[GPS][DEV]Heathens GPS Fix[EDT] - Updated 3/19/11

Search This thread

jellette

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Gingerbread.GPS.zip
This is a flash for the GPS files pulled from the new XWJV1 Gingerbread I9000 Leak.
Rather a mix of GB GPS and Vibrant GPS.

Wipes Dalvik so it will take a minute longer to reboot after flashing it.

This took a little longer for me to lock indoors but I was still able to get 6 meters accuracy with 6 of 12 birds locked.

S.gps.zip
AKA Super GPS
This is the one you want to try!
Flash on 2.2.1 and under.

Great success has been had when combining this software fix with the hardware fix found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878970

Attachments

• Gingerbread.GPS.zip
    342.8 KB · Views: 6,974
  • S.gps.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 12,592
Last edited:

scrizz

Apr 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
This is a flash for the GPS files pulled from the new XWJV1 Gingerbread I9000 Leak.

This took a little longer for me to lock indoors but I was still able to get 6 meters accuracy with 6 of 12 birds locked.

LEGIT!!!!!

dietdrpeper

Aug 2, 2010
Tried to flash on cm7 and it said amended scripting no longer supported in gingerbread recovery or something like that. What a tease!

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

traderx2009

Aug 23, 2010
Got the same error message. "no longer supported since 1.6" Tried replacing files manually with root explorer. No dice on CM 7.

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
Well, first off, you will be the first person to try these files on cm7 - that I know of.

Secondly, unzip the file and place the files on your sdcard and use root explorer to copy and paste them in to their respective folders using the folder structure I have them in as your guide.

that's what i was figuring, but i don't see a meta-inf folder.

jeph36

May 28, 2009
Cedar Falls, IA
I am trying on CM7. As a note, the /data/gps/ folder has some completely different looking files in there than the secgps.conf. /system/bin/ also did not contain agpsd, but /system/etc/ did contain gps.conf. I do not know what any of that means specifically.

3+ minutes so far in GPSTest (indoors), and it does not even pretend to be sniffing a satellite.

jellette

Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I am trying on CM7. As a note, the /data/gps/ folder has some completely different looking files in there than the secgps.conf. /system/bin/ also did not contain agpsd, but /system/etc/ did contain gps.conf. I do not know what any of that means specifically.

3+ minutes so far in GPSTest (indoors), and it does not even pretend to be sniffing a satellite.

Those files don't already exist and that is why the gps does not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread.GPS.zip
    Rather a mix of GB GPS and Vibrant GPS.

S.gps.zip
    AKA Super GPS
    This is the one you want to try!
    Flash on 2.2.1 and under.

Great success has been had when combining this software fix with the hardware fix found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878970

As I said, this requires init.d support.
    It will set the gps parameters at boot.
    Optimized for North America but will work for all.
    Use sgs tools to clear your gps settings then flash this.
    Allow a moment to start locking in sgs tools.
    Allow a little longer than sgs tools if you go straight to maps instead.

File structure appears very similar to s.gps but this is a brand new setup.
    Can someone advise me how to clear my gps settings using sgs tools?

Thank you

Go to secret codes, then click GPS Tests and settings, then delete GPS Data.
    Tried to flash on cm7 and it said amended scripting no longer supported in gingerbread recovery or something like that. What a tease!

Sent from my Vibrant using Tapatalk

You will have to push the files then because cm7 is going to want this in the form of an updater_script
    Hey bro, thanks for this. I'm going to stuff this in a rom right now and test.