Need help finding a full-duplex bluetooth dongle for use with S4

Search This thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm probalby using the wrong words to google it? But I want a Bluetooth adapter that is capable of both 'receive' and 'transmit' at the same time. Or full-duplex.
I'd prefer it be an APT-X, but anything small with good battery life will do.

Why? Well, for a DIY project where I'll be using something like what you see in the pic below, to listen to my phone and make calls.

headset.jpg

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
That's true but from what I understand, if your headphones have a Mike, it will use that instead.

The HS3000 would be perfect if it did this. But I have googled for the last ten minutes and haven't found anything that suggests it lets you use an external mic. Do you remember where you saw this info?:good:

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Found one. And it took several hours of searching to locate this. So I'll post it up here in case anyone in the future needs something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B009E7R7GU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

HTC BH S600 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

The built-in microphone is in the headset CABLES, rather than in the dongle itself.
So if you remove the headset and plug a different headset into the dongle, then the new headsets mic gets used. :good:

The only problem is these are not super easy to find in the USA unless you want to spend more than they are worth.

Attachments

• htc.jpg
    htc.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 400

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Found one. And it took several hours of searching to locate this. So I'll post it up here in case anyone in the future needs something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B009E7R7GU/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

HTC BH S600 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

The built-in microphone is in the headset CABLES, rather than in the dongle itself.
So if you remove the headset and plug a different headset into the dongle, then the new headsets mic gets used. :good:

The only problem is these are not super easy to find in the USA unless you want to spend more than they are worth.

So if i am understanding this correctly, you can unplug those headphones and plug in another set and now that set is bluetooth?

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
So if i am understanding this correctly, you can unplug those headphones and plug in another set and now that set is bluetooth?

Technically, neither of the headphones are bluetooth. They are both corded.
What's bluetooth is what the headphones are plugging into. The tiny box.
So you can use any headphones in the world with this Bluetooth box. As long as they have a 3.5mm plug.
Impedance performance may vary of course. :D

Reactions: elesbb

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
So you can use any headphones in the world with this Bluetooth box. As long as they have a 3.5mm plug.

That's probably the coolest thing in the world. :eek: I think I might be getting one! Bluetooth Sennheiser IE8s? HELL YES! :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
That's probably the coolest thing in the world. :eek: I think I might be getting one! Bluetooth Sennheiser IE8s? HELL YES! :D

If those don't have a built-in microphone, then I would probably go with something different. The Samsung HS3000 has microphone built into the box and is an excellent choice for high efficiency headphones. Otherwise, it may not put out as much power as other alternatives.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711299

It's the same deal. You can use the Samsung with just about any wired headset on the planet that has 3.5mm jack.

skerkvli

Mar 26, 2014
Full Duplex Bluetooth

I'm probalby using the wrong words to google it? But I want a Bluetooth adapter that is capable of both 'receive' and 'transmit' at the same time. Or full-duplex.
I'd prefer it be an APT-X, but anything small with good battery life will do.

Why? Well, for a DIY project where I'll be using something like what you see in the pic below, to listen to my phone and make calls.

Have you found a solution for this? I have been looking for some time for a similar DIY project. I have found one product from overseas and one in the US. The product overseas is about $270 with shipping and because it is overseas they won't accept returns. The one in the US has a PTT (Push to Talk) button that I would have to try and get around it.

I also found a device that allow you to either transmit or receive but that only gives you a simplex transmission from a headset. You can either talk to the person or listen to them, not both. I have a MultiPoint headset but that requires which device you want to be paired with.

If you already found something, I would love to hear about it.

WrongbuttonTO

Jan 26, 2015
I have a similar question.

I need a Bluetooth adapter (transceiver?) that supports simultaneous use of mono earphone and microphone. This is surprisingly difficult to find.

It doesn't matter if the earphone and microphone are on the same line. It would be cool if each had a separate 3.5 mm jack, but I think such a Bluetooth adapter does not exist.

As CZ Eddie indicated, there are units with the microphone built into the adapter itself, but I would like to keep the adapter discreet (e.g. not clipped to my shirt). Hence the need for a separate mic line.

The closest I've found is the Blue-Wi Nighthawk (bluewicomm.com/nighthawk-microphone-combo-system). The primary mic is on the unit itself, but an external mic can be added through the 3.5 jack as part of their "Connect & Go" system (bluewicomm.com/connect-go-accessories). What's not clear to me is if that jack can be used simultaneously for both earphone and mic.

PrymeBlu (pryme.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2323) looks like a very similar system to Nighthawk.

I'm really surprised this is so hard to find. It looks like 99% of wearable Bluetooth adapters are designed for output only.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

signupstuffid

Oct 16, 2010
Verizon via Pix Wireless MVNO
Yes, I know that his is an old thread, but I need exactly what the HTC BH S600 has. A way to use an external mic for a bluetooth headset. I want to use a directional mic of my choosing for my in car use of bluetooth headset.

I have looked for many hours now, and bought many devices, just to see if they have this function.

I have not seen anywhere that this device is sold anymore on the web.
If anyone finds another device with the same external mic function, please let us know.

Thanks

mjanek30

Jun 14, 2014
I'm looking for a simmilar device but on the other end of the bluetooth connection. I would like to connect bluetooth headphones with microphone to it and get wired input and output out of it. I'm looking for such a device for month now :( Please help.

MadMu5icJunky

Feb 6, 2017
So, I purchased the Pryme BTH-300, and lo and behold, it WORKS exactly this way. I was able to plug in an external headset with built-in microphone and it recognized and transmitted the audio for phone calls. Works with ModMic as well using a mic/headphone splitter to connect into a SINGLE 3.5mm port. Although I was ecstatic that this worked, the music that played through it was was very poor :(.
I'm in communication with the Nighthawk folks and will be giving their device a whirl. I also came across a Sony RM-X7BT that has an output and an input for an external microphone. Little concerned because one review stated that ever phone call he had, he had to unplug/plug the mic back in for it to recognize it. But, if you're looking simply for phone calls and mediocre/poor music playback performance is not critical for you, then the Pryme BTH-300 would fit the bill.

Ciantic

Jan 21, 2019
I've found "Bluetooth Audio Receiver with Microphone Input"

I've been looking for similar thing, this is old thread but this is pretty common part for all hands-free setups. One can't expect a good audio quality from that because the Bluetooth handsfree/headset profile is not super great.

The device is called "Bluetooth Audio Receiver with Microphone Input (Phone call)" TSA6015 and TSA6016

Without Apt-X: G57B532BBBD83B
With Apt-X: G5BFB502AEA717

it does not have fancy box, but it should work as is.

(I can't post links or images here because I just joined, but the TinyOsShop has nice schematic of the device with microphone and headphones plugged in)

Last edited:

DOG3

Sep 27, 2022
Just registered because I’m having the same problem. I’m blown away this is so difficult to find. Clearly it’s possible to have duplex communication with a dongle since they all seem to have a mic built in. Why I can’t use my own mic is a mystery to me. I’m looking at the TinySine option but it’s sold out everywhere but dedicated websites and I’m kinda sketched out about giving them my money. I’ll keep looking. The HTC isn’t available as far as I can tell and the pryme is too rich for my blood.

Application is me trying to get a Vietnam era helicopter helmet set up for Bluetooth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.