NativeSD Rom+EXT4 for New Users with peechurs

Search This thread

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
By now a lot may already know this by now

NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673
many-many thanks to the devs & guys that gave us this!

But there are still a few out there that are new to this so here is what i did to make it simple to follow.

What's it about anyways, here one good answer from samsamuel

standard sd android runs from an image on the fat32 partition that pretends to be a file system, nativeSD actually installs to the EXT partition, and the phone/android treats it as a real filesystem. its the same as installing to nand, except as fast as or faster (assuming you have a nice fast card,) than nand, and it keeps the read/write pressure off the nand memory, reducing the potential for bad blocks.

what you need:
- a good fast SD card, size depends on your needs (i tried a 4g Kingston that took forever to load, it could be fake/ damaged)
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6
- Download 4EXT Recovery from here. this is where the magic starts, thanks Xylograph/ securecrt
- for multi-ROM selection , thanks datagr
- for NativeSD Touch Recovery, backup & restore thanks tytung
- How not to Google Play when using diffrent roms so as not to always go to Google Play

I assume you already have Magldr/ CWM in your HD2 & know your way around the Magldr Menu.

First we need to format the SD card so that it will contain two partitions, ALL DATA WILL BE DELETED. so do a backup/ copy of your card.
- 1 FAT32 primary
- 1 EXT4 primary

Be very careful when using the minitool partition as you can accidentally format/ delete your Hard Disk Partition.

Insert you SD card to your PC & run minitool partition, something like below will show. Make sure you select the right drive.
1024.jpg

Right click on the drive & choose "delete" then apply the changes, Again make sure it's the right drive! You now have an "unallocated" partition.
1024.jpg

right click on the drive again & choose "Create New Partition" & change the dropdown boxes as the options below. Now move the mouse to the end of the "Size and Location" table. click & hold then move to the LEFT to leave a space for the EXT4 which will be done latter. Size will depend on how many Roms yo plan to use & how many apps you plan to install. Click OK.
1024.jpg

right click on the drive again that has the "Unallocated" space & choose "Create New Partition" & change the dropdown boxes as the options below. Remember it should be Primary & EXT4. Click OK
1024.jpg

Click Apply & when it's done you should have 1 FAT32 & 1 EXT4 Partition
1024.jpg

Another method of creating an EXT4 partition
3a Use the provided 4EXT recovery (NAND or SD version) to create the partitions and format them.

copy the "TOUCH" or "TWRP" or "RECOVERY" folder your SD Card (they all do the same thing)
no need to copy the others for now as it will be erased when you create/ format the EXT4 partition
1024.jpg

Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dir > TOUCH
& this should run, Tap on Advance
1024.jpg

Tap on Partition SD card
1024.jpg

Ext size. = press the + sign to go up, swap size is 0 & make sure to select EXT4 then tap Partition
1024.jpg

this is what info you can see using the "Recovery" Folder method
Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dear > Recovery (folder must be in SD root)
1024.jpg

Time to Flash!

Tap Install, notice that the compatible ROMS for this methoid have a div2 or NativeSD designation, tap on the ROM you want to flash.
1024.jpg

Make SURE the ROM you Tap is the correct one
if you made a mistake tapping the incompatible ROM it will not go the Aroma installer but immediately will be flashed to NAND - erasing what ever you had there!
1024.jpg

Install to SD-EXT
1024.jpg

wait for it then your Done!
1024.jpg

Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dir > NATIVESD
1024.jpg

Run NativeSDBoot.apk, tap on whatever ROM you wan to BOOT to then re-start.
HTH :cowboy:

& BTW don't forget to hit the Thanks Button for the Dev's & Guys who made/ ported those ROM's to become NativeSD :highfive:

Last edited:

hitutsu829766

Aug 20, 2012
Hi,
I've done all the things in the guide and my question is, why does it go smoother and faster on my 8gb class 2 card than the 32gb class10 card?
thx and sorry for my bad english xd

Reactions: rush420

alexdenied

Jul 22, 2012
I can't find softkeys

Hi I have installed on native sd the "PARANOID ANDROID LEO BETA V2.00" rom (thank to the developers for the great job) everything I've tested works fine but i can't enable sofkey i need them becouse my hard back button doesn't work very good. Can anybody help me? thanks

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
Hi,
I've done all the things in the guide and my question is, why does it go smoother and faster on my 8gb class 2 card than the 32gb class10 card?
thx and sorry for my bad english xd

could by the way it was formated or the size of cluster used? some card specs are fast in some work task but now all maybe like read-write, copy-transfer etc.

anyways just use whatever works best for you :cowboy:

Reactions: InV15iblefrog

amateur_no1

Jan 1, 2011
Has anyone ported tytung's nexusHD2 ics v2.7 to nativesd? I'd like to try this rom by this new method. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

amateur_no1

Jan 1, 2011
I installef 2nd rom on ext4 and got bootloop? Which step am i missing?
Thanks

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk 2

bleui

Oct 16, 2010
what is the difference between the recovery files for SD (cwmtouch, cwr, twrp)?
can you also please make a tutorial on how to make multi boot using the recovery method, texts tutorial would be fine
thanks

amateur_no1

Jan 1, 2011
please give more info on your set up :eek:
which 2nd rom did you flash? ext size? recovery or touch?

Ext4 3gb free >2gb, i flashed cm9ite v1.1b as 2nd using ext4 recovery sd as i flash fisrt rom PA v2. Do i need to do some extra steps or install any extra apks? Iam using marldr and android on Nand.Thanks

Last edited:

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
Ext4 3gb free >2gb, i flashed cm9ite v1.1b as 2nd using ext4 recovery sd as i flash fisrt rom PA v2. Do i need to do some extra steps or install any extra apks? Iam using marldr and android on Nand.Thanks

where did you get cm9ite v1.1b?

as i sew this is the one that's available
CM9ight_leo_v1.1a_div2.zip - mirror (Flash via recovery)
md5: 6fff65279a80b4e06d5dbc7f14aa7ccf

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
I just flashed CM10 just now using EXT4Recovery on SD, no problem here. Try to DL the file again it might be a corrupted zip or try to see the md5 if they match.

=====================================================================================================================

what is the difference between the recovery files for SD (cwmtouch, cwr, twrp)?
can you also please make a tutorial on how to make multi boot using the recovery method, texts tutorial would be fine
thanks

AFAIK those are just the same ROM manager/ Recovery loaders but from different dev's or you can use either if your keys are not functioning twrp(team win recovery project). for multi boot just use the app "NativeSDmultiboot" in the first page, it will be like the one attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-14-13-41-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-14-13-41-31.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

bleui

Oct 16, 2010
I just flashed CM10 just now using EXT4Recovery on SD, no problem here. Try to DL the file again it might be a corrupted zip or try to see the md5 if they match.

=====================================================================================================================

AFAIK those are just the same ROM manager/ Recovery loaders but from different dev's or you can use either if your keys are not functioning twrp(team win recovery project). for multi boot just use the app "NativeSDmultiboot" in the first page, it will be like the one attached.
I meant, how to install multi ROM with recovery method. do you just boot to the recovery folder and install another ROM.zip? or use the NativeSDmultiboot apk and then install from there?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By now a lot may already know this by now

NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673
    many-many thanks to the devs & guys that gave us this!

But there are still a few out there that are new to this so here is what i did to make it simple to follow.

What's it about anyways, here one good answer from samsamuel

standard sd android runs from an image on the fat32 partition that pretends to be a file system, nativeSD actually installs to the EXT partition, and the phone/android treats it as a real filesystem. its the same as installing to nand, except as fast as or faster (assuming you have a nice fast card,) than nand, and it keeps the read/write pressure off the nand memory, reducing the potential for bad blocks.

what you need:
    - a good fast SD card, size depends on your needs (i tried a 4g Kingston that took forever to load, it could be fake/ damaged)
    - MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6
    - Download 4EXT Recovery from here. this is where the magic starts, thanks Xylograph/ securecrt
    - for multi-ROM selection , thanks datagr
    - for NativeSD Touch Recovery, backup & restore thanks tytung
    - How not to Google Play when using diffrent roms so as not to always go to Google Play

I assume you already have Magldr/ CWM in your HD2 & know your way around the Magldr Menu.

First we need to format the SD card so that it will contain two partitions, ALL DATA WILL BE DELETED. so do a backup/ copy of your card.
    - 1 FAT32 primary
    - 1 EXT4 primary

Be very careful when using the minitool partition as you can accidentally format/ delete your Hard Disk Partition.

Insert you SD card to your PC & run minitool partition, something like below will show. Make sure you select the right drive.
    1024.jpg

Right click on the drive & choose "delete" then apply the changes, Again make sure it's the right drive! You now have an "unallocated" partition.
    1024.jpg

right click on the drive again & choose "Create New Partition" & change the dropdown boxes as the options below. Now move the mouse to the end of the "Size and Location" table. click & hold then move to the LEFT to leave a space for the EXT4 which will be done latter. Size will depend on how many Roms yo plan to use & how many apps you plan to install. Click OK.
    1024.jpg

right click on the drive again that has the "Unallocated" space & choose "Create New Partition" & change the dropdown boxes as the options below. Remember it should be Primary & EXT4. Click OK
    1024.jpg

Click Apply & when it's done you should have 1 FAT32 & 1 EXT4 Partition
    1024.jpg

Another method of creating an EXT4 partition
    3a Use the provided 4EXT recovery (NAND or SD version) to create the partitions and format them.

copy the "TOUCH" or "TWRP" or "RECOVERY" folder your SD Card (they all do the same thing)
    no need to copy the others for now as it will be erased when you create/ format the EXT4 partition
    1024.jpg

& this should run, Tap on Advance
    1024.jpg

Tap on Partition SD card
    1024.jpg

Ext size. = press the + sign to go up, swap size is 0 & make sure to select EXT4 then tap Partition
    1024.jpg

this is what info you can see using the "Recovery" Folder method
    Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dear > Recovery (folder must be in SD root)
    1024.jpg

Time to Flash!

Tap Install, notice that the compatible ROMS for this methoid have a div2 or NativeSD designation, tap on the ROM you want to flash.
    1024.jpg

Make SURE the ROM you Tap is the correct one
    if you made a mistake tapping the incompatible ROM it will not go the Aroma installer but immediately will be flashed to NAND - erasing what ever you had there!
    1024.jpg

Install to SD-EXT
    1024.jpg

wait for it then your Done!
    1024.jpg

Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dir > NATIVESD
    1024.jpg

Run NativeSDBoot.apk, tap on whatever ROM you wan to BOOT to then re-start.
    HTH :cowboy:

& BTW don't forget to hit the Thanks Button for the Dev's & Guys who made/ ported those ROM's to become NativeSD :highfive:
    that's very helpful !:good:

just hit the thanks button if you find it helpful :highfive:
    okay so i did a little digging up, and the chef had given the partition size of 170mb and 5mb cache size, so that means(referring to your other tutorial) id first have to "wipe task29"
    not necessary
    and then reinstall magldr
    not necessary (unless you dont have '8 - ad recovery' in your current magldr menu)
    and partition it with the above mentioned numbers ? and then install it via the aroma installer on nand ? Is that the right way ? if it is, how do i partition it on magldr to 170mb ? cause there's 150mb 100mb and 200mb =/ no clk =(

correct. you can either use the nand toolkit, and on the list of sizes choose custom, then when it asks type 170, ,
    or you could use the 180, since that will allow extra space to allow for any bad blocks, or you can look for the file flash.cfg (not flash.cfg.txt, , make sure your windows settings are showing file extensions,,,, if you see 'flash' and 'flash.cfg', , then that is actually flash.cfg and flash.cfg.txt), , open flash.cfg in notepad, look for the system line, and change the value accordingly.
    NativeSDBoot Update!

many thanks to datagr for continuously updating this

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31759302&postcount=809

try to hit the thanks button :good:
    Screenshot_2012-09-20-02-37-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-20-02-37-23.jpg
    that's very helpful !:good: