[ROOT] Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)

Search This thread

tjeerdo112

May 31, 2013
Hi guys,

Rooting this device is just unfairly easy. What you have to do is download the update.zip for the galaxy pocket (see below) and place it into the root of you phone (I think thats somewhere at /mnt/sdcard (at my phone atleast)). Then put off your phone and boot into recovery mode (VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER). Click apply update from sdcard (navigate with volume, select with home button) and at the top there should be the update.zip . Just select it , press home and wait a little while. Press reboot and BOOOOOM youre rooted. You can check this by searching for the app Superuser between your installed apps.

(download update.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?oh8h3aob7mja9mk )

Hit thanks rather than typing it :)

Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
i put the update.zip in my sdcard, however when i try choose external card says "the sdcard its not available (or mounted)" so i did adb sideload update.zip but i get signature error
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
so any advice? thanks

ConnorJayEglese

Dec 16, 2014
With this method, do you still need to put the device into usb debugging mode before you power down, and reboot into download mode?

Noxialis

Apr 24, 2013
Good day guys.

I need help in rooting this phone.
I've been trying to do that three-button combo to get in to recovery, but every time I do, the phone just boots straight to Android.

Is there any other way to get to the recovery menu?
By the way, the Vol_Down button is damaged, it cannot be used.

Neophytez

Sep 28, 2014
Ljubljana
After rooting phone vibrates randomly (one 1 sec vibration followed by 2 shorter vibrations). Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Rooting this device is just unfairly easy. What you have to do is download the update.zip for the galaxy pocket (see below) and place it into the root of you phone (I think thats somewhere at /mnt/sdcard (at my phone atleast)). Then put off your phone and boot into recovery mode (VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER). Click apply update from sdcard (navigate with volume, select with home button) and at the top there should be the update.zip . Just select it , press home and wait a little while. Press reboot and BOOOOOM youre rooted. You can check this by searching for the app Superuser between your installed apps.

(download update.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?oh8h3aob7mja9mk )

Hit thanks rather than typing it :)

Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks alot for this!

Hit thanks instead of typing it!
    i put the update.zip in my sdcard, however when i try choose external card says "the sdcard its not available (or mounted)" so i did adb sideload update.zip but i get signature error
    so any advice? thanks
    Thanks alot for this!
    so any advice? thanks

try using cwmrecovery :)