{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
I'll give this a go. I'm running ODJub HD Express for Thunderbolt (mish mash of sense 3.0 bases) and managed to mess up the power options menu text when I was doing my general theming. I'm pretty sure it happened when I did the first pass with UOT Kitchen, but I also ninja morphed some changes into both the SystemUI and Framework Res (only .png's though).

I'm guessing this is a .xml issue, but I'm not entirely sure where to go to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

shot_000001.png

What you're looking for is in framework-res.apk/res/values/strings. It looks like a line or 2 got deleted or moved causing your problem. What did you ninja morph? Do you have a backup from before you did it? Ninjamorph usually creates one. And lastly, what was it you were trying to theme in framework? I can probably guide you through a better way of doing it.

Edit.. Look on your sd card for Android themes folder, ninjamorph creates it. Inside the folder look in backups and your original should be there.

Last edited:

RedXXII

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
Can anyone help me create the music lock screen widget on a Samsung epic 4G touch D710? Also can it be used with any music app?

I also posted this in the E4GT theming section. Hope to see some themers stop in here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
extended settings for sense 2.1

Can anyone help?!
I've been looking through the threads for an extended settings mod for the status bar in sense 2.1 but I've had a hard time finding any. most are for 1.0 or 3.5 in my forages or else have resulted in dead link. Attempted flashing some which either resulted in boot-loops or the status bar disappearing from my home screen.
Maybe I haven't been looking deep enough, but if someone could guide me in the right direction I'd be most grateful

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Can anyone help?!
I've been looking through the threads for an extended settings mod for the status bar in sense 2.1 but I've had a hard time finding any. most are for 1.0 or 3.5 in my forages or else have resulted in dead link. Attempted flashing some which either resulted in boot-loops or the status bar disappearing from my home screen.
Maybe I haven't been looking deep enough, but if someone could guide me in the right direction I'd be most grateful

Try this link, has a tutorial on adding the mod yourself. Hope this helps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434993

Recognized " Bad Seed "

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Can anyone help me create the music lock screen widget on a Samsung epic 4G touch D710? Also can it be used with any music app?

I also posted this in the E4GT theming section. Hope to see some themers stop in here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What music widget? And what Lockscreen are you using? If you use widget locker there are a lot of options, ie; Phantom music controls.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.

Assuming you are using deodexed .jar files, it's the same as .apks.

Edit: what are you using to decompile/recompile?

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Thanks. I'll see if I can implement this.
Another ask. Is there a guide for decompiling and compiling .jar files? Is it the same as .apks? I want to remove the gps reticle and I tried using SteelH's method, but I'm having trouble recompiling the file afterwards.

There are both apktool and apkmanager how tos in the OP, look through some of the tutorial listings and you'll find what you need.

Reactions: Robobob1221

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Assuming you are using deodexed .jar files, it's the same as .apks.

Edit: what are you using to decompile/recompile?

I had been using apk multi tool but I was having issues getting the file to recompile. I switched to a method using the old apk tool from another forum and this has worked ok so far.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I've decompiled the services.jar but it gives and error Can't find resources.arsc file. When I look for the status folder mentioned in SteelH's how to it's not there. I dunno what I am missing. Do I need any other file to be decompiled in the same folder? I've got the SystemUI, framework-res, and htc.resources apks in the same folder all decompiled as well.

Also, yes I've deodexed the file.

Last edited:

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
I had been using apk multi tool but I was having issues getting the file to recompile. I switched to a method using the old apk tool from another forum and this has worked ok so far.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I've decompiled the services.jar but it gives and error Can't find resources.arsc file. When I look for the status folder mentioned in SteelH's how to it's not there. I dunno what I am missing. Do I need any other file to be decompiled in the same folder? I've got the SystemUI, framework-res, and htc.resources apks in the same folder all decompiled as well.

If you're using apktool from the command line, you should load the resource apks so that apktool users then when decompiling the apks. This is different from having them decompiled. I'm a Samsung guy, so I'm not really familiar with the HTC files you need, but from the command line, type:
apktool if SystemUI.apk
do this for framework-res.apk and I'm guessing the htc.resources file, too.

You might want to make sure you're using the most recent aapt.exe, apktool.jar, and apktool.jar.

EDIT: Here is a zip with the most current (to my knowledge, at least) files. They should work with any Android version (again, to my knowledge).

EDIT 2: And this is a really good informational video from Nunhugger about using apktool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLQynXg8noM

Attachments

• APKtool_ICS.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the info.

I use apkmanager and this may be a "dirty" way to do jars but works for me. Rename the jar extension to apk (I use 7zip for that) then decomp, option 9, no dependant needed afaik. Then mod your smali, recompile, say yes and yes to system app, then delete classes dex from the "keep" folder, back to script hit enter. Then rename extension back to jar.

Reactions: Robobob1221

RedXXII

Feb 10, 2011
Chicago
What music widget? And what Lockscreen are you using? If you use widget locker there are a lot of options, ie; Phantom music controls.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am using the stock lockscreen. I'd also like to see if I can mod it a little bit by way of color etc. Any ideas?

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
I use apkmanager and this may be a "dirty" way to do jars but works for me. Rename the jar extension to apk (I use 7zip for that) then decomp, option 9, no dependant needed afaik. Then mod your smali, recompile, say yes and yes to system app, then delete classes dex from the "keep" folder, back to script hit enter. Then rename extension back to jar.

The file I was looking for I found in my SystemUI.
I'm wondering if the Japanese KDDI au version of sense has been heavily modified from the Sprint version. A lot of the values in the script appear to be different. Some are on different lines and v-number for the gps icon were different. For instance the stock status bar doesn't have a permanent gps reticle.

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I am using the stock lockscreen. I'd also like to see if I can mod it a little bit by way of color etc. Any ideas?

Ok, I'm a little confused. LOL! You have several devices in your sig and you were asking about the Epic 4g lockscreen. Is that what you're wanting to mod? If so I'm not familiar with it, but if you show me a pic I could figure it out. EDIT......If it's stock Android sliders, they're in framework-res.apk/drawable-hdpi. And yes they can be modded several different ways but you'll have to be good at patching .9 pngs because those can be a little tricky. I'll post a pick in a min with an example. This is a mod I did on my OG EVO a while back.
88c7e4d34254b8703c33c8f04ef12c145fa2d07d114c372e002b457e91cb92a85g.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts