[Q] Issues Flashing ROMs

Search This thread
Jan 9, 2008
Hey All,

Yesterday I started looking at flashing a custom ROM onto my Galaxy Mega (I9205) but I'm having real issues. I've tried multiple ROMs and recoveries and I run into errors every time. Hopefully I'm being a moron and have missed a step somewhere but I really don't think that's the case. I've trawled these forums to see if I can work out why this might be happening but with no luck.

The procedure I've used so far:

Use ODIN to flash custom recovery (tried both CWM and TWRP from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369998)
Factory Reset, clear cache and dalvik cache.
Install ROM from recovery (I've tried PAC-man, CyanogenMod and LiquidSmooth.)

Errors have ranged from generic failures to "incorrect device" type messages and "Status 7".

A curious issue I ran into was with PAC-man. When I tried to flash the meliusltexx version, the install script detected my device as the melius3g. I can say categorically that my device is the I9205 NOT the I9200. I removed the assert section from the updater script and although the script now runs, it fails later in the process.

I've attached a log from the last attempt I made. This was using TWRP to flash pac_meliusltexx-nightly-20140306.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

samueldewit

Jun 27, 2013
Zutphen
I'm not the best at helping at problems, but I give it a try.

I noticed you used the TWRP from a pretty outdated thread.

Silesh.Nair has a few download links in his signature, which leads to the most updated recovery.

Also Philz Recovery (the one I use the most) has a separate thread.

Have you tried those recoveries too? Maybe you should flash them through odin first, and then install the roms.

Reactions: demented_goose
Jan 9, 2008
Brilliant that did it. Used Philz recovery and ROMs are now installing correctly. Where do you find info on things such as the latest recoveries? I've been searching and the most up to date I came up with were the ones mentioned in the original post.

Thanks a lot for your help - glad it turned out to be something simple.

Reactions: samueldewit

samueldewit

Jun 27, 2013
Zutphen
Brilliant that did it. Used Philz recovery and ROMs are now installing correctly. Where do you find info on things such as the latest recoveries? I've been searching and the most up to date I came up with were the ones mentioned in the original post.

We are here to help. Glad I helped! I had the same problem, and I found Philz recovery the original development (Philz Recovery Have fun with flashing, and don't forget:

We are here to help you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not the best at helping at problems, but I give it a try.

I noticed you used the TWRP from a pretty outdated thread.

Silesh.Nair has a few download links in his signature, which leads to the most updated recovery.

Also Philz Recovery (the one I use the most) has a separate thread.

Have you tried those recoveries too? Maybe you should flash them through odin first, and then install the roms.