[Unlocked Only][Recovery] ROMRacer's Custom CWM-based Recovery 4.0.1.4

Search This thread

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
With a little modding, I was able to get ROMRacer's Atrix recovery console working on the Photon, I PM'd him letting him know the change that needs to be made for it to work, so if he post a thread over here, I will close this one.

So for the time being, here's a true CWM recovery console for the Photon.

I chose the blue version for this but I imagine that if ROMRacer makes a thread, he will post the other colors also.

And as the title states, THIS IS ONLY FOR UNLOCKED PHONES

Install instructions

Extract the zip, put the recovery.img in the same directory as adb and get the phone into fastboot mode the same way you did to unlock it

And type this
Code:
fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Attachments

• CWM-recovery-blue-photon_modded_by_Calkulin.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,068
Last edited:

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
With a little modding, I was able to get ROMRacer's Atrix recovery console working on the Photon, I PM'd him letting him know the change that needs to be made for it to work, so if he posted a thread over here, I will close this one.

I chose the blue version for this but I imagine that if ROMRacer makes a thread, he will post the other colors also.

Install instructions

Extract the zip, put the recovery.img in the same directory as adb and get the phone into the fastboot mode the same way you did to unlock it

And type this
Code:
fastboot erase recovery

you effin rock dood!!!

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Today is the best day for the Motorola Photon!

Thank you Mr. Calkulin! Its awesome seeing you over here @ the Photon deck! Welcome aboard my friend! The best of the best and he's right here folks! Am I excited? Uum ... yes I am!

Hold on while I do my happy dance...

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
Hey Calkulin I have been waiting for you to do an all-in-one(radio,wimax,pri,prl) for my EVO 3D. Glad to see you here too. Thanks you for your work.

anti-up

Aug 26, 2010
When I type "fastboot erase recovery" adb sits on <waiting for device> what am I forgetting? It's been a long night!

anti-up

Aug 26, 2010
then you're not unlocked...

when I type su I get the $ sign and a msg. to allow permissions then a msg. saying terminal emulator has been granted superuser permissions. I have the bootstrap recovery installed and created a backup already...I'm pretty sure I'm unlocked. I just cant get this recovery to install for some reason...UGH!!!!

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Being rooted and being unlockes are 2 different things
when I type su I get the $ sign and a msg. to allow permissions then a msg. saying terminal emulator has been granted superuser permissions. I have the bootstrap recovery installed and created a backup already...I'm pretty sure I'm unlocked. I just cant get this recovery to install for some reason...UGH!!!!

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With a little modding, I was able to get ROMRacer's Atrix recovery console working on the Photon, I PM'd him letting him know the change that needs to be made for it to work, so if he post a thread over here, I will close this one.

Install instructions

Extract the zip, put the recovery.img in the same directory as adb and get the phone into fastboot mode the same way you did to unlock it

And type this
    Code:
    fastboot erase recovery

With a little modding, I was able to get ROMRacer's Atrix recovery console working on the Photon, I PM'd him letting him know the change that needs to be made for it to work, so if he posted a thread over here, I will close this one.

Install instructions

Extract the zip, put the recovery.img in the same directory as adb and get the phone into the fastboot mode the same way you did to unlock it

And type this
    Code:
    fastboot erase recovery

you effin rock dood!!!
    When I type "fastboot erase recovery" adb sits on <waiting for device> what am I forgetting? It's been a long night!

make sure debugging is enabled then run the command fastboot devices to make sure fastboot is seeing yours
    Whats the key command to get to recovery?

-EDIT-
    Ah I see..
    Vol Down + Power...
    When you see "Fastboot"...
    hit Vol down a few more times until you see "Android Recovery"
    Then press Vol Up.

Remember.. we are mostly ex-HTC folks in here since this is sprint's first Moto.. so we need the full noob treatment
    Go to the market guys and download "quick reboot", you can reboot straight into recovery or a normal reboot or into bootloader, its awesome!