Razr M update failure

Search This thread

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
So I'm not familiar with Motorola devices. My wife has a Razr M on System Version 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US. An update recently came out for it and she is trying to update to it, but the update keeps failing (Android with red exclamation mark). Her phone doesn't have the Super User app on it, but it does have Titanium Backup, which says it has root access, so I'm assuming some system apps got removed. On my HTC devices I would normally run the RUU for them to reset them completely and then take the update, however I can't seem to find an RUU for the Razr M. Does this not exist? Any suggestions on how to get the OTA for her?

Sorry, I can't seem to find any info on this. The phone seems to be a dead end phone...

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
So I'm not familiar with Motorola devices. My wife has a Razr M on System Version 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US. An update recently came out for it and she is trying to update to it, but the update keeps failing (Android with red exclamation mark). Her phone doesn't have the Super User app on it, but it does have Titanium Backup, which says it has root access, so I'm assuming some system apps got removed. On my HTC devices I would normally run the RUU for them to reset them completely and then take the update, however I can't seem to find an RUU for the Razr M. Does this not exist? Any suggestions on how to get the OTA for her?

Sorry, I can't seem to find any info on this. The phone seems to be a dead end phone...
Option1
Use the tibu on her phone to restore all frozen sys apps.
Voodoo to hide root.
Take ota.

2)
Restore to stock, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45548210&postcount=3
Go my restore & follow the sad smiley to what to do. It was written to restore ...78

House of moto link: may be easier to jump to ...94 & keep your data. Forget the ota

Ok?

Reactions: Nagrom Nniuq

Nagrom Nniuq

Dec 12, 2007
Thanks man. I'll give option 2 a try as the apps are gone and there is no backup

Nagrom Nniuq

Dec 12, 2007
Ok, so I can't get RSD to recognize the phone. The phone shows up in the device manager under adb. However it does not have the OK to Program message in the fastboot menu. So I can't really proceed to flash the phone using RSD. Suggestions?

Nagrom Nniuq

Dec 12, 2007
Anyone have any further feedback or help on this issue. I'm at the point where we are gonna throw her phone in the trash if we can't fix it, as she's having issues with it now and I can't really do anything with it.

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Try a different USB port? Mine only works in 1 of the 3 on my laptop for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Option1
    Use the tibu on her phone to restore all frozen sys apps.
    Voodoo to hide root.
    Take ota.

2)
    Restore to stock, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45548210&postcount=3
    Go my restore & follow the sad smiley to what to do. It was written to restore ...78

House of moto link: may be easier to jump to ...94 & keep your data. Forget the ota

Ok?