[MOD] Zipalign Any ROM at Boot - Flash This CWM

Search This thread

jfl0wers

Jul 25, 2010
I put took an init.d script from the Darky ROM and included it in this CWM update along with the zipalign tool. The script will run at boot and zipalign all apps, both system and user. As always I am not responsible for any bad stuff that might happen as a result of flashing this update...you know the drill, so please have a nandroid restore available in case something goes wrong.

Attachments

• Init-Speed-091711.zip
    559.8 KB · Views: 9,102
Last edited:

jfl0wers

Jul 25, 2010
What is the benefit of doing this every boot up?

It is smart and will not re-zipalign, it tracks what has been already been zipaligned. If you install new apps it will make sure they too are zipaligned. Any time you want to make sure that everything, even updated apps are zipaligned you can delete /data/zipalign.db and it will recheck everything. That file is where it tracks what has already been zipaligned.

StarBust uses this same script if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:

rainby

Feb 9, 2011
thanks for this mod. on a oc 1.4 rom, score was 2600, now 2900, hope it is not my fantancy... hehe.

Sent from my SHW-M110S using XDA App

FillTheVoid

Mar 10, 2011
This is great thank you. I imagine devs will begin to build this into thier ROM's shortly.

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
I just applied it on my 7500. It's a flashable cwm file as stated in op.

Just flash it from recovery that is.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
Is there a way to check if the zipalign worked? I cant find the db in /data
Has it not worked then?

/qsec

Edit. I have forgotten to install busybox. Works fine now.

Last edited:

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
U mean enter CWM and go to Flash update, then select above .zip folder and that's all?

I just don't want to ruin my tablet...

Yes i just did that.
But do a backup first.

But I'm not sure if it worked or not. Wait a bit until someone answers my question here above if you are worried.

/qsec

Edit: i had no busybox installed, when i installed it it all worked just fine.

Last edited:

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
U mean enter CWM and go to Flash update, then select above .zip folder and that's all?

Install busybox from market first. I installed Busybox installer by JRummy16. The one from Stephen did not work on my device?

Flash the zip from cwm and then reboot. Check in /data if you have zipalign.db and zialign.log then the script has run.

Note that if you are running a custom rom it's probably already zipalign.

/qsec

jfl0wers

Jul 25, 2010
take a look at the zipalign log in /data lets see if there was sole sort of error in the script execution

qsec

Apr 5, 2010
Can i run this on already zipaligned rom to align my downloaded apps?
Or does it break something on a already zipalign rom?

Or is it bad in some other way?

jfl0wers

Jul 25, 2010
I'm using Task's Rom. after flashed your script, my status bar is gone

I will take a look at his ROM. I suspect that he has init.d support implemented differently than I did and that this is causing the init.d scripts to be run twice. What files do you see in /system/etc/init.d?

Update: So I checked his ROM...this is already part of his ROM, so no need to flash this MOD on top of Task's ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I put took an init.d script from the Darky ROM and included it in this CWM update along with the zipalign tool. The script will run at boot and zipalign all apps, both system and user. As always I am not responsible for any bad stuff that might happen as a result of flashing this update...you know the drill, so please have a nandroid restore available in case something goes wrong.
    I just applied it on my 7500. It's a flashable cwm file as stated in op.

Just flash it from recovery that is.

will this script run on any roms? for example on an android 2.3.4 installed on the lg optimus one.

The script should...I assume you mean the script in the zip and not that flashing this to an optimistic. I would not flash this to another device.