Tripped knox, now can't get into recovery! Need help.

Search This thread

silentscreamz

Nov 22, 2013
I have a GS4 mini (SCH-I435) and I went to flash a recovery and it tripped my knox. Needless to say a verizon added a so called safety software that you can not even get ito the recovery, Please help! Can't find the firmware or a RUU for it

Sent from my SCHusing-I435 xda premium please

I have a GS4 mini (SCH-I435) and I went to flash a recovery and it tripped my knox. Needless to say a verizon added a so called safety software that you can not even get ito the recovery, Please help! Can't find the firmware or a RUU for it
Sent from my SCHusing-I435 xda premium please
To get the phone to boot hold power and vol down, brings you to download mode.
perform the option to continue, now at the next screen select reboot and you're back. no recovery but back

silentscreamz

Nov 22, 2013
Yea I know how to do that but I want to be able to flash and not get shutdown by the Verizon warming

Sent from my SCH-I435 using xda premium

dopaminejunky

Feb 14, 2014
Unfortunately, we don't have a recovery file for our phone yet. I wasn't aware that tripping Knox disabled recovery. Have you tried using supersu to sort Knox out? I remember there being some sort of option to do so.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Yup, just confirmed, I can get to recovery and Knox is still at 0x0.

silentscreamz

Nov 22, 2013
Yea, I guess I will have to wait till I can my hands on the firmware and flash the bootloader thru Odin maybe, if you have any ideas I'm all ears.

silentscreamz

Nov 22, 2013
Have you seen the firmware for our phone's yet, that would be very useful. I keep seeing post and articles about kit Kat, I wonder when we will see it. Have you heard anything about unlocking the bootloader?

Nothing on the bootloader but I've seen a few things that make me wonder if it's actually getting in the way. Hardest part is after flashing a recovery and having it not boot into recovery but that Samsung text thing doesn't allow adb for logcats. That would help also just to see if what i did before was actually no good or if the knox is blocking it. That would change my angle of attack, lol.
Still no source, who do you call for that? Chainfire?

Top Liked Posts