[APP][09/07/20][PreviewPlugin Titanium english]JMLToday5.1-need Skins all resolutions

Search This thread

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
NEW VERSION IS ONLINE - please go to:

-> *Newest Version of Titanum-Plugin JMLToday with Download*

--> *Skins & AddOns for JMLToday*

Please read this before:

Here is in accordance with JMHL the Preview for JMLToday in English.
I discovered JMLToday some time ago in the web and there it was only for French language, but I liked the style and variability and so I got in contact with JML to translate it to other languages - at first Germany.
At first it was only a translation/changing of script - but then we got closer and the changes will be directly implemented in JMLToday - with the goal to have a multilanguage JMLToday.
Then I made also a multilang cab and looks for improvements - but the it's not good to have too much cooks - the developer of JMLToday is JMHL -> please visit his Blog: http://www.jmlacou.com/wpJML/?p=24
This "Collect-Thread" is opened in accordance with JMHL.

With the help and testing of some Users from Diamond-Section we have now a Preview of JMLToday in English Language - full functionality! (Thanks to donsalari, xxmarkosxx)
Some questions are already answered there: *Diamond JMLToday5.1-Thread*

But the Plugin can work on all resolutions - I made the installer, that it will be installed in every ROM - independent from the language - but the complete development was on the Diamond - and it's to difficult to estimate the other resolutions - especially in Titanium with the different styles.
But it runs on VGA,WVGA,QVGA,WQVGA,...!

But first have a little look to it (don't mind about foreign languages in Screenshot):

JMLTodayFirst_5.1.png

gep0m7hxkt5tnt8ffrx0.png

Further informations and Skins:
*French Developer Forum - The Home of JMHL*
*German Developer forum*

Important and what we need:

VGA/WVGA-Users:
The Plugin should work by default - you can change the skin, how you like. In the links above you will find much more skins and Icons.
But very much Skins have no Landscape support - and also new Skins would be really great! It's not difficult - if you look with CHome into the Vars - you will see, that very much different Skins are easy to make.

User with other resolutions like QVGA WQVGA:
First trial with additional setup instructions in Post #23 -> *QVGA/WVGA-Trial AddOn* - then it works on your resolution!
But we need more input: The Plugin can be installed, but there's only one .plg which has your Resolution. So all VGA-Themen - they won't be added to the right .cpr - nothing to see.
But you have the others default .plg-Files in the JMLToday-Directory... and you can add the sections for your resolution and resize the Icons and texts, that it looks nice.
Copy complete
<layout screenWidth="480" screenHeight="640">
</layout>
Section and add it with your resolution.
With the "Change Skin"-Contextmenu by tapping on the Main-Screen (or by starting "jmltodayskins.mscr" you can always test.

The Plugin works very stable - so I don't think you can do something wrong - but nevertheless: JMHL or me can't be made responsible for that what you do

Features 5.1 preview:
- Digital Clock
- Weather for Today and next 5 Days ( you'll find your town with http://weather.msn.com -> e.g. NewYork is "USNY0996" )
- Short description of weather
_ Battery, Appointments, Bluetooth, Wifi, Alarm-State
- Notifications for SMS and Phone (with extended Contextmenu!)
- Support of S2U2-UserWeather
- Support for Titanium7-Project and "custom" Titanium - what you prefer
- no costs :)
- ... much more - you'll see

The Program is written in C++ - so minimal Battery-Drain in opposite to 24/7-Mortscripts, complete skinable because everything to change is outside the C++ in Mortscript (but no 24/7 :) )
Why not Accuweather? In MSN it's a very small size to load (in next version only 1,5 Kb) - and you'll find much more small villages - perhaps yours)

Please help us to geht Skins for all Resolutions and for Portrait and Landscape.

We hope with the Multi-Language-Release of JMLToday - which will be made by JML - your Skins could be inside.
You can also looking forward to:
- configurable Clock/Alarm-Path (if U use e.g. G-Alarm, Pocket-Alarm,...)
- Interface for Skinners to add more informations, wherever they are (2nd weathercity, more Appointments, Birthdays,... whatever you like)
- Analog Clock :)

Notes because of questions:
- The default Plugin is "JMLToday.plg" - for this file we would need the qvga,... as most urgent
- the default.plg is only the hook for ATPluginInstaller - no need to change anything.
- Everything with "WM7" inside Skin-Name is for Titanium7-Project
- Use CHome-Editor from Showaco to see, what informations can be displayed in JMLToday
- switch from Fahrenheit to Celcius -> *klick to #31*

Thank you for your help - I will send working skins to JML and your Skin could be inside the next Releases - feedback is appreciated that we can see, that a skin is working on other resolutions - also new Ideas are welcome.

Thanks to everybody, who will help!

Micha

Attachments

• jmltoday_v51_english_v1.CAB
    1.9 MB · Views: 591
Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Sorry if i ask the obvious... is this a Titanium plugin like stated in the title or is it a CHome Titanium replacement with plugins?

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
@benko286:
Yes - in 5.2 it will be chooseable for us and en (Fahrenheit <-> Celcius). Also for 12/24h

But meanwhile you can change it immediately to Celcius:
you will find in jmlmeteo.mscr the line with

raw=ReadFile("http://meteo.msn.com/RSS.aspx?wealocations=wc:"&location&"&weadegreetyp e=F&culture=en-US", "latin1")

- change it to:

raw=ReadFile("http://meteo.msn.com/RSS.aspx?wealocations=wc:"&location&"&weadegreetyp e=C&culture=en-US", "latin1")

@claus1953:
No - there's no replacement of something - you should have to do it manually to overtake the CClock, if you want. But by default: New Panel - don't be afraid :)

@ll: The 5.2 is really great in first Tests - we really need at least the "JMLToday.plg" and the "JMLToday_WM7.plg" very urgent in QVGA and WQVGA (and perhaps in landscape, too)
Please help - we don't have the devices to make it in perfect fit for this resolutions.
Otherwise the Release for all Resolutions (besides VGA and WVGA) must be postponed

Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
@claus1953:
No - there's no replacement of something - you should have to do it manually to overtake the CClock, if you want. But by default: New Panel - don't be afraid :)

@ll: The 5.2 is really great in first Tests - we really need at least the "JMLToday.plg" and the "JMLToday_WM7.plg" very urgent in QVGA and WQVGA (and perhaps in landscape, too)
Please help - we don't have the devices to make it in perfect fit for this resolutions.
Otherwise the Release for all Resolutions (besides VGA and WVGA) must be postponed

I installed the plugin, then a new panel appeared with the setup. I did the setup then CHome refreshed but the new plugin did not show up anymore. In CHome Editor it shows up as the top plugin but not on my screen.

I did try to install it in the default theme for Titanium to avoid problems with compatibility.

Last edited:

blazingwolf

Nov 11, 2006
I installed the plugin, then a new panel appeared with the setup. I did the setup then CHome refreshed but the new plugin did not show up anymore. In CHome Editor it shows up as the top plugin but not on my screen.

I did try to install it in the default theme for Titanium to avoid problems with compatibility.

Might have something to do with your screen size according to the first post.

Phaze13

Nov 20, 2008
Very Cool! Works well. :) VGA

Only way for me to have English for all the words is to change the Skin to Chelsea.
I like the JMLToday standard Skin better but the Day and Month is still in some other language "French"?

Got the City worked out and weather shows but the icon is chopped on the top.

Thanks! Looking forward to 5.2

ManUtd07

Jan 21, 2009
I like this plugin. However, I have two questions. On my weather panel, the days are not capitalized. How do I change that. Also, how do I go from 24h clock to 12h clock? Again, nice looking plugin and thanks for any help.

nec85

Mar 4, 2009
Istanbul
how it's gonna be install, i installed the cab to the phone memory, i click ChomeRefresh in programs/ utilities/jmltoday/ but nothing happens, do i have to close touchflo 3D from today or not?? please someone tell me how it'll work??? my device is diamond also...

Last edited:

Hemant

Nov 29, 2004
@benko286:
Yes - in 5.2 it will be chooseable for us and en (Fahrenheit <-> Celcius). Also for 12/24h

But meanwhile you can change it immediately to Celcius:
you will find in jmlmeteo.mscr the line with

raw=ReadFile("http://meteo.msn.com/RSS.aspx?wealocations=wc:"&location&"&weadegreetyp e=F&culture=en-US", "latin1")

- change it to:

raw=ReadFile("http://meteo.msn.com/RSS.aspx?wealocations=wc:"&location&"&weadegreetyp e=C&culture=en-US", "latin1")

@claus1953:

Michel,

Changing F to C for degrees didnt work out. After making a change it always gives an error in mscr file.

donsalari

Apr 12, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
how it's gonna be install, i installed the cab to the phone memory, i click ChomeRefresh in programs/ utilities/jmltoday/ but nothing happens, do i have to close touchflo 3D from today or not?? please someone tell me how it'll work??? my device is diamond also...

Of coure you need to close tf3d... And u need to enable "windows default" from the today settings...

I like this plugin. However, I have two questions. On my weather panel, the days are not capitalized. How do I change that. Also, how do I go from 24h clock to 12h clock? Again, nice looking plugin and thanks for any help.

I am annoyed with that too... Tried a lot.. But apparently it picks up the days from system clock...(Atleast i think so) :)

Nice app. Installed perfect. Is there a way to dispaly 12 hour time format instead of 24 hour format?

Not yet :(

Last edited: