[APP] AdFree by Bigtincan - adblock app

Search This thread

no14me

Feb 7, 2012
HaNoi
After flash ROM without backup, I searched on Google Play but I can't find any adblock app.
So i search and know that some days ago all "Ad Blocking" apps were removed from Play Store. It's too bad, because with small app, i always download the new one after flash.
AND WITH SOME APP, I DON'T WANT DOWNLOAD FROM ANOTHER SOURCE EXCEPT GOOGLE PLAY.
Luckily, i opened the sdcard and recognized that I backed up this app the day before flash. so I have backed up the best ad blocking app for me: AdFree from bigtincan.
I attached version 0.8.47-the last version in the Google Play before remotion. I exported it by AppInstaller, so you can install it normal :)
Also, you can get the last version here (found this in XDA ): http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
UPDATE: ADFREE 0.8.47 WAS OUT OF DATE. EVERYBODY CAN DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION VIA THIS DIRECT LINK: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
Or you will get Out of date notification when open apps

*EDIT: 19-Jan-2015: attached newest version (dont know if anybody still using this like me. haha)
Screenshot_2015-01-19-22-34-20.jpg

Attachments

• AdFree-0.8.47-last-version-from-google-play.apk
    631.4 KB · Views: 25,990
  • apps-december-28-adfree-android-121227.jpg
    apps-december-28-adfree-android-121227.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12,760
  • AdFree-0.9.8-19Jan2015.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 53,565
  • Screenshot_2015-01-19-22-34-20.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8,332
Last edited:

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
I would suggest downloading any adblockers from their developers site. The new versions include an updater that works outside of the play store.

http://adblockplus.org/en/android-about

Sent from my LG P970 using XDA-Premium
[Device]LG Optimus Black P970
[ROM]CM10.1
[Kernel]3.0.8-CM+
[MOD] 4cyl Turbo engine v0.3.2_r1 w/ 200 shot NOS(@Exit_only)

I bump month old threads from trolls and I suggest you read the op.

Reactions: casmi and StanleyD

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
I'm sorry it came off like that but iI was just trying to be helpful. As you can surely see I'm still a fairly fresh face around here. Feel free to call me a troll if you desire, I'm not here to start any forum battles.

I hear you. It's just that you linked to a completely different app from a different developer. Forgive the troll comment.

x9x9x9x9x9

Apr 17, 2011
Tulsa
Here's an updated version for whomsoever is interested.

Thank You! I can't believe how hard it has been to find this update.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

An even newer version can be obtained directly from the site: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/
Certainly, there would be a need for the updation ;)

I don't know if this is even the same app. I question it due to it having a different Icon, new website, no info, and BigTinCan turning into a new company and dumping AdFree from what I saw.

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
I don't know if this is even the same app. I question it due to it having a different Icon, new website, no info, and BigTinCan turning into a new company and dumping AdFree from what I saw.
Works exactly the same... An icon being updated is hardly strange, especially considering how the app was removed from the market.

Sent from the inner sanctum of my mind.

x9x9x9x9x9

Apr 17, 2011
Tulsa
Works exactly the same... An icon being updated is hardly strange, especially considering how the app was removed from the market.

I just installed it and you are right. I was just a little worried about it. I know an icon change doesn't mean much but I am very cautious with apps that ask for root.

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
Also as you may have noticed, the download link I mentioned isn't publicized on their home page. It's for those who find it, I would assume ;)

Captain Quack

Jan 20, 2011
interesting

I tried to register and got this.

"Your Email Mail server responded with: 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, " (note comma at end)

as well I downloaded the latest version from the page, install it, says installed fine and when it goes to update the local host it tells me "this copy of AdFree is too old, please update to a newer version".

firebird3924

Aug 13, 2009
I tried to register and got this.

"Your Email Mail server responded with: 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, " (note comma at end)

as well I downloaded the latest version from the page, install it, says installed fine and when it goes to update the local host it tells me "this copy of AdFree is too old, please update to a newer version".

Yep.. im getting the same thing. Any recommendations would be great. Im on the lg g2 now

BigXR

Jun 28, 2008
I downloaded the updated version after receiving the same out of date error. According to the adfree.apk manifest downloaded, the latest version is 0.8.64

I still get the same error. I then go over to BigTinCan's main site. From the looks of it, it got me thinking "I wonder if they have abandoned the adfree app". Anyways, I just downloaded and installed the adaway apps and I seems to be doing its job. Sweeeeeet!

hssuhle

Apr 20, 2011
/root
...too old???

Hello *,

since two days, I am trying to get adfree running (it used to be smooth and easy). However, now I always get this warning: "...too old..."
How is that possible? I am using the latest version offered by the web site. (Unfortunately, cannot provide the version number...)

Could somebody please give me a hand?

Thank you kindly!

Regards,

hssuhle

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hello *,

since two days, I am trying to get adfree running (it used to be smooth and easy). However, now I always get this warning: "...too old..."
How is that possible? I am using the latest version offered by the web site. (Unfortunately, cannot provide the version number...)

Could somebody please give me a hand?

Thank you kindly!

Regards,

hssuhle

Yeah - Try reading two posts up from yours...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hssuhle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After flash ROM without backup, I searched on Google Play but I can't find any adblock app.
    So i search and know that some days ago all "Ad Blocking" apps were removed from Play Store. It's too bad, because with small app, i always download the new one after flash.
    AND WITH SOME APP, I DON'T WANT DOWNLOAD FROM ANOTHER SOURCE EXCEPT GOOGLE PLAY.
    Luckily, i opened the sdcard and recognized that I backed up this app the day before flash. so I have backed up the best ad blocking app for me: AdFree from bigtincan.
    I attached version 0.8.47-the last version in the Google Play before remotion. I exported it by AppInstaller, so you can install it normal :)
    Also, you can get the last version here (found this in XDA ): http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
    UPDATE: ADFREE 0.8.47 WAS OUT OF DATE. EVERYBODY CAN DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION VIA THIS DIRECT LINK: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
    Or you will get Out of date notification when open apps

*EDIT: 19-Jan-2015: attached newest version (dont know if anybody still using this like me. haha)
    I would suggest downloading any adblockers from their developers site. The new versions include an updater that works outside of the play store.

[ROM]CM10.1
    [Kernel]3.0.8-CM+

[ROM]CM10.1
    [Kernel]3.0.8-CM+

I bump month old threads from trolls and I suggest you read the op.
    I leave the last version 0.9.11 adfree July 2016.
    I'm sorry it came off like that but iI was just trying to be helpful. As you can surely see I'm still a fairly fresh face around here. Feel free to call me a troll if you desire, I'm not here to start any forum battles.

I hear you. It's just that you linked to a completely different app from a different developer. Forgive the troll comment.