[Q] S Beam Broke Video

Search This thread

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
My wife has a Sprint S4 that is totally stock, no root or anything, never has been. We took a video yesterday (stored on sd card) and we went to send it via S Beam to her mother today who has a stock, non-rooted S3 (Sprint too). They both had low battery; my wife's was around 3% and her mom's was around 10%. When I tried to make the transfer, it appeared successful, but the video on her mom's phone wouldn't work. I assumed there was too little battery to complete the transfer, so I figured we'd just email it from home. Now the video won't work on my wife's phone, or my computer. The file shows as being 0kb even though it shows a duration of one minute and fifty two seconds.

Is this a known issue, and is there any way to recover the file?

deron37129

It may just be the format was compatible since the 2 devices were of different generation test by saving the the video externally then copying it tonthe other devicel

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

As long as niether phine died during transfer the problem wouldn't be with sbeam

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
It may just be the format was compatible since the 2 devices were of different generation test by saving the the video externally then copying it tonthe other devicel

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

As long as niether phine died during transfer the problem wouldn't be with sbeam

I tried copying the file to my desktop and playing the file with VLC, which was unable to play it. The format on both phones shouldn't matter. Android (and Samsung) didn't stop supporting .mp4 files between versions of Android. The only thing I can come up with is that because the file was so large (228MB recorded in 1080p) that S Beam wasn't able to transfer it and subsequently corrupted the video.

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
I tried copying the file to my desktop and playing the file with VLC, which was unable to play it. The format on both phones shouldn't matter. Android (and Samsung) didn't stop supporting .mp4 files between versions of Android. The only thing I can come up with is that because the file was so large (228MB recorded in 1080p) that S Beam wasn't able to transfer it and subsequently corrupted the video.

S beam has no size limit because all it is is using WiFi direct to establish a connection and transferring it. S beam should not affect any files because all it does is send it should affect the original file. The problem might have been with the sdcard, was it a cheap sdcard? What's the capacity of the sdcard?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: VolcanicSkunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

S beam has no size limit because all it is is using WiFi direct to establish a connection and transferring it. S beam should not affect any files because all it does is send it should affect the original file. The problem might have been with the sdcard, was it a cheap sdcard? What's the capacity of the sdcard?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk