Rogers GSM HTC Evo 3D will have unlocked bootloaders!

Search This thread

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
Hello,

If you didn't hear the EVO 3D will be coming to Canada this summer. This is a GSM variant of the EVO 3D. If you go to this link here:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/eve...oducing-the-htc-evo-3d-and-the-lg-optimus-3d/

Scroll down check out the the comments one ask's if the Bootloaders will be unlocked, this is the answer from RogersService :

Code:
RogersKatie says: July 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm
Hi Jim,

Yes, our HTC EVO 3D will have an unlocked bootloader.

Katie

So this is great news for us :D

netstat_EVO

Feb 15, 2011
I have my fingers crossed that it will be that simple.

But I really think that they are going to spend the dev time on the GSM version to push it to market, and leave us CDMA users behind for a while.

Arnezie

Jul 14, 2010
Michigan
remember the sprint version was supposed to be unlocked as well and you see they didn't do what they said they were going to do ,but good luck on yours .

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Isn't HTC already unlocking the bootloaders in August though? It just looks like our phones will ship with the newest firmware/bootloader.

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
Hmm I wouldn't be surprised by the time rogers gets theirs we have the first update that preps the phone to be unlocked.

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
The sensation bootloaders are to be unlocked in august, the evo 3d in september so they most likely will have the latest firmware at launch.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Bukem75

Feb 12, 2008
RogersKatie says: July 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm
Hi Jim,

Yes, our HTC EVO 3D will have an unlocked bootloader AT LAUNCH.
I do not see those last two words in your original quote. Might be waiting months like we are for that unlock...

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
If theirs truely is unlocked at launch, is it possible to flash the bootloader over or impossible because the GSM bootloader won't be compatible with the CDMA phone?

Bukem75

Feb 12, 2008
Could they learn from from the GSM version? Pretty sure... Can you flash it right over to the CDMA version? Not a chance in hell... =/

crisvillani

Oct 22, 2009
im currently waiting for a response from Rogers for if the unlocked bootloaders will be available at launch.

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
If theirs truely is unlocked at launch, is it possible to flash the bootloader over or impossible because the GSM bootloader won't be compatible with the CDMA phone?

It is likely a very safe idea to not even try to flash it...if it would even allow it.

...and we're still not sure what HTC means by 'unlocked bootloader'...even though that would suggest that they all come 's-off' I highly highly doubt that. would it be as simple as "fastboot oem unlock" ?? That's more likely but I still doubt that. I am very curious to see exactly wtf they do to ship things unlocked.

...I would be surprised if they didn't ship locked and encrypted to the gills. Though they will likely have their 'unlock signup/trade in your warranty' website live for launch, which sounds most likely.

Mnemoch

Apr 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Rogers_Chris says: August 10, 2011 at 5:04 pm
Hi Andy,

When we announced the HTC EVO 3D coming to Rogers, we communicated that the device would launch with an unlocked bootloader (as Katie wrote above). Our apologies – we have since learned that the device will not be shipped unlocked. For more information on webtools, please visit the HTC website ww.HTCdev.com. If you decide to make a change, please note that some actions may void warranties.

Reply to this comment

android01

Apr 20, 2010
Toronto
Rogers_Chris says: August 10, 2011 at 5:04 pm
Hi Andy,

When we announced the HTC EVO 3D coming to Rogers, we communicated that the device would launch with an unlocked bootloader (as Katie wrote above). Our apologies – we have since learned that the device will not be shipped unlocked. For more information on webtools, please visit the HTC website ww.HTCdev.com. If you decide to make a change, please note that some actions may void warranties.

Reply to this comment

Please note , that katie was also unlocked from her employment at rogers for even remotely implying that you could uninstall our carrier bloatware.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts