Android 10 bugs/how to roll back

Search This thread

NootCO

Aug 6, 2019
Just updated to android 10 and the front facing is huge because the pixels around it are black making it extremely noticeable now. Is there any way to fix this? Also before updating I saw it said I could roll back easily but it seems there is nothing to let me do that in settings... I really hope somebody can help :good:

looneylv

Aug 16, 2011
Riga. Latvia
Thats why it is BETA. If you arnt commited to bugs, crying in the forums how to downgrade, then WHY IN THE WORLD did you apply in to the beta program???
As there is no way to mannualy update from android 9 to 10 (you brick your device) so i doubt that it is possible to downgrade.

The only thing you can do is to send a report to honor about this problem and wait untill they fix it.

dlhak

May 9, 2016
Oran
www.moeiz.com
Thats why it is BETA. If you arnt commited to bugs, crying in the forums how to downgrade, then WHY IN THE WORLD did you apply in to the beta program???
As there is no way to mannualy update from android 9 to 10 (you brick your device) so i doubt that it is possible to downgrade.

The only thing you can do is to send a report to honor about this problem and wait untill they fix it.

Why are you rude? He just asked a question.

Reactions: dimitrakhs1

NekoMichi

Jun 15, 2014
You can probably roll back to Android 9 via USB OTG firmware install, however this will trigger a factory reset and erase all of your data from the device.

Just updated to android 10 and the front facing is huge because the pixels around it are black making it extremely noticeable now. Is there any way to fix this? Also before updating I saw it said I could roll back easily but it seems there is nothing to let me do that in settings... I really hope somebody can help :good:

<root>
<component name="TCPU" version="PCT-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.235"/>
<default-language name="en-us">1033</default-language>
<cleardata-flag>False</cleardata-flag>
<romsurvey-flag>False</romsurvey-flag>
<notify-level>40</notify-level>
<point-version>False</point-version>
<language name="en-us" code="1033">
<features module="" type="header">
<feature>
This update will roll back your phone's operating system to Android 9.0 (EMUI 9.1).
</feature>
</features>
<features module="Rollback notes:" type="end">
<feature>
1. Please make sure you are currently using the official version of Huawei EMUI, and that no unofficial updates have been installed. Otherwise, there will be risk of an unsuccessful rollback, and an unknown error may occur. 2. Make sure that the current version has not been unlocked or rooted. 3. All user data will be deleted in the rollback. Use an SD card, computer, or Cloud storage to back up all important data before rolling back your phone, and make sure all backed up content is complete and effective. 4. Make sure your phone has more than 50% battery remaining. 5. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance. 6. The system will restart after the rollback. This will take about 10 minutes.
</feature>
</features>
</language>
</root>
HTML:
http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G4552/g1755/v316206/f1/full/update_full_base.zip

But it looks like file is offline at the moment

Reactions: NootCO

Hamza5682

Feb 7, 2019
Honor View20
Xiaomi Mi 11
I'm confused how you got it because the beta stopped ages ago and no one in the UK received it

looneylv

Aug 16, 2011
Riga. Latvia

Friend im not rude. But it is BETA participation software, on which you will get bugs, mishaps and apps that wont work because of incompatibilities. When you participate in this program YOU as a good Samaritan-for free, catch all of these problems, submit errors to manufacturer so they can acknowledge, fix and make final/stable version to roll out worldwide.

If you are not ready, to actively participate in the program- living with bugs and catching them. WHY JOIN THE PROGRAM?!??
:confused: 'Just because' you can get newer android on the device 'faster' than everyone else? And then cry in xda about bugs and asking how to revert back... Please............ :confused:

Im not picking on topics author, nor other authors that flooded this forum with cry for help after living on beta software realizing that the beta is buggy as a daily driver. Im asking for simple basic knowledge. That it is beta stage software with bugs that you are agreeing to submitting when you catch them and living with them untill huawei fixes them.

:rolleyes: Flooding XDA - community based 3rd party forums, that isn't connected to huawei nor any other manufacturer, and asking here about beta software problems, does no one nothing good. It only supports the theory on how clueless a person was when joined the beta program and didn't read the disclaimer on what he/she accepted when taking part.

I'm confused how you got it because the beta stopped ages ago and no one in the UK received it

As far as I know info from huawei that there was some sort of problem when it was rolling out for UK region, dont know if it is true, but huawei stated this. (Mby because of brexit, all the legal stuff or something.)
Thats why uk users couldnt join the program when the beta registration was open.

Last edited:

dlhak

May 9, 2016
Oran
www.moeiz.com
Friend im not rude. But it is BETA participation software, on which you will get bugs, mishaps and apps that wont work because of incompatibilities. When you participate in this program YOU as a good Samaritan-for free, catch all of these problems, submit errors to manufacturer so they can acknowledge, fix and make final/stable version to roll out worldwide.

If you are not ready, to actively participate in the program- living with bugs and catching them. WHY JOIN THE PROGRAM?!??
:confused: 'Just because' you can get newer android on the device 'faster' than everyone else? And then cry in xda about bugs and asking how to revert back... Please............ :confused:

Im not picking on topics author, nor other authors that flooded this forum with cry for help after living on beta software realizing that the beta is buggy as a daily driver. Im asking for simple basic knowledge. That it is beta stage softwarewith bugs that you are agreeing to submitting when you catch them and living with them untill huawei fixes them.

:rolleyes: Flooding XDA - community based 3rd party forums, that isn't connected to huawei nor any other manufacturer, and asking here about beta software problems, does no one nothing good. It only supports the theory on how clueless a person was when joined the beta program and didn't read the disclaimer on what he/she accepted when taking part.

As far as I know info from huawei that there was some sort of problem when it was rolling out for UK region, dont know if it is true, but huawei stated this. (Mby because of brexit, all the legal stuff or something.)
Thats why uk users couldnt join the program when the beta registration was open.
The guy asked nicely for help, XDA forums are there to help people connect, share and help each other. You came and mocked him, and turned this thread into a fight. Shame on you.

fabv

Jan 23, 2010
Mise à jour

Reçu aujourd'hui

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111_194738_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111_194738_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 186

NootCO

Aug 6, 2019
Sorry mate but I dont know why I said "really" which made it sound like I was desperate to roll back. But I was just commenting on the issue with the front facing camera and how it said you will be able to roll back but you actually couldn't "easily". Hardly crying imo, I reported the bug on the beta app and brought it up on here wanting to know if someone had a fix and then you come here and completely overeact. Grow up.

dimitrakhs1

Apr 21, 2013
The only solution i can think is that you connect your phone to pc/laptop to the Huawei desktop app(HWsuite) and if it prompts you for update, all is well, otherwise you chose other version and it prompts you to stock, so you follow procedures. If you don't own pc, go to store where you bought it to sent you to official service and they will help you for free, no worries

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

<root>
    <component name="TCPU" version="PCT-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.235"/>
    <default-language name="en-us">1033</default-language>
    <cleardata-flag>False</cleardata-flag>
    <romsurvey-flag>False</romsurvey-flag>
    <notify-level>40</notify-level>
    <point-version>False</point-version>
    <language name="en-us" code="1033">
    <features module="" type="header">
    <feature>
    This update will roll back your phone's operating system to Android 9.0 (EMUI 9.1).
    </feature>
    </features>
    <features module="Rollback notes:" type="end">
    <feature>
    1. Please make sure you are currently using the official version of Huawei EMUI, and that no unofficial updates have been installed. Otherwise, there will be risk of an unsuccessful rollback, and an unknown error may occur. 2. Make sure that the current version has not been unlocked or rooted. 3. All user data will be deleted in the rollback. Use an SD card, computer, or Cloud storage to back up all important data before rolling back your phone, and make sure all backed up content is complete and effective. 4. Make sure your phone has more than 50% battery remaining. 5. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance. 6. The system will restart after the rollback. This will take about 10 minutes.
    </feature>
    </features>
    </language>
    </root>
    HTML:
    http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G4552/g1755/v316206/f1/full/update_full_base.zip

But it looks like file is offline at the moment