Kindle HDX "7 won't start after root

Search This thread

Sanatrax

Jun 25, 2014
Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever :(
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

I hope I were as understandable as possible... sorry for my bad english :(

And i also hope that is allowed to speak of rooting situations

LunarisDream

Jun 22, 2014
Hi everybody, i'm Riccardo, from Italy, and i've just bought this amazing tablet, Kindle Fire HDX "7.
I've tried to follow the steps in order to root the device, but i think i've screwed up everything lol
It literally won't start, when i push the power button, appears a black screen with only written "Kindle fire", without "HDx" or whatever it was, as it happened before. And this written won't fade, it lasts forever :(
I've tried to reset to factory defaults, with a manual way ( 20 secs double pushing bottons power and up ) but, after the process, it doesn't boot anyway.

Is there some drastic way to reset everything, maybe through computer or usb devices?

Check the unbricking guides in the General forums.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Curious

What method were you using root?

liawt

Aug 6, 2011
Suzhou
The same issue like mine. My hdx unbricked by a local vendor with a OEM software. So please don't give up.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Free mobile app

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
have root and adb?

i've followed the guide that i've found on this forum, i'm actually not able to find it right now :asd:

Root was ok, the real problem was popped out after my vain try to install google play store, following this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787813

What kind of unbrick tools should i use for? I looked for, but i didn't find anything... :(

Do not FACTORY reset first then try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792225