[Q] Stuck at loading screen after factory reset

Search This thread

vikingalle

Apr 7, 2014
Hi guys!

First of all, sorry if my english isnt 100% but i will try my best.

So i rooted my phone using this guide called 'How to Root HTC One! [Windows/Mac/Linux]' (i cant post the url since i got under 10 posts) and everything has worked perfect. But today i decided to do a factory reset and everything went ok. When i had to reboot my phone after a update i got into the TeamWin softwaremenu for some reason. I started to mess around and suddenly i had deleted the backup of my phone with all the stockfiles, data etc! Yeah i know, im stupid. But i thought that wouldnt matter, so i rebooted the phone again and i only got to the screen with white background and the green HTC logo and i couldnt get into the OS. So i went into the menu (i dont know what its called, i pressed volume down and power button) then factory reset and got into the TeamWin menu again. Pressed reboot and system, but the message "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?"... So yeah, now i cant use my phone at all.

Does this mean my phone is broken forever, or is this possible to fix? I really hope you guys can help me!

Let me know if i didnt explain it properly.

Thanks!

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
Hi guys!

So i rooted my phone using this guide called 'How to Root HTC One! [Windows/Mac/Linux]' (i cant post the url since i got under 10 posts) and everything has worked perfect. But today i decided to do a factory reset and everything went ok. When i had to reboot my phone after a update i got into the TeamWin softwaremenu for some reason. I started to mess around and suddenly i had deleted the backup of my phone with all the stockfiles, data etc! Yeah i know, im stupid. But i thought that wouldnt matter, so i rebooted the phone again and i only got to the screen with white background and the green HTC logo and i couldnt get into the OS. So i went into the menu (i dont know what its called, i pressed volume down and power button) then factory reset and got into the TeamWin menu again. Pressed reboot and system, but the message "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?"... So yeah, now i cant use my phone at all.

Does this mean my phone is broken forever, or is this possible to fix? I really hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

your phone not bricked, just no OS

can you post your geatvar all (without IMEI and S/N) ?

Reactions: vikingalle

vikingalle

Apr 7, 2014
I figured out how to do the 'getvar all', but when i try it in cmd it says "waiting for device.." and nothing happens.

vikingalle

Apr 7, 2014
you must do it in Bootloader mode

Note : be sure to install HTCSync

Thanks!

c:\adbfastboot>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.55.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 3.62.401.1
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
INFOimei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__Y13
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3885mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.048s

Also, when i connect my phone to my pc nothing happens.. it doesnt show up in 'my computer' and it also says on HTCSync "No phone connected". Is that normal?

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

vikingalle

Apr 7, 2014
no, but your PC must Know/See your device correctly

to flash your ROM

follow the steps first carefully

Ok, im following the intructions in the url bored_stupid posted. But i already ran into a problem with the firewater, because it says i need to have USB debugging enabled, but i cant turn that on since i cant get into the menu on my phone.

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
Ok, im following the intructions in the url bored_stupid posted. But i already ran into a problem with the firewater, because it says i need to have USB debugging enabled, but i cant turn that on since i cant get into the menu on my phone.

Dear , before follow the firewater steps, side load the ROM first, how to enable USB debugging without OS !!

flash ROM first

vikingalle

Apr 7, 2014
Did you followed the FAQ 2 steps ?

Yes, but it didnt help. But when i restarted my pc the MTP driver installed fine, then it told me to restart the pc and i did. But then it starts installing the MTP driver again. So i hit restart again, unplugged my phone, and connected it after the restart, but then again it starts to install the MTP driver... but this time it failed. This is weird!

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
Yes, but it didnt help. But when i restarted my pc the MTP driver installed fine, then it told me to restart the pc and i did. But then it starts installing the MTP driver again. So i hit restart again, unplugged my phone, and connected it after the restart, but then again it starts to install the MTP driver... but this time it failed. This is weird!

try to setup the driver in my post again , then connect your phone in bootloader mode

type this command : fastboot devices

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete HTC sync.. You only needed to install it for the drivers.. Once deleted the drivers will remain..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ok, i dont that and connected my phone again. It started to install a driver called 'HTC MTP Device' but it failed to install.
    Follow this guide on installing drivers FAQ 2..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

Then use adb side load to install a rom of your choice

http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dear , before follow the firewater steps, side load the ROM first, how to enable USB debugging without OS !!

flash ROM first
    Hi guys!

Thanks!

your phone not bricked, just no OS

can you post your geatvar all (without IMEI and S/N) ?
    Yeah, i know. But only reason i messed up yesterday was because i deleted the backup, even though i knew i shouldnt have done that.

But thanks for the advice pal

Invest in a OTG cable. Make a backup of your rom with TWRP and copy the TWRP folder to your PC.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app