[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
downloading.....
can we ask you for special version with Sense 2.5? I didn't find cab file:(

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Hey all,

As part of my new commitment to keep you guys fully updated, I've released a mid-ROM update for my latest 23547 ROM. I've called it Service Pack 1 and it can be found in the first post as an attachment. You can also find details of what the update does in the first post. :)

Since there is reported to be no new changes in the 23549 build of WM 6.5.5, I haven't released a completely new ROM. I've chosen to upload a mid-ROM upgrade to keep it nice and easy for you guys so you don't have to flash an entirely new ROM to get my latest and greatest. Go check it out!

Cheers,
Tim :D

Good morning Sir,
I'm a big fans of Your creation, and got flashed latest build, i like stock ROM much, and Your ROM was the best of all, and i also love nokia fonts by Bill Hodgins, in previos build (the 1st dan 2nd) i capable to replace by installing cab file, but on this latest build, every fonts changed except for main menu fonts, is there any way i can replace them all? By registry hack maybe.

Thanks

Xue v.2

Sep 23, 2007
@erwinpiero: hello fellow Indonesian :)

@Tim:
Hello, first of all, I should thank you for this great ROM. I got my phone for 2 days without charging now. While before, on Captain T-Back's and NRG's, they drain my battery out for nearly 3/4 day,,,

the thing is, after moving from NRG to yours, I do miss the cosmetics. I could recover some cosmetics via the forum, but one thing I can't change: the 3 rows start menu. I found a 4 row start menu cab on xda-dev, but it changes nothing. And for me, 3 rows icons are too big, it hurts my eyes :p
so, any way to change the start menu?

thx in advance,

edit:
I found something strange, whenever I plug my phone to PC usb slot, it always display video out option... weird, I can't access the storage card out of my phone on my PC,,, known issue or is it just me?
any work around for this?

Last edited:

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Good morning Sir,
I'm a big fans of Your creation, and got flashed latest build, i like stock ROM much, and Your ROM was the best of all, and i also love nokia fonts by Bill Hodgins, in previos build (the 1st dan 2nd) i capable to replace by installing cab file, but on this latest build, every fonts changed except for main menu fonts, is there any way i can replace them all? By registry hack maybe.

Thanks

Hi there,

I've made you a custom cab file called "Erwinpiero Original Fonts.cab" attached to this post. This should make fonts the same as previous Timolol ROMs. Enjoy! :)

However, the new larger font found in my latest ROM is actually an official HTC upgrade, not just something I decided to do. I actually prefer the large font, although each to their own :)

Hello, first of all, I should thank you for this great ROM. I got my phone for 2 days without charging now. While before, on Captain T-Back's and NRG's, they drain my battery out for nearly 3/4 day,,,

the thing is, after moving from NRG to yours, I do miss the cosmetics. I could recover some cosmetics via the forum, but one thing I can't change: the 3 rows start menu. I found a 4 row start menu cab on xda-dev, but it changes nothing. And for me, 3 rows icons are too big, it hurts my eyes :p
so, any way to change the start menu?

thx in advance,

edit:
I found something strange, whenever I plug my phone to PC usb slot, it always display video out option... weird, I can't access the storage card out of my phone on my PC,,, known issue or is it just me?
any work around for this?

Hey there,

I've made you a custom cab with the changes you desire - it is called "Xue 4 Row Start Menu.cab" and is attached to this post. In portrait the start menu is now 4 icons wide, whereas in landscape it is 5 icons wide. Enjoy!

As for your USB issue, this is most likely to be a problem with your computer rather than the ROM. The USB popup recognition on my ROM has not ever been changed and works perfectly fine here.

:)

Hi there,

I've made you a custom cab file called "Erwinpiero Original Fonts.cab" attached to this post. This should make fonts the same as previous Timolol ROMs. Enjoy! :)

However, the new larger font found in my latest ROM is actually an official HTC upgrade, not just something I decided to do. I actually prefer the large font, although each to their own :)

Hey there,

I've made you a custom cab with the changes you desire - it is called "Xue 4 Row Start Menu.cab" and is attached to this post. In portrait the start menu is now 4 icons wide, whereas in landscape it is 5 icons wide. Enjoy!

As for your USB issue, this is most likely to be a problem with your computer rather than the ROM. The USB popup recognition on my ROM has not ever been changed and works perfectly fine here.

What a honour Sir, big thanks for this and Your great ROM.

Xue v.2

Sep 23, 2007
Hi there,

Thx for the cab, will try it soon as I have my card reader with me.

Ok this is weird, I tried 3 computers. all of 'em using Win XP. ok 1st, I tried to my home PC, TP prompted me the video out option. Then I tried my hp mini laptop, it detects the touch pro as external storage. Now, on my office PC, it can not detect the TP. Different PC different experiences? weird,,,

TobyGadd

Dec 15, 2008
Microsoft Voice Command?

Hi Timolol,

I'm giving your ROM a try, and so far it looks nice. But I really miss MSVC (Microsoft Voice Command).

Did you decide to exclude it because it doesn't work with your ROM, or to save space? If it does work, can you provide a cab (donation, maybe? ;) ).

Thanks!

Last edited:

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
Hi Timolol,

I'm giving your ROM a try, and so far it looks nice. But I really miss MSVC (Microsoft Voice Command).

Did you decide to exclude it because it doesn't work with your ROM, or to save space? If it does work, can you provide a cab (donation, maybe? ;) ).

Thanks!

Try the cab from pyrorob found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4860721&postcount=10596

p.s. The last part of the install launches the old MS help system...just end the help and the install will complete normally.

(I'm a former Timolol ROM user; Great ROMs, but presently using Energy for native Fuze support...USA AT&T)

HTH

TobyGadd

Dec 15, 2008
Try the cab from pyrorob found here:

p.s. The last part of the install launches the old MS help system...just end the help and the install will complete normally.

(I'm a former Timolol ROM user; Great ROMs, but presently using Energy for native Fuze support...USA AT&T)

HTH

Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

What "native Fuze support" are you missing with Timolol's ROM? I'm also using a Fuze on AT&T, and it seems to be working great--but now I'm curious what I'm missing!

TobyGadd

Dec 15, 2008
Home screen

Something else that I can't seem to figure out. I've searched through the forums, but I'm still stumped.

When I try to customize the home screen (by choosing which items I'd like to display, rather then simply selecting the "Microsoft Default"), the home screen reverts to the old-looking WM 6.1 look. Help?

Thanks!

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

What "native Fuze support" are you missing with Timolol's ROM? I'm also using a Fuze on AT&T, and it seems to be working great--but now I'm curious what I'm missing!

Nothing big (don't think you are missing anything). Actually like Captain-Throwback ROMS (but he is really busy ATM) and loved RRE ROMs when he was cooking for Raphaels...some of the stuff that's a pain to get working with the AT&T (Cingular) proxies. Even though I don't use them much, it's nice to have device.home, cingular video and (though it doesn't work well without stock ROM), AT&T Wifi support.

Reason for using Energy ATM is that he seems to push a build every two or three days. Fun and sometimes frustrating, but I am liking the latest Sense 2.5 with Cookie Monster Home page.

Don't want to take anything away from Timolol's ROMs, however! Always solid!!!

Drizo.

Oct 12, 2009
Hi Timotol,

First of all I'd like to thank you for putting so much effort on building this ROM! It makes the use of my Touch Pro so much more better.

This is as well one of the ROMS with the fewest bugs and hickups. Though I found one issue with the Windows Phone 6.5 standard dialer. (I have disabled the HTC dailer)

As I open the actual dailer, the Call History seems to be empty. However, when you press somewhere within the white field where the History should be, it starts calling the recent call.

The actual call history works as well.

I know this issue has been discussed a few times before, but I haven't found any solution to this issue yet. If a fix is available, an it be fixed by a .CAB file?

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Something else that I can't seem to figure out. I've searched through the forums, but I'm still stumped.

When I try to customize the home screen (by choosing which items I'd like to display, rather then simply selecting the "Microsoft Default"), the home screen reverts to the old-looking WM 6.1 look. Help?

Thanks!

Hi Toby! Customization of the WM6.5 style home screen is not possible by default (it is in fact a "home screen item" in itself). However, there is a freeware software called 'Home Screen Customizer' which is able to customize the WM6.5 homescreen for you. I think it's a great little piece of software, and I've attached it to this post for your convenience.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope it works out for you :)

Tim

Hi Timotol,

First of all I'd like to thank you for putting so much effort on building this ROM! It makes the use of my Touch Pro so much more better.

This is as well one of the ROMS with the fewest bugs and hickups. Though I found one issue with the Windows Phone 6.5 standard dialer. (I have disabled the HTC dailer)

As I open the actual dailer, the Call History seems to be empty. However, when you press somewhere within the white field where the History should be, it starts calling the recent call.

The actual call history works as well.

I know this issue has been discussed a few times before, but I haven't found any solution to this issue yet. If a fix is available, an it be fixed by a .CAB file?

Hey drizo! The instructions in the first post of this thread were slightly old and I've since moved them to the second post, where you can find a new CAB file to disable the HTC dialer properly (without breaking call history). Here's a link to the file: click me!

Let me know if it works out for you

Tim :)

Attachments

• HomeScreenCustomizer_v1_5.cab
    758.3 KB · Views: 24

Drizo.

Oct 12, 2009
Hi Timotol,

The fix provided by you works perfectly, the contacts are now showing up within the WM dialer. Thanks a million :D

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
timolol, your new rom works great! thank you for your great work:) I hope your internal tests goes well and someday we will get version with sense 2.5:)

gyllemand

Mar 13, 2010
Hi Tim

I finaly got to your ROM, now i dont have to throw my t7272, thx.
I have 1 problem, i have set the end key to lock the screen but it dos'nt work.

Thx for a great ROM

Top Liked Posts