Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
I know i can change the launcher lol :D
Anyway what really bugs me is the ui in general, TW launcher isn't that bad. Widget locker kinda works, but it's not as responsive/reliable as the true AOSP one. I know, i know, i'm really picky, but everything was flawless on my Desire, regardless the ROM, so now the hardware is much better but looks like i can't really live with the software at the current status of development...hmmm, maybe i should wait a little and see if CM settles, otherwise i'd be likely to sell this and grab a Prime :rolleyes:

reala

Nov 2, 2009
Just change the launcher? and dl widget unlocker. If those are the only things that bugs you =) Better browser, sound and video in samsung based roms.

+1, TW is so way basic, and anyway, Apple is killing it right now with their patents. They should use their creativity or buy some, not to copy iOS UI (very boring), even it has much more features (however with open appdrawer looks the same).

Widget Locker + ADW Launcher EX

I do not know what do you really expect from a ROM, but if the develpoers at Motorola had worked as hard as Samsung's, I would've not changed to CM7 for the last year I owned that handset.

Actually I really like CM7, but only for such abandoned phones like my Motorola was, who were just promising, promising ... kept promising.

What I am still missing from the Samsung ROMs is the scrollable and RE-ORGANIZABLE energy buttons from the notification bar.

However using JKayDeluxe instead. Still waiting for the re-organizable feature, but in the meantime you can do it on your own by editing .XML.

The other missing thing is the scrollable agenda on the native lock screen. I can not understand why all manufacturers wasting so much space on it. But I can live with that, bought Widget Locker and Pure Calendar, now I can have 4 rows scrollable agenda on that.

SGSII has so much potential, let the devs a little more time to work on it.
I am really already more than satisfied with its speed lookout, weight, features, etc...

Even MHL cabel prices are dropping seriously (I do not know why Samsung did not implement HDMI port like LG and Motorola did, but that time, the only alternate HTC Sensation followed the same way :( for a little bit more with weaker hardware...).

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I am using SwipePad with its paid add-ons, and everithing is only 1 click (swipe) far from the switched on display (apps, contacts, floating widgets, etc...). You don't even have to unlock your phone (Widget Locker). Also with WL, notification bar can be enabled locked.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Anyway what really bugs me is the ui in general, TW launcher isn't that bad. Widget locker kinda works, but it's not as responsive/reliable as the true AOSP one. I know, i know, i'm really picky, but everything was flawless on my Desire, regardless the ROM, so now the hardware is much better but looks like i can't really live with the software at the current status of development...hmmm, maybe i should wait a little and see if CM settles, otherwise i'd be likely to sell this and grab a Prime :rolleyes:

And wait for its development...

Lucky you. A lot of people have to skip generations.

Last edited:

ugokind

Sep 19, 2008
I comprehend you but

I always use GO
go launcher.. go sms.. is totally different from others
so it has a lot of functions..

I use cognition 1.2 for example..
pain? and what about reading 400 and more pages from 1.2? seeing that one thing is better and 2 no?
I stay 1.2 because I have the good balance between stability/battery drain/performances
and I have my call recorder mod.. and a lot of. so since anyone write that I can have the same in a newer rom.. I'll do.

I tested cm7 but it is based on a different way of deployment.. the os is different.. the filesystem is different.. so it's so hard to do full restore/revert to anyother rom! yes it has tons od code inside.. and very rich of benefits. but indeed it's too sperimental.. I read every day the Change.. so it grow everyday. when will be stable?

no one dare you to raise the release of your rom.. I stay 1.2.. is perfect.

be happy.. ciao da torino

Reactions: vnvman

Schmich

Jun 29, 2010
I love TouchWiz. Brings features that stock doesn't have and CM has too many missing features or bugs for me. I find having TV-out, getting proper video playback and camera picture quality to be more important than what the ROM brings. Usually CM has a lot to do about speed and there Touchwiz with stock or Cognition is on par. So I see no reason to switch.

I don't know how often I use the slide contact left/right to message/call and all those small things that Touchwiz has incorporated. I'm currently on this ROM. I can wait for 2.3.5 as it doesn't bring any important goodies, or at least none that I need.

tbong777

I always use GO
go launcher.. go sms.. is totally different from others
so it has a lot of functions..

I use cognition 1.2 for example..
pain? and what about reading 400 and more pages from 1.2? seeing that one thing is better and 2 no?
I stay 1.2 because I have the good balance between stability/battery drain/performances
and I have my call recorder mod.. and a lot of. so since anyone write that I can have the same in a newer rom.. I'll do.

I tested cm7 but it is based on a different way of deployment.. the os is different.. the filesystem is different.. so it's so hard to do full restore/revert to anyother rom! yes it has tons od code inside.. and very rich of benefits. but indeed it's too sperimental.. I read every day the Change.. so it grow everyday. when will be stable?

no one dare you to raise the release of your rom.. I stay 1.2.. is perfect.

be happy.. ciao da torino

+1 The Go EX launcher with JKay is as custom as I would ever need. I am using Leomar Revolution right now while waiting for the next incarnation here.

The lack of true SNS integration with the contacts list is really annoying me though. LOL Doesn't work on either ROM for me and I cannot find the issue.

Daily flashing is not my thing either. I take these breaks in my fav ROM to try others and see what they are up to. (although I have to admit "others" has only been Leo's because he has so many hits on his thread)

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Its sammy for u tbh, hardware usually is good and software side of things is done by kids in kindergarden lol!

Sent from my iphone look a like powered by android!

King Shady

Sep 6, 2010
Honestly for me, TouchWiz is awesome. It is extremely smooth, and I have no lag. In addition I use a lot of Widgets that Samsung includes for TouchWiz. TouchWiz ftw!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

tbong777

With the Cognition I had the same prob and I was verry disappointed with, but now I'm with the Leomar ROM and everything is fine. The sync in contacts and calendar works(social hub also - fb and tweeter) and I dont get any notifications about expired sessions or FCs. Maybe you need to make a wipe..

I reflashed Cog 1.5.1. It didn't wipe but flashed all the SNS files with the re install and all works. I could not find a ROM that wipes LOL. I was restoring back ups. I then flashed Leos Revolution No Wipe and everything is still working so that issue is cleared up.

King Shady

Sep 6, 2010
Same here, too. I see no reason in switching to CM7 (except for taking a look at IC 4.0 for a short look ^^)

Totally agree with you. TouchWiz Roms with fast window animations and home button fix are extremely fast. I don't see any reason to switch to CM7 right now, but I'll definetely switch to CM9 when its out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
sorry M8s but what exact. is the connection between the camera ? and the launcher?/Touchwiz?

and CM7 is a total rom,no? or there's a separate Launcher too?:confused:

either way I advise you to try the GOlauncher EX > it take the best from all the rest
;)

When i say TW i mean the whole ui, not only the launcher, wich is just the Touch Wiz launcher. It's like Sense: it's not only the launcher, there's a lot more ;)

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
I recently bought a GS2 and I must say, this ROM is incredibly stable!

One question though, is there anyway to improve the auto-brightness function? I would prefer to use it but it's usually way to dim and doesn't adjust itself properly. I tried searching within this thread but couldn't find anything. Apologies in advance if I'm missing something really simple here.

Bump, any help with this guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cognition 777

Join Us on IRC

Welcome to Cognition 777! The idea behind this rom is to unify my rom making efforts into a single rom for the i9100 and the i777 with only minor changes between them to make managing two or three roms take the time of one rom. I have decided to base everything on the i9100 stock firmware simply because it has less restrictions, more frequent updates, and way more options when it comes to customizations.

Based on I9100XWKJ3 firmware
    Rooted, deodexed and zipaligned
    Ninphetamine-2.1.3 Kernel
    I9100XXKI3 Modem
    Bloatware removed
    Camera: Take picture/video below 15%
    Camera: Take picture/video while on a call
    Camera: Take picture/video with the volume buttons, click to focus and snap or hold to focus and let go to snap picture
    Camera: Take picture/video without interrupting music
    Camera: Records Audio in 192kbps/44.1Khz quality (CD Quality) rather than stock (64kbps/16khz quality)
    Browser: Option to set font size
    Browser: Option to select a user agent (sticks after reboot)
    Browser: Remove built-in bookmarks
    Logs Provider: Removed text messages from logs
    Launcher: Custom default layout on home screens and app drawer
    Settings: Additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never)
    Settings: Enabled 'Stay Awake' development option
    Settings: Enabled option to set default install location
    Status bar: 5 bar signal (i9100 uses 4 bars)
    Wallpaper Chooser: Enabled hidden wallpapers
    Messaging: Increased max message size to AT&T max 307200 -> 614400
    Messaging: Increased smsToMmsTextThreshold 4 -> 20
    Messaging: Increased recipientLimit 10 -> 20
    Calendar: Allow calendar week to start on any day
    Swype: New version that works with build.prop tweaks
    Video Player Video playback at any battery level
    Framework: Accurate battery mod
    Framework: Charging complete notifications disabled
    Framework: Extended power options (reboot, recovery, download, no confirmation)
    Framework: Home button lag fix (disables double tap features)
    Framework: Home button haptic feedback fix (doesn't exist on i9100)
    Other mods & features:
    • Tweaked build.prop
    • Added AT&T CSC (fixes time, date and language presets)
    • Enabled SIP over wifi and 3g
    • Added Fujutweaks (2.3.7 app_process & system_server)
    • Added CyanogenMod libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so
    • Enable Unknown Sources by default
    • Ad blocking via hosts file
    • Removed bootup sounds
    • Removed main bootanimation (only loop left)
    • Enabled tethering via usb and wifi
    • Added Loopy Smoothness Tweak by lpy (modded by gtg465x)
    • Updated system apps

Cognition 777 r2 [11/14/2011]
    Mms.apk properly modded
    Lag fixed
    Wifi tweaks
    Battery saving tweaks
    Proximity sensor tweaks

Roms removed from XDA, moved to RootzWiki.

Known Issues:
    No real issues so far.
    TouchWiz starting on page one is not a bug
    The dialer call buttons go to the call log with no number typed (this is normal on i9100 roms)
    NFC and Stay Awake don't stick after reboot (this is normal)
    When on vibe only mode the vibe and mute icon appear in the notification tray (really guys?!)

Screenshots:

Special Thanks:
    gtg465x (browser mods, smali source diffs, ideas)
    Cyanogen (SQLite mods)
    LeoMar75 (build.prop tweaks)
    FAQ

How do I enable my phone to connect to Kies?
    Disable USB debugging
    Setting > Applications > Development > untick Enable USB Debugging

How do I navigate recovery?
    Volume buttons are up and down
    Power button is back
    Home button is select

How do I clear data from recovery?
    Select "wipe data/factory reset"

Why don't I see the new download links?
    Clear your cache or do a hard refresh (ctrl+r or ctrl+f5)

Is this rom rooted?
    YES!

Why is my battery draining so fast?
    Testing the rom for less then a day and reporting a battery drain is like sticking your face in a blender and wondering why it hurt. Please calibrate your battery, check your apps usage, etc.

Why is this app not working(FC)?
    When updating, tons of things can go wrong, especially with using old data on a new app. If you are getting an FC after updating, clean the cache on the app, if that doesn't work, clear the data. (Settings > Applications, find you app, click the buttons)
    Good luck with your ROM, i'd stay up and wait to try it out if i wasn't falling asleep in to my keyboard :)

Thanks for even more devs working on the s2 \o/

Thanks! should be up before long, just finishing stuff up for rom manager and uploading :)
    Mirror

http://www.multiupload.com/OUK90QDMGI

here I uploded it on multiupload.

I hope everything works.
    Loved your captivate work, can't wait to give this a run.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

certainly won't disappoint, I hope ;)