[think tank] Page buddy

Search This thread

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
so if you ever ran jkay mods on your past galaxy devices , you know what the quicklaunch panel is ..

that's pretty much the same thing as page buddy , with some exceptions...

for those who dont know what page buddy is :

enable it via settings under display submenu ...

here is what I noticed about this ...

1_ it only shows up when you remove the spen ( I can probably fix that)
2_ it will only work if you are usign TWlauncher .. ( I can probably fix that)
3_ the shortcuts are non editable but if you remove one of the apps form system the shortcuts gets replaced by other apps ( I can probably fix the default app to ... or maybe not)

here is what it woudl be missing ....

customizable shortcuts ... we would either need an app to customize them or some longpress feature on them (in order to change them) would be neet ..

please as the section says only dev talk in here ...

if you think you can contribute to this project I will get it going and most probably achieve 2/3 of these options pretty quicklt...

the problem is investing time in this without the application to handle it is pretty much a waste of time ..

who 's in ? :cool:

garyd9

Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure what your goal is... Are you trying to customize page buddy, write a replacement for it, or ?

The things that trigger "page buddy" aren't limited to the spen. It can also be triggered by plugging in the headphones or docking the device. (I'm not sure what happens if 2 or more triggers are active at a time.)

The docks shortcuts on "page buddy" are supposed to be the most frequently used apps in a given situation. For example, the spen buddy dock shortcuts would be the apps that you most frequently use when the spen is removed.

Take care
Gary

DAGr8

Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
I'm not sure what your goal is... Are you trying to customize page buddy, write a replacement for it, or ?

The things that trigger "page buddy" aren't limited to the spen. It can also be triggered by plugging in the headphones or docking the device. (I'm not sure what happens if 2 or more triggers are active at a time.)

The docks shortcuts on "page buddy" are supposed to be the most frequently used apps in a given situation. For example, the spen buddy dock shortcuts would be the apps that you most frequently use when the spen is removed.

Take care
Gary

well yea im french

so lemme rephrase
I am trying to have an option to force page buddy thingy to be on or off

then customize/force the apps at like we do for multiwindow

english enough ?

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
I would like to be able to force the shortcuts on the page buddies, my GNote2 has chosen a set which I dont want and says I cant change them!

floyd0815

Someone managed to do that on the SGSIII (shortcuts when headphone was plugged in). I don't know if he rewrote the handling app or edited the corresponding database, but it was possible to rearrange the apps by editing a sql db of an app named like "context aware...".
On the note i think you have to write to the /data/data/com.samsung.android.providers.context/databases/ContextDB.db "app_usage" database to do what you want to do.
Hopefully you get this working (all points you mentioned) since I was looking for this since day one.

THX in advance.

EDIT: Here is the link to the SGSIII app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so if you ever ran jkay mods on your past galaxy devices , you know what the quicklaunch panel is ..

that's pretty much the same thing as page buddy , with some exceptions...

for those who dont know what page buddy is :

enable it via settings under display submenu ...

here is what I noticed about this ...

1_ it only shows up when you remove the spen ( I can probably fix that)
    2_ it will only work if you are usign TWlauncher .. ( I can probably fix that)
    3_ the shortcuts are non editable but if you remove one of the apps form system the shortcuts gets replaced by other apps ( I can probably fix the default app to ... or maybe not)

here is what it woudl be missing ....

customizable shortcuts ... we would either need an app to customize them or some longpress feature on them (in order to change them) would be neet ..

please as the section says only dev talk in here ...

if you think you can contribute to this project I will get it going and most probably achieve 2/3 of these options pretty quicklt...

the problem is investing time in this without the application to handle it is pretty much a waste of time ..

who 's in ? :cool: