[Battery] Thread

Search This thread

tsleng

Sep 14, 2011
Looking for an external battery than can push out the 1A which the socket charge pumps out. Anyone checked that?

Finally getting one eh? :D

Amazon has 7000mAh units for sale around £25. Newtrent and Tecknet. 5000mAh units are £20. If you want to splash, then 11000mAh units are £35.

I bought the Newtrent 7000mAh unit and might get to use it next week when I travel on the train to London. Will post my views of it then!

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
About battery I wonder if there will be a way to replace it once warranty is over. Because I'm really concerned of battery longevity. I mean, after two years of intensive use its life will decrease quite a lot so does the current design may allow some not too hard replacement ? :)

had similar thoughts as well before and after buying the phone. Portable chargers can help but when the phone can only hold <50% of its original capacity, so you gotta charge it always as it will die(used up the battery) quite often

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
had similar thoughts as well before and after buying the phone. Portable chargers can help but when the phone can only hold <50% of its original capacity, so you gotta charge it always as it will die(used up the battery) quite often

Does anyone know how Apple/Sprint/Verizon/AT&T handles iPhone battery replacement? It's not like this is the first phone that has a non-removable battery so there has to be provisions made somewhere or at least guidelines to go by.

Hoping the warranty on the device is the standard 1yr at least BUT the battery replacement is going to be longer, maybe to the standard 2yr agreement plan?? I don't usually have a device for more than a year but 2yr agreement and battery replacement just seems to make sense. *At least from the the end users point of view. :)

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Looking for an external battery than can push out the 1A which the socket charge pumps out. Anyone checked that?

I was going to order one of the New Trent IMP500 ifuel 5000mAh units BUT after not being able to find the output spec I emailed them and their units only do 600mA out so it will not charge at the same rate as the wall plug which does 1000mA (1amp per hour) just like the wall charger. :(

I did already (delivered yesterday) buy one of the Anker 5600mA Power Bank units which does, indeed, have the 1000mA output rating so I think I'm going to stick with this one. I had originally planned to try both the New Trent and Anker but since the New Trent (and from what they told me, none of theirs do) doesn't supply the 1000mA output, I'm not going to even bother.

HTH

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
Does anyone know how Apple/Sprint/Verizon/AT&T handles iPhone battery replacement? It's not like this is the first phone that has a non-removable battery so there has to be provisions made somewhere or at least guidelines to go by.

Hoping the warranty on the device is the standard 1yr at least BUT the battery replacement is going to be longer, maybe to the standard 2yr agreement plan?? I don't usually have a device for more than a year but 2yr agreement and battery replacement just seems to make sense. *At least from the the end users point of view. :)

Not sure how they do it(I think it can still be replaced and "sticked" back nicely, maybe not in a normal fashion but maybe it may be possible with special skills or tools, but not sure bout that since I'm not an expert in that part). Otherwise, HTC would have a lot of phones in disposal area(for example, if a user return the phone back because of faulty screen, HTC cannot reuse it back in which I think is not very possible so I think there is a way to open it so they could extract other parts and replace the screen)

Well, let's see what HTC can provide us with at the end of the day. Haven't tried to ask to exchange for anything yet so can't comment on its after sales service.

fi3ry_icy

Apr 24, 2010
HTC One X
HTC Leo
Not sure how they do it(I think it can still be replaced and "sticked" back nicely, maybe not in a normal fashion but maybe it may be possible with special skills or tools, but not sure bout that since I'm not an expert in that part). Otherwise, HTC would have a lot of phones in disposal area(for example, if a user return the phone back because of faulty screen, HTC cannot reuse it back in which I think is not very possible so I think there is a way to open it so they could extract other parts and replace the screen)

Well, let's see what HTC can provide us with at the end of the day. Haven't tried to ask to exchange for anything yet so can't comment on its after sales service.

Either way they better not sell these units as NEW sets.. if they fail in quality control this is the price they have to pay..

Hope HTC wakes up and stop treating us loyal customers as dispensers..

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
Either way they better not sell these units as NEW sets.. if they fail in quality control this is the price they have to pay..

Hope HTC wakes up and stop treating us loyal customers as dispensers..

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

True. Otherwise I would go for iOS(iPhone) or WP(Lumia)

Castellano2

Nov 22, 2008
Is possible to gain battery that doesnt charge the phone which is used only as battery? I dont want to lose charging cycles

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Is possible to gain battery that doesnt charge the phone which is used only as battery? I dont want to lose charging cycles

That.... is not possible but honestly, probably not a healthy focus of your concerns. *Never really heard anyone worry about battery cycles before... Is this the life a non-removable device owner? :what:

ETA: Once the battery is fully charged, the pack will act (something like) the battery but who knows how that effects your main battery charging cycles.

Sent from my Evo3D with XDA Premium App (but I still know how to search)

Castellano2

Nov 22, 2008
I take care because my previous Htc Evo 3d battery has after 8 months very small capacity and I was charging 3x per day. And here is not possible to replace battery without service center, so I would like to spare battery

Odesláno z mého HTC One X pomocí Tapatalk 2

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
A normal lin-ion/poly has an lifetime of 300/500 or less charges , that`s if you charge it to 100% and run it`s flat and then phone turns it`s self off.

But if you only charge it to 80% and then only run it down to 40% before you charge back to 80% you will get up to 1500 charge cycles out of it.

Running an lin-ion/poly battery till it is flat damages it, as does charging it till it is full.

This is not easy to do as the one x runs battery`s flat very quick, hopefully their will be a fix.

If you want any more info see the link below.

John.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Did HTC take away the Power Save feature of Sense (you can set it to come on with alarm starting at 30%) and did they change the charging protection that charged up to 99 and then stopped and discharged to 95 or 96?

Sent from my Evo3D with XDA Premium App (but I still know how to search)

stu8888

Apr 15, 2012
so would this be true (simplistic i know:D)

100% = 1 Day use
40% = 40% of a day use

500 charges @ 1 day = 500 days use
1500 charges @ 40% of a day = 600 days use

so the question would be is charging your phone every half day worth the extra 100 days?

Reactions: mrrogers1

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA

100% = 1 Day use
40% = 40% of a day use

so the question would be is charging your phone every half day worth the extra 100 days?

awnawobama.jpg

LOL! Simplistic but makes sense enough to see that folks may be over analyzing taking this new "feature" we're going to be saddled with for the next iteration of the Evo a bit much. *Keep in mind, this doesn't neccesarily spell the end of end user removable batteries for them. Remember the missing kickstand? They brought it back, (I like to say) for "US". :D

I wonder what all the iPhone fanboy's were saying back in the beginning and more importantly, how they handled battery replacement issues.

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
Your a little confused, when i say a cycle i mean 100% of the battery , If you only use 40%-80% , you have used only 40%, less than half a cycle , so that`s like 3000 40-80% charges under ideal circumstances, but heat damages battery`s too.

You damage the battery every time you charge it to 100% and discharge it to 0%, only by a very small amount but it adds up, if you use 40%-80% you are like using the center of the battery.

Though every couple of months it`s best to charge to 100% and then let discharge to 0% and the phone turns off, as this calibrates the battery meter and, I dont quite understand something called "keeping the electrons moving"

John.

100% = 1 Day use
40% = 40% of a day use

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Your a little confused, when i say a cycle i mean 100% of the battery , If you only use 40%-80% , you have used less than half a cycle , so that`s like 3000 40-80% charges.

John.

Thanks for clarifying that John but I wonder, are there people (please excuse me if you are one of them) that actually sit around worrying about how many battery cycles they have and charge to 80% and recharge at 40% to save them? (*Or charge to 100% and recharge when it hits 60% religiously)

Maybe I'm just too carefree but that sh&* seems real OCD to me but alas... to each their own. YMMV

Top Liked Posts