[APP][2.1+] Smart Launcher

Search This thread

GinLemon

Aug 19, 2012
Smart Launcher
12751_275560232546815_702873294_n.png

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There were other threads on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Smart Launcher is an innovative launcher characterized by a minimalist design, low memory usage and an user-friendly UI that let you start any application with a few taps.
It is currently the only launcher on the store to features automatic cataloging of installed apps!

The developing team is composed by just me, so please be patient if sometimes i'm late with the updates.

Version 1.2.8 (current)
You can download it from the Google Play Store.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree (copy and paste)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerpro (copy and paste)

Here the beta tester community on Google Plus
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114803489211052363907

Thank you

Last edited:

zeratos

Oct 12, 2012
Smart Launcher

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There was others thread on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Smart Launcher is an innovative launcher characterized by a minimalist design, low memory usage and an user-friendly UI that let you start any application with a few taps.
It is currently the only launcher on the store to features automatic cataloging of installed apps!

The developing team is composed by just me, so please be patient if sometimes i'm late with the updates.

The current version is 0.10.31 and you can download it from the Google Play Store.

I'm working on a new version that bring new clock styles, new bubbles style and a strong code optimization in the drawer. There is a bug that cause the launcher to crash on drawer on some devices and I'm trying to understand why this happens. If you'd like to try the new version you can download and install this package. Let me know if any error occurs.
ginlemonblog.com/dev/ginlemon.flowerfree.0.11.22.apk (copy and paste)

Thank you
tested the new version on my optimus one p500, no force closes so far

2am

Nov 12, 2012
what's the difference between the free and pro version...also testing it right now

fcb13

Nov 10, 2010
Im using the pro version, im loving it! Can we request features? If so id like to request these:

- Option to add widgets on homescreen
- Option to change app drawer icon
- Add folders in app drawer
- Different clock styles

zeratos

Oct 12, 2012
nvm, I got a force close when I tried to add an app to another category and now apps don't appear on the app drawer and I mean no apps appear on the app drawer.

Reactions: GinLemon

GinLemon

Aug 19, 2012
what's the difference between the free and pro version...also testing it right now

Pro version has widget support and more colors for the bubbles background. (and it help me with the development!)

Im using the pro version, im loving it! Can we request features? If so id like to request these:

a) Option to add widgets on homescreen
b) Option to change app drawer icon
c) Add folders in app drawer
d) Different clock styles

a) It's a features i'd like to add in future.
b) Drawer icons are already themable, categories icons no at the moment.
c) Sorry, I don't think to add this feature in future.
d) I'm working on it.

nvm, I got a force close when I tried to add an app to another category and now apps don't appear on the app drawer and I mean no apps appear on the app drawer.

What device are you using?

Last edited:

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
I really do like this launcher. I purchased the pro edition. My two complaints-
1. Can't resize widgets
2. I'd like to be able to add sections/pages/categories. For example, I'd really like to have a favorites category.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

GinLemon

Aug 19, 2012
1. Can't resize widgets
2. I'd like to be able to add sections/pages/categories. For example, I'd really like to have a favorites category.

1. I hope to manage to add this feature asap;
2. It's not so easy. If the original set of categories change, the auto-catalogation will stop working. I'm searching for a solution...

imjustafq

Nov 4, 2012
Ipoh
my words are. just keep the launcher simple and lagg free.. dont bloat it too much. just keep the basic functions... testing it right now.. =)

Reactions: GinLemon

zeratos

Oct 12, 2012
Pro version has widget support and more colors for the bubbles background. (and it help me with the development!)

d) I'm working on it.

I'm using an LG optimus one, it seems the only way to fix the problem to uninstall and install the launcher again.

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
Are you still developing this app? I just found it last night and love it. I have one problem... Running sense based ROM and when I try to use this launcher it removes my gallery from my camera app. Any idea how to fix it?

Mr Sliff

Mar 31, 2012
This is a cool launcher. A couple of things I would suggest is to remember where you were in the drawer when you open it instead of always starting with the phone. Another thing is when you you launch an app from the home screen it doesnt go to where you left the app it goes to the start page.

slovenedisco

May 10, 2013
Just started using this launcher from Trebuchet, fast and simple.....loving it!!! Keep up the excellent work and keep it simple!

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
This launcher is really awesome, I don't know if it is caching or just optimization, but opening it after almost every app ( 512 mb RAM aren't so much if you use CM and lastest GApps... ) and finding it already ready is fantastic!

The only thing I'd like is a category-free old-fashion drawer. I really like the JB default one, with horizontal paginating and effects, and having it would be the best for me. I find really difficult to use categories, I like to swype between pages of apps and find them all. With even this choosable, my Home would be perfect and fast!

goatman101

Jan 8, 2012
I am really liking the appearance and function of this launcher as well. I can not figure out how to add an XDA APP shortcut on the screen though. It just allows me to select the XDA APP from within the launcher but that one does not have my preferred forum start page saved, if you know what I mean. I have a galaxy S3 from verizon so that is the forum I would like to go to when I select the XDA APP. However, becuase it links from the App drawer and not a shortcut, I have to manually search for the verizon galaxy S3 everytime.
Am I missing something?

Papros

May 27, 2013
This is my favorite launcher. Im using pro and I love it.

*Gingerbread clock style is not enough in turkish language. Some of day names is not looking correct.

thedukereturns

Mar 27, 2013
iconback, iconupon support ?

Smart Launcher

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There was others thread on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Version 1.2.8 (current)
Thank you

Hi GinLemon

I am currently developing themes with multi launcher support. I was wondering if smart launcher supports or could support the feature of iconback, iconupon and iconmask. This would mean that icons we don't or haven't themed would still have a resemblance to the rest of the icons making the launcher/theme much more uniform.
I am testing this launcher on my no name $60 tablet this was bought as a worst case scenario device and it is working very well, I think I might keep it on here. Below are the specs of the device if it helps.

SOC
Name: Allwinner A13 @ 1.2Ghz
CPU Architecture: Cortex-A8
Cores: 1
GPU: Mali-400MP
RAM: 353Mb

System
Android Version: 4.0.4
Kernel: 3.0.8

Cheers

Christian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smart Launcher

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There were other threads on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Version 1.2.8 (current)

Here the beta tester community on Google Plus
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114803489211052363907

Thank you

a) Option to add widgets on homescreen
    b) Option to change app drawer icon
    c) Add folders in app drawer
    d) Different clock styles

d) I'm working on it.

1. Can't resize widgets

1. Can't resize widgets

1. I hope to manage to add this feature asap;
    2. It's not so easy. If the original set of categories change, the auto-catalogation will stop working. I'm searching for a solution...