[Q] Automatically enable/disable 3g data connection on dual sim phone

Search This thread

megogliak

Dec 19, 2013
Hi,

principally to save battery charge, i need to find an application or a method that automatically shut down data connection when i lock the screen and resume it when i unlock the screen.

I've tried many of the most popular software that do this, but, with dual sim phone, they are able to shut down data connection but not to startup.

Please can you help me?
Thank you.
Bye

Hi,

principally to save battery charge, i need to find an application or a method that automatically shut down data connection when i lock the screen and resume it when i unlock the screen.

I've tried many of the most popular software that do this, but, with dual sim phone, they are able to shut down data connection but not to startup.

Please can you help me?
Thank you.
Bye

Have you tried Tasker?

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

prinsvlad

Apr 10, 2013
Almelo [ OV }
hnkotnis, I've never tried Tasker . Thank you for suggestions. I'll try it. Bye

This works for me with SIM in slot #1 : Install Xposed framework and gravitybox http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

Follow the instructions carefully to install Xposed and Gravitybox on your device.

Then go to Gravitybox settings > phone tweaks > Smart radio > turn ON > Normal network GSM/WCDMA Auto (2G/3G) > Power saving GSM (2G) > Network mode change delay 5s > When screen turns off : tick > delayed powersave 5m or higher [ 0 doen's t work for me ] >Ignore while locked NOT ticked.

Have tried many many apps but only this one works , dunno about battery time yet , still testing

joaormf

Jul 25, 2006
This works for me with SIM in slot #1 : Install Xposed framework and gravitybox http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

Follow the instructions carefully to install Xposed and Gravitybox on your device.

Then go to Gravitybox settings > phone tweaks > Smart radio > turn ON > Normal network GSM/WCDMA Auto (2G/3G) > Power saving GSM (2G) > Network mode change delay 5s > When screen turns off : tick > delayed powersave 5m or higher [ 0 doen's t work for me ] >Ignore while locked NOT ticked.

Have tried many many apps but only this one works , dunno about battery time yet , still testing

I have developed a tasker plugin specific to dual sim phones with mediatek chips.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pt.joaormf.mtkcontrol

gienkollo

Jan 6, 2014
I cant get a demanded behavior on this with my 4g, my Network is running on 2600 MHz and i can't choose any option from Smart radio with it working properly, i get at most 3g Network on LTE (GSM) setting, on other two i have a E indicator, from settings(Android settings) it is working well i can switch between 2G->3G->4G am i miss something or it is just not possible to do at all for me?

joaormf

Jul 25, 2006
Veeery nice app! Any chance to make it work on lg d858hk too? Or...the other way arround...what can i do for you in order to let it happen? :)

Hi,

I can't promise on specific devices compatibility first and mainly because I don't have those devices to test.

And once more Google changed the things that make the dual sim work on Android 6. This means that I have to once again reverse engineer some of the code for a few dual sim phones (few phones use stock Android features to manage dual sim - in fact they were almost non existent until 5.1), and to do that I need reliable source code for the ROM.

This to explain that the backlog of versions that I have to bring support to is increasing more rapidly than I would imagine a year ago. And with more and more dual sim phones being lunched it will get worst :(

Sorry for the issue.
Thanks

Reactions: silencer1979

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Veeery nice app! Any chance to make it work on lg d858hk too? Or...the other way arround...what can i do for you in order to let it happen? :)

Hi,

I can't promise on specific devices compatibility first and mainly because I don't have those devices to test.

And once more Google changed the things that make the dual sim work on Android 6. This means that I have to once again reverse engineer some of the code for a few dual sim phones (few phones use stock Android features to manage dual sim - in fact they were almost non existent until 5.1), and to do that I need reliable source code for the ROM.

This to explain that the backlog of versions that I have to bring support to is increasing more rapidly than I would imagine a year ago. And with more and more dual sim phones being lunched it will get worst :(

Sorry for the issue.
    Thanks