Lock screen (Camera) widgets?

Search This thread

Thomasba

no lock screen widgets apparently :(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mine will turn up later today but from the review I saw yesterday (video) the lockscreen did have a couple of widgets on it. There was a camera button bottom right and this particular review had the samsung tv app at the top of the lockscreen allowing him to adjust volume up and down and change channel.
Personally I don't have anything on my current S3 lockscreen other than the date and time but that's just me

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
That sucks you can't even get the camera. I think I'd just turn off the lock screen at that point. You could also look into an app that puts shortcuts into the notification dropdown--I did this for a flashlight app because I missed having it in my quick settings on my last custom rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

no lock screen widgets apparently :(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Indeed. I can't understand why they would take them away. Even my GS3 had this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

farcue

Apr 14, 2014
I have the same issue and spoke to samsung live chat and they said "Unfortunately the Australian models of the S5 do not have the feature where you can add a camera shortcut to the Lock Screen."
This sucks, ive tried using 3rd party apps and the shortcuts still wont work!
Im with vodafone AU

Last edited:

djb77

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2011
NSW
github.com
It's probably due to the CSC in Australia, this was an issues with other 4.x firmwares as well.
If someone is knox 0x1 already, maybe try flashing a different CSC from another region (maybe even a 4.3 to try it out)