New Market 3.0.26 working on Zio

Search This thread

jchapel

Apr 8, 2011
Denver
Don't wait... get the new Market on your Zio NOW!!!

Google Market now offers books and streaming movie rentals with a completely new theme. It is working fine with the openZio rom. The movie rentals will not stream while rooted, but you can use Universal Androot to unroot watch a movie, then reroot when your done watching the movie. There may be some issues with Titanium Backup and market links.

<Edit> titanium backup now supports the new version of market

Attachments

• com.android.vending-1.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 222
  • 20110713002846.jpg
    20110713002846.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 20110713003022.jpg
    20110713003022.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 185
  • 20110713003316.jpg
    20110713003316.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20110713003506.jpg
    20110713003506.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Reactions: loustu

jchapel

Apr 8, 2011
Denver
This will clear your Market History.

Clear market cache and force stop market

(Settings >Applications>Manage Applications
select Market then hit Clear cache and Force stop)

Use Root Explorer and delete

"/data/data/com.android.vending/databases/suggestions.db"

Negative! I pressed, settings -applications- manage applications- all applications- market, and the cache was already 0, forced stopped, home. Then market, magnifying glass (search), and WHAM- big o list of search history. I'm not "rooted" (shouldn't have to be to clear search history). Id try the root thing but I don't know how.

Now I'm so broke i can't even pay attention!

DarkkEnergy

Oct 17, 2010
I think that its time for you to save some money and start paying attention :p

You can't use root explorer until you root your phone because its an app for rooted phones only.

1. Get the Universal ANDroot app v1.6.2 beta 5: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=747598

2. Go to the android market and download Astro file manager (free version).

3. Copy and paste the Universal ANDroot apk to the root directory of your sd card (not inside other folders) via your usb cable.

4. In Astro manager, browse for the ANDroot apk and choose 'install.' If 'unknown sources' and USB debugging are unchecked then Astro will prompt you to enable them.

You can do it manually by going to /settings/applications/unknown sources and then to /settings/applications/development/USB debugging.

5. Once the installation begins, choose 'hard root' which is for the long term. Soft root temporarily roots your phone meaning that your phone will become unrooted after a reboot.

6. After rooting successfully, you will be given 'superuser' privileges. Apps that are for rooted phones will ask for permission to install and function.

7. Once your done rooting, deselect 'unknown sources' in settings. You don't need that feature enabled anymore for security precautions. Unknown sources allows the installation of non-market apps. First know what you download.

Finished! You can unroot your phone by using the ANDroot app and to unroot.

pomeroythomas

Apr 7, 2011
Harrisville
Where did he say he wasn't rooted? I must've missed that somewhere.

XD

BTW: Titanium Backup is now fully supporting the new market.

Sent from my Droid using XDA Premium App

jchapel

Apr 8, 2011
Denver
Negative! I pressed, settings -applications- manage applications- all applications- market, and the cache was already 0, forced stopped, home. Then market, magnifying glass (search), and WHAM- big o list of search history. I'm not "rooted" (shouldn't have to be to clear search history). Id try the root thing but I don't know how.

Now I'm so broke i can't even pay attention!

I am sorry if I was not clear. You have to clear the cache, force stop, then delete the file. You have to be rooted to do this.

You can also wait for history cleaner to be updated to support market again

Sent from my Zio using XDA Premium App

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
Any chance of finding the updater for this version and posting it please?

On 3.0.27 please!

Sent from my Ascend 2/M865 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

DarkkEnergy

Oct 17, 2010
The official release of Android Market 3.0 on the Zio is now available.

Doesn't the ascend 2 have the market 3 release as well?

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
I figured out that having it on SD with link2sd was giving me FC issues big time.....

Sent from my M865 using XDA Premium App

sinisin

Jan 3, 2011
Denver
You can watch movies on Market fine on Zio if you unroot, watch the movie and reroot before a reboot. FYI. Did it last night.

Sent from my Zio using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't wait... get the new Market on your Zio NOW!!!

Google Market now offers books and streaming movie rentals with a completely new theme. It is working fine with the openZio rom. The movie rentals will not stream while rooted, but you can use Universal Androot to unroot watch a movie, then reroot when your done watching the movie. There may be some issues with Titanium Backup and market links.

<Edit> titanium backup now supports the new version of market