Votes: 109 99.1%
  • no

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

santiagodraco

May 20, 2012
Austin
Got this bad boy rooted and apps installed! Working on installing it... in my car :)

So, I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how one might go about programming the unit to turn on automatically on power resume. Since in a car you don't want things turned on indefinitely... I'd like to avoid having to push the power button every time I start the car. Anyone have any thoughts? Is it possible?

Thanks!

pssnn

Feb 7, 2013
Midwest
Power down

Got this bad boy rooted and apps installed! Working on installing it... in my car :)

So, I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how one might go about programming the unit to turn on automatically on power resume. Since in a car you don't want things turned on indefinitely... I'd like to avoid having to push the power button every time I start the car. Anyone have any thoughts? Is it possible?

Thanks!

ROM Toolbox has a widget that will allow the device to be powered off without having to physically push the power button.

fastguy

Feb 22, 2006

Thanks!

Well the power on button is an electronic contact at the end. Maybe you can manage to handle it with a electromagnetic contact that's powered on by the car.

Alternatively, you can replace internal disk with a SSD or tinker with HDD power management settings to see if you can power down the disk. The car battery shall be already large enough to handle this for a month I guess. The hardware is the same as Nexus 10 except the disk and lack of touchscreen. It shall not be sucking much energy.

Ps. I once opened the case to see what's inside and to modify disk permissions externally when I still couldn't have root. Be careful with the bluetooth antenna cable if you want to open it.

santiagodraco

May 20, 2012
Austin
ROM Toolbox has a widget that will allow the device to be powered off without having to physically push the power button.

Awesome, I'll check it out.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Well the power on button is an electronic contact at the end. Maybe you can manage to handle it with a electromagnetic contact that's powered on by the car.

Alternatively, you can replace internal disk with a SSD or tinker with HDD power management settings to see if you can power down the disk. The car battery shall be already large enough to handle this for a month I guess. The hardware is the same as Nexus 10 except the disk and lack of touchscreen. It shall not be sucking much energy.

Ps. I once opened the case to see what's inside and to modify disk permissions externally when I still couldn't have root. Be careful with the bluetooth antenna cable if you want to open it.

Yeah, I may have to go with the switch idea. I like the elcromagnetic switch idea. Something I can piggy back on the device. I already have a Carnetix 2190 regulated power supply that is programmable, so it can, for example, send a remote signal from another trigger (say alarm aux) to power on and it can do the reverse... it stays on for a programmable period of time and can send another remote signal at to power off a device, before it itself shuts down.

I was hoping there would be a way to have it resume on simple power on though... but that would probably be expecting too much :)

kingfish600

Aug 21, 2012
I bought one of these used and it had a account on it as administrator. I have root and solid explorer installed how can I remove the previous account?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

amiel1080p

Jul 14, 2011
Las Piñas
watsup guys, do you have issues with your homesync? whenever i watch a movie, i just reboots on its own, its getting anoying since this is not a cheap device, one thing, it even lags,

by the way, what player app do you use? im using mx player

Last edited:

kingfish600

Aug 21, 2012
I'm using bsplayer and I archos video player to watch videos off my NAS. It's default player stutters but you can set it to use bsplayer.

kingfish600

Aug 21, 2012
I just tried out 3rd at 1080p with surround sound and experienced no stuttering while streaming over my NAS. I think it even did a better job than my windows 7 quad core PC. I have to change the display to 24htz for my projector to pick up the 3rd feed on windows 7 but I don't have to make any changes on the homesync but it does make me wonder what htz it outputs at.

nasedoua

Dec 28, 2011
Lviv
Hi everybody.
Does Samsung HomeSync support DTS 5.1? Because all media in 5.1 it play in stereo 2.0. I try HDMI and S/PDIF, also i changed in settings.

kingfish600

Aug 21, 2012
Mine seems to work fine. Had trouble to begin with but kept changing settings until it worked. Mine is through him I.

kingfish600

Aug 21, 2012
I have the mj3 firmware I just rooted it last night. I'm pretty happy with it so far I think i'm going to have to change the build prop though right now I'm using market helper buyt lots of the games arn't working right and I think it might be because i'm spoofing a nexus 7 and the processor in this is suposed to be a nexus 10 processor.

Sent from my GT-B9150 using Tapatalk

rbebber

Dec 4, 2009
Got the controller, anyway to get the home button to stop flashing? I hit the dongle button but still does it. Works good for asphalt 8

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

pssnn

Feb 7, 2013
Midwest
Got the controller, anyway to get the home button to stop flashing? I hit the dongle button but still does it. Works good for asphalt 8

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

I just got mine today as well. I am seeing the same flashing issue. I was thinking maybe it needs to charge more? I also need to try to figure out which controls to use. Maybe a how to guide would be useful for this controller and the homesync.

Sent from my GT-B9150 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello guys, i know this is out of the topic but i cannot find anywhere to ask this,, i just got my homesync yesterday, immeiately i hook it up into my tv,, however i could not set up my device (note3) as administrator. also in the settings of the homesync, my samsung account's auto sync is disable and i could not enable it,, thanks in advance for the answer

Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Guys,

I finally managed to root the Homesync. Here's what I've done.
    1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
    2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
    3) Then read the following post:
    https://github.com/koush/Superuser/issues/196
    and download the following supersu update:
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip
    4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
    5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
    6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
    7) run saferoot, let it do its job

You shall now be rooted. If you want to keep it, don't upgrade to newer firmware. I'll try to see if there's a way to upgrade but still keep root.

PS. All credit goes to k1mu who built the saferoot tool and the discussion in the bug report, and the updated su from Koush.
    Few details on rooting and enabling play store, I added in SD referring this forum. Little clean version
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can be rooted!
    1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
    2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
    3) Then read the following post:
    https://github.com/koush/Superuser/issues/196
    and download the following supersu update:
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/superuser/superuser.zip
    4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
    5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
    6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
    Enable development mode from Settings>About Device > Click on the Build number about several times until Development mode pops up, and then checked usb debugging box
    Connect USB cable from your PC to microUSB on HomeSync, install Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones (google it) so that the computer can connect to the HomeSync
    7) run saferoot, let it do its job
    go to saferoot folder on your PC, run the install.bat to begin rooted process.

Update : existing firmware MH8 is rootable too. below is the log

Code:
    D:\Homesync\saferoot>install.bat
    ---        Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Root         ---
    --- Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube ---

[*] Testing adb usability

Plug in your phone and Press any key to continue . . .

[*] Waiting for your phone to appear
    [*] Your phone is detected and ready for rooting.

[*] Sending files to your device...

[*] Starting rooting program.
    ro.build.product=spcwifi
    ro.build.id=JDQ39
    search kallsyms...
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    (kallsyms_addresses=c0604000)
    (kallsyms_num_syms=0000d760)
    kernel dump...
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

prepare_kernel_cred=c0051d10
    commit_creds=c0051920
    ptmx_fops=c0994888
    ptmx_open=c022e40c
    tty_init_dev=c0225f58
    tty_release=c022611c
    tty_fasync=c022502c
    ptm_driver=00000000

Succeeded in getroot!
    Remount success!
    Copying files..
    Done.. reboot to enable root!

[*] Checking if rooting succeeded
    [*] Removing temporary files...

[*] Trying to disable Knox...
    Unknown id: disable

[*] Rebooting... Please wait.
    [*] Waiting for device to re-appear...

Wait until your phone reboots,then unlock it and Press any key to continue . . .

On your phone, open SuperSU and let it update if it asks.
    When SuperSU is done updating, Press any key to continue . . .
    On your phone, watch for the SuperSU permission popup and give
    permission for ADB Shell to gain root permissions.

USAGE: sleep SECONDS
    [*] Disabling Knox
    Unknown id: disable
    [*] Setting Permissions
    unknown option -- o
    Usage: su [options] [--] [-] [LOGIN] [--] [args...]

Options:
      --daemon                      start the su daemon agent
      -c, --command COMMAND         pass COMMAND to the invoked shell
      -h, --help                    display this help message and exit
      -, -l, --login                pretend the shell to be a login shell
      -m, -p,
      --preserve-environment        do not change environment variables
      -s, --shell SHELL             use SHELL instead of the default /system/bin/sh
      -u                            display the multiuser mode and exit
      -v, --version                 display version number and exit
      -V                            display version code and exit,
                                    this is used almost exclusively by Superuser.apk

unknown option -- f

Options:
      -m, -p,

unknown option -- f

Options:
      -m, -p,

Usage: chmod [OPTION] <MODE> <FILE>
      -R, --recursive         change files and directories recursively
      --help                  display this help and exit
    Unknown id: /system/xbin/super
    [*] Installing busybox
    unknown option -- install

Options:
      -m, -p,

unknown option -- o

Options:
      -m, -p,

--- All Finished ---
    Press any key to continue . . .

You can download any MJ3, such as the one from Turkey or Singapore, etc. Installing this with Odin will make you lose all what's inside the Homesync (including the 1TB drive content), so make sure to backup. (Thanks Fastguy)
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-B9150&pcode=XSP#firmware

ENABLING PLAY STORE
    Note: You have to root first,
    This is simplest method found and you dont need to edit build.prop. if this helps, consider donating app developer.
    Steps:
    1.Download Market helper from http://codekiem.com/market-helper/latest
    2.Install and open
    3.It will ask for root permissions, grant
    4.Use settings as for nexus 7
    5. Enable device on google dashboard

TA DAA.. you are all set.

If you reboot, you have to follow above steps again. Anyway this device supposed to be turn on all time (personal cloud) so this should not matter.

Full steps
    http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/
    Guys my Homesync's emmc got fried, I can't write or delete anything anymore. So I will open the box, extract the HDD and retire it. I won't be contributing in this thread anymore.
    LOulOo I am tempted to try to flash Nexus 10 recovery or the 4.2.2 nexus factory system.img

I spent a lot of hours yesterday trying to bring a stock navbar with clock and notifications but I failed. I also still can't see the usual apps in Play store although I did all possible changes in the build.prop.

I will hope that the system.img from nexus 10 is compatible :)

I also wrote to Chainfire for a flash kernel for Mobile Odin but he did not write back yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    In fact it's still OK. I'm running SMB server and SSH server on it. They run on non standard ports but all my pc are Linux so it's not an issue.
    I have Torrent for downloading, Xbmc for media, bittorent sync for syncing. Biggest annoyance is the timestamp issue that's bugging all phones and tablets with ext4 sdcards and that play store is a joke with nearly all apps not compatible while most of them run just fine. Why did Sammy do something like this is beyond my understanding.