Can't flash KRT16S (from KRT16O)

Search This thread

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012
Hi everybody :eek:
When the factory images came out, I flash my N4 with the stock factory images that we used to find here : https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#occamkrt16s because it is now the KRT16S build

After a few days, when the KRT16S build came out, I was proposed in my phone to update it. I downloaded it, tried to flash it but nothing worked, I'm still on KRT16O and the OTA doesn't appear anymore... Then I remembered that I flashed a mod found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527525 (that's a great mod btw:D) so I guessed that I could reflash the undo file available on the thread, flash the ota file dl mannually (I attached it in this thread) which I did through TWRP. Then I was able to see the problem, it told me that, from what I remember, Agenda.apk was missing (I think it's diary in english, not sure) then I remembered that I manually deleted some apps I never use (diary is one of them...)

So, what's next, shall I reflash the gapps to finally update my phone :confused:

Thanks for your help :laugh:

Attachments

• 70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
    9 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012
Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210
I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it :victory:

Here's the whole mesage :

Code:
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 dile found.
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Updating partition détails...

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Failed[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited:

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it :victory:

Code:
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'

You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.

Reactions: azertguigui

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012
You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.
I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...
But thanks anyway for the mount function, I'll give a try ;)

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...

Simpler way to update without OTA package:

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"

You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-

Ibrahim.Rahman

Jul 19, 2013
Karachi

Not sure what you're trying to say here..

You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-

Try avoiding toolkits as they can lead to problems and leave you stuck with no idea what to do. Yes he is referring to the sdk. Only the platform-tools folder in the sdk is required so if you don't wanna bother downloading the complete file, just download the platform-tools from here and extract it to an appropriate location. Extract and move the Factory Image that you downloaded to your platform-tools directory. If you don't want your data to be erased, edit the flash-all script with a text editor and remove -w and save. Plug in your phone. Make sure you have the drivers installed. In the platform tools directory, press shift+right click> open command prompt here. Type adb devices. You will see "device <Serial Number>. If you don't, your drivers are faulty. Then type adb reboot bootloader. Once your phone has rebooted into bootloader, make sure that it is being detected by typing fastboot devices. You should see an output similar to adb devices. Now simply run the flash-all script and let it do its work. Reboot after flashing is completed.
Hope this helps!

saifulh2304

May 16, 2013
Klang
try search any youtube on how to flash factory images to your device. I guess u'll find lots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Words of advice, learn how to use ADB instead of relying solely on toolkits. It's very simple actually.
Now there's a simple way to update which is sideload. Oh and btw to sideload, you still need ADB though (this is why learning ADB is VERY important to us, the N4 users). Here is a video tutorial on how to perform adb sideload. All the links are attached in his youtube video.

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012
:laugh: I quoted my own UP post but it told me that my post should have at least 2 letters, so I taped the spacebar twice and it wrote this

Try avoiding toolkits as they can lead to problems and leave you stuck with no idea what to do. Yes he is referring to the sdk. Only the platform-tools folder in the sdk is required so if you don't wanna bother downloading the complete file, just download the platform-tools from here and extract it to an appropriate location. Extract and move the Factory Image that you downloaded to your platform-tools directory. If you don't want your data to be erased, edit the flash-all script with a text editor and remove -w and save. Plug in your phone. Make sure you have the drivers installed. In the platform tools directory, press shift+right click> open command prompt here. Type adb devices. You will see "device <Serial Number>. If you don't, your drivers are faulty. Then type adb reboot bootloader. Once your phone has rebooted into bootloader, make sure that it is being detected by typing fastboot devices. You should see an output similar to adb devices. Now simply run the flash-all script and let it do its work. Reboot after flashing is completed.
Hope this helps!
Thanks, I'll give a try

try search any youtube on how to flash factory images to your device. I guess u'll find lots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Words of advice, learn how to use ADB instead of relying solely on toolkits. It's very simple actually.
Now there's a simple way to update which is sideload. Oh and btw to sideload, you still need ADB though (this is why learning ADB is VERY important to us, the N4 users). Here is a video tutorial on how to perform adb sideload. All the links are attached in his youtube video.
thanks guys, I'm gonna find tutorials on the web like the one you pointed to me

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Code:
    Checking for MD5 file...

-From my Nexus 4-

Hope this helps!