[ROM] North America Generic R800a 4.0.A.2.368

Search This thread

The_Newtype

May 23, 2011
Orlando
Does this FW have FULL access to ALL games (PS1, etc) from the Playstation Pocket App and the Android market? I would like to go back R800a software from my generic world version, but I want to have full access to all of the goodies the rest of the world gets.

Thanks!

The_Newtype

May 23, 2011
Orlando
Does this FW have FULL access to ALL games (PS1, etc) from the Playstation Pocket App and the Android market? I would like to go back R800a software from my generic world version, but I want to have full access to all of the goodies the rest of the world gets.

Thanks!

Decided to install and test myself.

All PS1 classics are available in addition to the Play-optimized, Android titles in the market. Everything seems to work well thus far.

eysonfm

Mar 7, 2011
Lima
Just got my Xperia Play today from At&t and flashed to this firmware to get rid of some of the at&t crap.
Now im trying to root the thing using Gingerbreak 1.2. Can anyone confirm if this works.
Also how do i go about going back to the stock at&t firmware and where do i get it to do so?
Thank you for your help.
Did you have 4G (H+) working with the Generic R800a?

kaotriple

Feb 8, 2008
I have R800i and I would like to flash with Wotanserver to R800a. It's possibility to flash or not. Thanks for your answer.

skaroger867

Jan 23, 2007
Kentucky
i have a problem, whenever i connect the headphones it does not recongize i have them in and does not route the sound through them, it still comes out of the phone speakers

weird, but other than that everything is fine. my data seems to be faster, i set up the values manually, maybe that has something to do with it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is guys north america generic official firmware 4.0.A.2.368 ready to download. It works as it should I flashed it to my phone first before uploading. It almost seems like my signal strength is much better and more consistant than I had with the R800i FW, just an observation tho have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?e05weljaz3934j4
    I have a r800x will this brick my phone??

Sent from my R800x using XDA Premium App
    You cant root 2.3.3 with gingerbreak. Only works with 2.3.2. To get r800a 2.3.2 and to have root on r800a 2.3.3 without battery issues. Go to wotanserver.com. Register for a new account (its free). Download the drivers and client software. Install drivers and open wontanserver software. Sign in and follow directions. Choose r800i 2.3.2 (3.0.a.??184 or something). Now download gingerbreak. 1.2( search forum or google) to your computer and unzip. Now connect phone to computer and drag gingerbreak to xperia play storage. On phone go to market and download and install "explorer". Open explorer and find sdcard/gingerbreak.apk and click on it. Now install and open. In gingerbreak press root and wait 5-10 mins until it reboots. Now go to settings/phone/system update. Only update Over-The-Air or else you'll lose root with pc companion/se updater. Enjoy your rooted r800i 2.3.3 :)
    P.S. Dont remove system apps unless you aren't going to update again 2.3.4. Use titanium to backup/ freeze apps you dont want to see in phone. Beware of what apps to do this to.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked
    Yes you can use it no problem plus doomlord just upped a new rooting tool that will root any firmware now!

Sent from my R800i using XDA App