[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11

Search This thread

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
bDM92Fq.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working
• Boots
• RIL
• VoLTE
• Wi-Fi
• GPS
• Hotspot
• Bluetooth
• Video Playback
• Camera/Video Recording
• Audio
• Sensors
• LED
• Alert Slider
• Screen-off Gestures
• WFD
• ADB Debugging
• SELinux Enforced
• Safetynet

Known issues
• You tell me

Installation Instructions
• Download the build and reboot to recovery
• Wipe system, data and cache
• Install the ROM
• Reboot

Notes:
• For Gapps, flash Nikgapps, Omni or Macro recommended.
• No support will be provided for above mentioned packages.
• Stock LOS is the default kernel.

Reporting Bugs
• You can grab logs via adb, any logcat reader app (matlog recommeded, now available on Play Store).
• DO NOT report bugs if you are not running stock kernel/have any magisk modules or flashing any addon zip.

Downloads
Click Here

Special Mentions
• Akash Shetty
• Wmbruckner
• Schrodinger's cat
• Sarthak
• Pierre
• rBen
These guys helped by testing multiple builds and reporting with useful logs when needed.

• rBen for donating his OnePlus 2.
• SGCMarkus for the help.
• Abhishek Tiwari for the VoLTE fix.
• Abhishek Tiwari and Gagan Malvi for the mm-pp-daemon fix.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
_undead

Source Code
Device Tree:
https://github.com/mukul2259/device_oneplus_oneplus2/
Common Tree: https://github.com/mukul2259/device_oppo_common
Kernel: https://github.com/mukul2259/kernel_oneplus_msm8994
Vendor: https://github.com/mukul2259/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Last edited:

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Keeping the Phone alive.... Respect bro..
:highfive:

@_undeed in some places in OP you have mentioned android 10 instead of android 11
BTW really happy to see your efforts
It's because XDA doesn't have Android 11 option yet. :fingers-crossed:
It is a hair-pulling yet a good experience to work with a legacy device and push it to the limits.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

It's because XDA doesn't have Android 11 option yet. :fingers-crossed:
That's affirmative - and there won't obviously be one in future as all DevDB threads will be reverted to "normal" threads eventually. Please refer to Big Changes To XDA Forums are Coming Soon:
All DevDB threads will revert to regular threads. DevDB Downloads will be removed, and we are significantly increasing the max file size for the attachment system on Xenforo. Any files uploaded via DevDB should be downloaded as they will be removed by 12/31/2020. To help ease the transition, we’re working on a mechanism to contact developers that have files on DevDB to provide download links and suggestions on hosting files elsewhere.
However, you can manually edit to Android 11. Just don't use the option "Edit project" but edit the OP (only available in Style XDA 2015); please refer to attached screenshot.

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey @_undead , If you don't mind you can check my Z5 R builds and sources.
Since the hardware is pretty similar to OP2, for lagging issues check this one.

I hope it will help you and your work here, Cheers!

Hello there!

Glad to see your response. I have already set that in the build I posted, not sure why it is happening.
The response is much appreciated! If you want, you can join our OnePlus 2 Discord server, bringing the best for both devices together because of the hardware.

Cheers!

toscha42

Nov 13, 2011
Jerez de la Frontera
Just installed LoS 18.0. Yes, a bit laggy here and there some force closes as well. But that was known so no complaints. :) But apart from that it works quite nice. Btw, I used FlameGapps and they work fine as well.

Not rooted yet, first need to find the Magisk Canary builds.

All in all a great work!

Cheers
Toscha

Last edited:

anirajkumar

Aug 26, 2014
Thank you for your efforts bros. There are bugs as you mentioned, and it keeps crashing, Hope to get a stable version soon. Cheers!

rihan_shawn

May 24, 2018
sherpur, dhaka, Bangladesh
That's a very good news for oneplus 2 users. I'm so happy to have Android 11 on my oneplus 2 phone. as you said there's bug and restart issues. but that's a very good project for Us. keep going and make Oneplus 2 Undead. Great work.

vinko1950

Feb 18, 2018
Split
Man, thank you for keeping our phone alive for so long.

My last flashed ROM is RR 7.0.2 (rolled out on 22.04.2019. haha), but I will flash this one when it becomes stable af.
Fk it, I was lazy with flashing new stuff.

Custom Romer

Dec 9, 2020
Pls develop more Android 11 (R) Roms For The
bDM92Fq.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working
• Boots
• Wi-Fi
• Hotspot
• Bluetooth
• Video Playback
• Camera
• Audio
• Sensors
• LED
• Alert Slider

Known issues
• RIL
• Crashes and reboots
• ROM is not smooth
• Bluetooth takes a second to switch playback
• Selinux Permissive

• Install the ROM
• Reboot

NOTES:
• Flash only latest canary Magisk if you want to root your phone.
• Stealth is the default kernel.

Reporting Bugs
Reporting bugs can be certainly helpful in bringup times. You can grab logs via adb, any logcat reader app (matlog recommeded, not available on Play Store).
DO NOT report bugs if you are not running stock kernel/have any magisk modules or flashing any addon zip.

Download
Click Here

Special Mentions
-Akash Shetty
-Wmbruckner
-rBen
-Schrodinger's cat
-Sarthak
-Pierre
These guys helped by testing multiple builds and reporting with useful logs when needed.

-SGCMarkus for the help.

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.0 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
_undead
Source Code: https://github.com/mukul2259/stealth_oneplus2

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2020-10-09
Last Updated 2020-10-17

Reactions: darkbeast13

_undead

Sep 26, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for your efforts bros. There are bugs as you mentioned, and it keeps crashing, Hope to get a stable version soon. Cheers!
That's a very good news for oneplus 2 users. I'm so happy to have Android 11 on my oneplus 2 phone. as you said there's bug and restart issues. but that's a very good project for Us. keep going and make Oneplus 2 Undead. Great work.
Man, thank you for keeping our phone alive for so long.

My last flashed ROM is RR 7.0.2 (rolled out on 22.04.2019. haha), but I will flash this one when it becomes stable af.
Fk it, I was lazy with flashing new stuff.
Hopefully, soon!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bDM92Fq.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

What's working
    • Boots
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • Wi-Fi
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Camera/Video Recording
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • Alert Slider
    • Screen-off Gestures
    • WFD
    • ADB Debugging
    • SELinux Enforced
    • Safetynet

Known issues
    • You tell me

• Install the ROM
    • Reboot

Notes:
    • Stock LOS is the default kernel.

Reporting Bugs
    • You can grab logs via adb, any logcat reader app (matlog recommeded, now available on Play Store).
    • DO NOT report bugs if you are not running stock kernel/have any magisk modules or flashing any addon zip.

Downloads
    Click Here

Special Mentions
    • Akash Shetty
    • Wmbruckner
    • Schrodinger's cat
    • Sarthak
    • Pierre
    • rBen

• rBen for donating his OnePlus 2.
    • SGCMarkus for the help.
    • Abhishek Tiwari for the VoLTE fix.
    • Abhishek Tiwari and Gagan Malvi for the mm-pp-daemon fix.

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][R]LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 2 | Android 11, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    _undead

Source Code
    Device Tree:
    https://github.com/mukul2259/device_oneplus_oneplus2/
    Common Tree: https://github.com/mukul2259/device_oppo_common
    Kernel: https://github.com/mukul2259/kernel_oneplus_msm8994
    Vendor: https://github.com/mukul2259/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

ROM OS Version: Android 11

Version Information
    Stable
    Uploaded a new build that is based on latest LineageOS source with the camera fix like in specific previous release but no data fix included. Please use RILControl apk as this temporary solution seems to be the best for now.
    Hello everyone,

Just pushed another build. Changelog is as follows:
    -WFD works now
    -mm-pp-daemon which pinned 100% usage for little cluster has been fixed
    -Miscellaneous under the hood improvements
    -Smoothness improvements
    -Synced with latest Lineage source

Cheers!
    Just an update,
    Fixed most of the issues.
    Update will be out soon.
    Just an update,

I've been trying to incorporate both the fixes into a single build, but it doesn't seem to be going well.
    Our blobs in general are too old. There are two separate workarounds for the Data Issue and Camera issue, individually adding them make the respective thing work fine, while adding them into a single build just breaks the camera. Back to square zero.

I'll try to workaround the data issue (I have an idea). Let's see how that goes. Until then, please flash the build for whatsoever is more important for your daily needs.

Until then, you can use RIL Control app on the build with camera working, so that data fixes without having to reboot your phone everytime. Do note that this app needs root. Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mukul2259/files/oneplus2/R/Ril_Control.apk/download

Cheers!