Pune
Full touch supported Clockworkmod Recovery v5 for Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 phone

which is also known as CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410

attachment.php
picture.php

[Features Working]

• Full Touch Panel support for menu navigation
  • Touch gesture support added for Go back and page up/down actions
  • ICS like menu buttons as an added option for menu navigation :)
  • All harware keys functionality retained. ;)
  • Advanced Backup option for backing up in either TAR or IMG format. (Might be useful for Custom ROM developers using dsixda's kitchen)
  • Restore
  • Install From Zip
  • ADB recovery support
  • Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery

[Requirements]

• One of these mobiles: CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. (with any ROM installed, rooted / un-rooted)
  • USB data cable

[ Downloads]

[Installation Instructions]
[Using CWM recovery]
  • Copy CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zipin sdcard
  • Boot into recovery (Steps are given below for how-to-boot-into-recovery)
  • Use "install zip from sdcard" option
  • Locate and choose CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip from sdcard for instllation
  • After installation reboot into recovery (advanced > Reboot recovery)

[Using
USB cable]

• Extract recovery.img from CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip
  • Power off your phone. Now press Volume UP + Power button to enter in Download mode (Please keep Volume UP button pressed for a second before pressing Power button)
  • Connect your phone to PC via USB and wait until USB-Storage device appears on your PC (In Linux, you might see loads of new devices being mounted. But we are concerned about the device with name as 'FIH')
  • Replace file recovery.img inside the folder image (In windows, X:\image\, where X is drive letter for new USB device)
  • Safely remove USB device to ensure complete file copy
  • Disconnect phone from PC
  • Remove battery of your phone to power off and then start it again.
[Instructions to boot into recovery]
[Using ADB]

• If your phone is up and running then connect it to PC
  • Issue following command through terminal / Command prompt
Code:
adb reboot  recovery
[Without PC - Using your phones hardware keys]

• Power off your phone
  • Now press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power (As said before, please press Volume keys for a second before pressing Power button)
  • The phone will take few seconds (5 - 10 secs) to boot into recovery mode (It will show splash screen before booting into recovery)

[Navigation]

[Touch inputs]
  • Use touch panel buttons at the bottom of screen for navigations.
  • Hover finger over menu buttons on screen and lift your finger on desired selection when it gets highlighted.
  • Use touch panel's back or device key's back button for return action.
  • Check out this video to know how about.
[Device keys]
  • Select = Power & Search
  • Move Up = Home & Vol-Up
  • Move Down = Menu & Vol-Down
  • Back = Back
Please refer to his post and image for for more details.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16248065&postcount=426
Originally Posted by tj_style
cwm.jpg

[Problems]

• Currently gesture support is not included for menu navigation.
  • Same issue with using "USB Safely remove" option. Please refer to this thread for possible solutions. [Unofficial][Recovery][Ideos X6] CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4 [Update]
  • Beware, some of your earlier Backups might just show md5sum mismatch. [happened with me] So just keep earlier recovery update.zip in /sdcard, just in case.
  • The backup format for this recovery is .tar and not .img, this is done [not by me, by koush and CWM developers ;)] to reduce size of each backup. So, backup generated by using this version are not supported by earlier Recovery releases. But this release can use earlier releases' backup.

[Disclaimer]

I am not to be held liable/responsible if you damage your phone by following/not following this thread.

[Acknowledgement]

• koush for his CWM bootable recovery sources.
  • Steam recovery sources by SteamMOD for touch input related modifications.
  • k1chy for testing this touch based CWM recovery on his ideosX6 device. (Since my device is bricked right now, I can not test it ;))

P.S.: I have purposefully kept same format as for my older post of CWM Recovery v3, so that it will be helpful for any new user to grasp everything at single place.

Attachments

• screenshot_10.jpg
    screenshot_10.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 24,099
  • Touch_based_CWM_recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 3,451
  • screenshot2.jpeg
    screenshot2.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3,014
Last edited:

Napstar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2011
Pune

Well I am not the right person to tell that, as I am not the developer of CWM recovery. Its Koush.
I have just ported it to our device. ;)

Anyway to tell you few points that I found out:
  • Major change for our device is support for backup in tar format. (Size reduction of the backup files)
  • Support for firmware update check and its installation. (If you did ota update and phone restarted in recovery for the same, I guess) - NOT for our device
  • Support for zip installation from internal SDcard. (Avalable in few devices) - NOT for our device
  • Few comsetic changes during backup and recovery that you might have noticed.
  • And few changes in recovery log file.

You can find these out by yourself by looking at sources modifications at: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/gingerbread/

Last edited:

c_anuraag

Jul 1, 2010
Pune
Initial Test

Ok...set this up on my device:

1. Backup works fine (in tar format now)
2. Restore Works fine
3. Format/Wipes work fine
4. Didnt see much difference from functionality standpoint though...

Will definitely update if something fails or creates a problem

Thanks a lot for this....

zailer

cant mount the sdcard from recovery and get it available on windows :(
adb support ? what it means as i couldnt get the "adb devices" to show the device yet :(
may be am doing something wrong

i made a back up with this recovery and Tj sirs recovery failed to restore ?? is that normal ?

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
cant mount the sdcard from recovery and get it available on windows :(
adb support ? what it means as i couldnt get the "adb devices" to show the device yet :(
may be am doing something wrong

i made a back up with this recovery and Tj sirs recovery failed to restore ?? is that normal ?

This recovery's backup is in tar file format for non boot partitions, as its mentioned in few posts before. So the backup created by this re overy can not be used with earlier versions of recovery.

And for adb, is your device detected when it is booted into any ROM. I mean have installed drivers correctly.

For USB mounting, select mount USB storage in mounting menu. And remain in that menu untill you are done with USB usage.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA App

Reactions: nitindeck

zailer

OK that was one info i might have missed .. about the .tar format! thanks for stressing it again :)

but about the other two advices .. i have my phone detected by all other roms ..yes ...thats how i could fix its looping at corrupted boot animation yesterday?(mentioned in another post :) ) so i guess its some other issue .. since its not worked with the combined recovery version too (stock and v5.0.x.x) ..any guess whats happening ?? :(

about mounting and unmounting .. i stayed in the "mounted" state for 10 minutes and still it didnt show up on the pc. but with other clockwork i guess its again urs 0ne with orange colour i get this working so easily .

thanks for immediate response :) and thanks for these great releases i really like the details shown (each file name its backing up and restoring ) :) really cool :p

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
but about the other two advices .. i have my phone detected by all other roms ..yes ...thats how i could fix its looping at corrupted boot animation yesterday?(mentioned in another post :) ) so i guess its some other issue .. since its not worked with the combined recovery version too (stock and v5.0.x.x) ..any guess whats happening ?? :(

about mounting and unmounting .. i stayed in the "mounted" state for 10 minutes and still it didnt show up on the pc. but with other clockwork i guess its again urs 0ne with orange colour i get this working so easily .

I really dont know the reason behind the problem. Try re-installing any of the latest recovery.

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
Really good programming, much easier to use. My only suggestion is to make the bars wider. I have big fingers.

My changes are developer friendly. What i mean by that is, if you know how to extract and re-pack recovery.img file for our device then you can just replace button.png and button-sel.png to your choice. Graphical menu will adjust itself.
Anyway, i will release a separate version too, so as to make this process more friendly.

mi410

Oct 13, 2011
this is really great.. this really solves the problem if one wants / needs to navigate thru CWM recovery in low light or no light conditions. bcoz in recovery mode the soft buttons do not glow. great man Napster!!!

dtbang721

Jan 28, 2011
GreAt done napstar! But how about usb disk in recovery do? and if I install this cwm update there is the way to back to previous version of cwm to flash my old backups?

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
GreAt done napstar! But how about usb disk in recovery do? and if I install this cwm update there is the way to back to previous version of cwm to flash my old backups?

Sorry, I did not follow what you meant by "usb disk in recovery".

Regarding restoring old backups, this recovery supports any backup from last releases. (backward compatibility).

Anyway, just for the sake of convenience I have retained older release in my first post attachments. So anyone can revert back to older release if they want. :)

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore

Just retain / copy (if you have a backup on your computer) clockworkmode folder in your SD card along with the old ROM backups. This cwm will simply take the backup and restore. Worked for me ! :)

kshitij_bhatt

Aug 8, 2011
Jaipur
www.facebook.com
hihihi changed the pngs to one i liked bt gesture got disturbed ;) sorry was jst try to mess it up lolz back to ur build :p

nd thank got it didnt get bricked this time ... i dont think they gonna replace it for this time (actually if it gets bricked it will be 3rd time ;) )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full touch supported Clockworkmod Recovery v5 for Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 phone

which is also known as CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410

attachment.php
    picture.php

[Features Working]

• ICS like menu buttons as an added option for menu navigation :)
    • All harware keys functionality retained. ;)
    • Advanced Backup option for backing up in either TAR or IMG format. (Might be useful for Custom ROM developers using dsixda's kitchen)
    • Restore
    • Install From Zip
    • ADB recovery support
    • Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery

[Requirements]

• One of these mobiles: CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. (with any ROM installed, rooted / un-rooted)
    • USB data cable

[ Downloads]

[Installation Instructions]
    [Using CWM recovery]
    • Copy CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zipin sdcard
    • Boot into recovery (Steps are given below for how-to-boot-into-recovery)
    • Use "install zip from sdcard" option
    • Locate and choose CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip from sdcard for instllation
    • After installation reboot into recovery (advanced > Reboot recovery)

[Using
    USB cable]

• Extract recovery.img from CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip
    • Power off your phone. Now press Volume UP + Power button to enter in Download mode (Please keep Volume UP button pressed for a second before pressing Power button)
    • Connect your phone to PC via USB and wait until USB-Storage device appears on your PC (In Linux, you might see loads of new devices being mounted. But we are concerned about the device with name as 'FIH')
    • Replace file recovery.img inside the folder image (In windows, X:\image\, where X is drive letter for new USB device)
    • Safely remove USB device to ensure complete file copy
    • Disconnect phone from PC
    • Remove battery of your phone to power off and then start it again.
    [Instructions to boot into recovery]
    [Using ADB]

• If your phone is up and running then connect it to PC
    • Issue following command through terminal / Command prompt
    Code:
    adb reboot  recovery
    [Without PC - Using your phones hardware keys]

• Power off your phone
    • Now press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power (As said before, please press Volume keys for a second before pressing Power button)
    • The phone will take few seconds (5 - 10 secs) to boot into recovery mode (It will show splash screen before booting into recovery)

[Navigation]

[Touch inputs]
    • Use touch panel buttons at the bottom of screen for navigations.
    • Hover finger over menu buttons on screen and lift your finger on desired selection when it gets highlighted.
    • Use touch panel's back or device key's back button for return action.
    • Check out this video to know how about.
    [Device keys]
    • Select = Power & Search
    • Move Up = Home & Vol-Up
    • Move Down = Menu & Vol-Down
    • Back = Back
    Please refer to his post and image for for more details.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16248065&postcount=426
    Originally Posted by tj_style
    cwm.jpg

[Problems]

• Currently gesture support is not included for menu navigation.
    • Same issue with using "USB Safely remove" option. Please refer to this thread for possible solutions. [Unofficial][Recovery][Ideos X6] CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4 [Update]
    • Beware, some of your earlier Backups might just show md5sum mismatch. [happened with me] So just keep earlier recovery update.zip in /sdcard, just in case.
    • The backup format for this recovery is .tar and not .img, this is done [not by me, by koush and CWM developers ;)] to reduce size of each backup. So, backup generated by using this version are not supported by earlier Recovery releases. But this release can use earlier releases' backup.

[Disclaimer]

I am not to be held liable/responsible if you damage your phone by following/not following this thread.

[Acknowledgement]

• koush for his CWM bootable recovery sources.
    • Steam recovery sources by SteamMOD for touch input related modifications.
    • k1chy for testing this touch based CWM recovery on his ideosX6 device. (Since my device is bricked right now, I can not test it ;))

P.S.: I have purposefully kept same format as for my older post of CWM Recovery v3, so that it will be helpful for any new user to grasp everything at single place.
    Released new version of CWM recovery with touch support for menu navigations.

A brief intro:
    Really good programming, much easier to use. My only suggestion is to make the bars wider. I have big fingers.

My changes are developer friendly. What i mean by that is, if you know how to extract and re-pack recovery.img file for our device then you can just replace button.png and button-sel.png to your choice. Graphical menu will adjust itself.
    Anyway, i will release a separate version too, so as to make this process more friendly.

Full Touch supported CWM recovery released!

[video]

[ Downloads]

[Features Working]

• ICS like menu buttons as an added option for menu navigation
      smile.gif
    • All harware keys functionality retained.
      wink.gif

[Acknowledgement]

• k1chy for testing this touch based CWM recovery on his ideosX6 device. (Since my device is bricked right now, I can not test it
      wink.gif
      )
    Can anyone create a video while using this new recovery on our device. I want to see how it looks on our device. ;)

Thanx

P.S. In video show usage of all sorts of inputs like hardware keys, soft keys, on screen keys and full panel touch menu. Also try to navigate through most of the menu item and show how it looks. :cool: