Battery taking a nose dive since 4.4.2?

Search This thread

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
Not sure whats going on but the battery on my Note 3 is horrible since the update. I fully charge it and 1 hr later (not even using it) I've lost 5-10%. It barely last the whole day now. I've even wiped the device and it continues to happen. Doing a quick test right now, fully charged its been off the battery for 20 mins and I'm showing 27% usage on the Android System, 10% on the Android OS and 15% of the screen and its down to 97% already.

Any ideas?

asilva54

Jun 3, 2013
Austin
Not sure whats going on but the battery on my Note 3 is horrible since the update. I fully charge it and 1 hr later (not even using it) I've lost 5-10%. It barely last the whole day now. I've even wiped the device and it continues to happen. Doing a quick test right now, fully charged its been off the battery for 20 mins and I'm showing 27% usage on the Android System, 10% on the Android OS and 15% of the screen and its down to 97% already.

Any ideas?

things to try: (no this isnt a 'disable anything useful like email and google plus' post :) )

1. camera - there is some well documented issue, if you open the camera app, there is some kind of battery drain going on. google it, there is tons of reading material for it. temp fix is reset.
2. I have noticed google now makes my battery life do what yours does, drop 10% easy in an hour of it being completely idle. open the app, disable google now, and then see what is going on. i hate disabling anything but its worked for me.

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
things to try: (no this isnt a 'disable anything useful like email and google plus' post :) )

1. camera - there is some well documented issue, if you open the camera app, there is some kind of battery drain going on. google it, there is tons of reading material for it. temp fix is reset.
2. I have noticed google now makes my battery life do what yours does, drop 10% easy in an hour of it being completely idle. open the app, disable google now, and then see what is going on. i hate disabling anything but its worked for me.

Thanks after a second reset it seems much better. Maybe it was one of my Apps? For now I'll just install them 1 at a time.

aquaholik

Oct 28, 2011

Any ideas?

Same thing happened to mine. Went to bed at 95%, killed all apps, empty ram, turn off data but left wifi on. Woke up 8 hours later and it was down to 17%. Unprecedented 10% hour drain. Usuallly it drains 3 -5 percent overnight. Same thing happened to wife's phone and she is on Sprint but she left wifi and data on. Uninstalled Google camera and Skype and notice it went away. Testing it again tonight.

Edit: Test it again last night. 4% drop in 8 hours. Woke up to 96% this morning. Hopefully that fixed the problem.

Update: Went to bed at 11:30 at 68% and woke up 7 hours later and battery is still showing 68%! Surf the web for 5 minutes before battery drop to 67%. Amazing standby battery drain. I had turn off wifi, bluetooth, and data before going to bed and killed all the apps. Usually this will cause a .5%/hour drain but it barely drain .5% in 7 hours this time!

Last edited: