How to Avoid a Bricked htc sensation unit.

Search This thread

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
After flashing the new firmware, what you need to do is take your battery out, connect your sd card to your laptop and delete the firmware file on your sd card. then you can put in the sd card, and proceed with flashing ARHD.

Reactions: anonymous0612

No. Try this:

"Remove the sd card from the phone
Hold volume-down + power to boot into bootloader.
Wait 10 seconds until the bootloader is fully loaded
Now your bootloader screen should read:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-xx.xx.xxxx.xxx
Insert the sd card now
Navigate with the volume button and select recovery with the power button
Wait for the recovery to boot
You are good to go, now you can flash the ROM.
Delete the PM58IMG.zip file from your sd card using your preferred file manager as soon as your phone has booted succesfully. You won't be able to boot into recovery normally until you delete this file. As a workaround use this method to enter into recovery mode."
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472298

anonymous0612

Dec 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
No. Try this:

"Remove the sd card from the phone
Hold volume-down + power to boot into bootloader.
Wait 10 seconds until the bootloader is fully loaded
Now your bootloader screen should read:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-xx.xx.xxxx.xxx
Insert the sd card now
Navigate with the volume button and select recovery with the power button
Wait for the recovery to boot
You are good to go, now you can flash the ROM.
Delete the PM58IMG.zip file from your sd card using your preferred file manager as soon as your phone has booted succesfully. You won't be able to boot into recovery normally until you delete this file. As a workaround use this method to enter into recovery mode."

i've already did this. still not booting the normal way.

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
so i really can't access my phone until i have flashed the ARHD. am i correct on this?

Click on the guide in my signature, Of course since you have already rooted you can skip the first few parts.
You should be able to use it, but you have to remember the first boatload usually takes 5-10 minutes.. have you tried waiting that long? and for me it is recommended that you flash ARHD before trying to use the phone. Since it is your first time, a Full wipe is recommended.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

one more thing bro, since your thread is the in the Q&A section, would be recommended if you add the [Q] on your thread title :)

anonymous0612

Dec 19, 2011
Click on the guide in my signature, Of course since you have already rooted you can skip the first few parts.
You should be able to use it, but you have to remember the first boatload usually takes 5-10 minutes.. have you tried waiting that long? and for me it is recommended that you flash ARHD before trying to use the phone. Since it is your first time, a Full wipe is recommended.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

one more thing bro, since your thread is the in the Q&A section, would be recommended if you add the [Q] on your thread title :)

I'll do this and keep you posted after i flashed the rom. on a related note, the rom that i downloaded has this file name "Android_Revolution_HD-Sensation_6.6.3_XE.zip.crdownload"
Should i delete .crdownload?

hm doesnt sound good.. maybe try clearing titanium backup data & try again ?! :)

or: silly, but did you put the folder back to sd-card? :p

anonymous0612

Dec 19, 2011
hm doesnt sound good.. maybe try clearing titanium backup data & try again ?! :)

or: silly, but did you put the folder back to sd-card? :p

i did not take it out of the sd card. however, i downloaded one app, temple run, and my stats were still there, the top score, the multiplier and others.

also, are you experiencing slow internet browsing. mine seems to be crappy

Where do you find the "manage application" in arhd 6.6.3?

Last edited:

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
is it okay to add the sony bravia engine support?

You could but I'm not sure what the difference is so I just said no to that, as for the file explore, its called esfile.. and the browser, use maxthon browser which comes with arhd.:) hope you enjoy your new ROM.. and trust me when I say this..the battery is just superb on this Rom! Cheers~

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

anonymous0612

Dec 19, 2011
You could but I'm not sure what the difference is so I just said no to that, as for the file explore, its called esfile.. and the browser, use maxthon browser which comes with arhd.:) hope you enjoy your new ROM.. and trust me when I say this..the battery is just superb on this Rom! Cheers~

I just decided not to dwell on fact that i lost the backup of all my user apps and all apk in my sd card. I must agree with you on this, rom is solid. Like it. Very fast.

Just one problem. The phone just heats up. Lower left portion of thd phone mostly. This happens even when i'm not playing anygames. Have read some thread here but would like to ask you if you've seem a more helpful thread or if you might have idea on have to address this.
Thank you in advance.

Leemur89

Jan 16, 2012
Putrajaya
I just decided not to dwell on fact that i lost the backup of all my user apps and all apk in my sd card. I must agree with you on this, rom is solid. Like it. Very fast.

Just one problem. The phone just heats up. Lower left portion of thd phone mostly. This happens even when i'm not playing anygames. Have read some thread here but would like to ask you if you've seem a more helpful thread or if you might have idea on have to address this.
Thank you in advance.

If i were you, i would just go straight to the source.. Go to the ARHD thread.. There are many helpful members there that are have a lot more knowledge about these things than i do:) glad you enjoy the ROM btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay. Been reading most of the thread here and thinking of just flashing the latest ARHD Rom. Almost all are comments are positive. I'm still noob in flashing. Given my current rom details above, how would i flash ARHD?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Those details won't suffice to determine what you need for flashing ARHD ...
    As you are running custom Rom I can say that you are soff...but to be sure can you post a screen shot of your bootloader that would be pretty helpful.

Also post your cid ...this you can get it by fastboot command
    "fastboot getvar cid"
    (Assuming you have fastboot/adb setup)

Also there is the best noob proof guide for flashing ARHD...chk that then you can flash any custom Rom easily

Here is the link to guide

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves
    After flashing the new firmware, what you need to do is take your battery out, connect your sd card to your laptop and delete the firmware file on your sd card. then you can put in the sd card, and proceed with flashing ARHD.
    so i really can't access my phone until i have flashed the ARHD. am i correct on this?

I'll do this and keep you posted after i flashed the rom. on a related note, the rom that i downloaded has this file name "Android_Revolution_HD-Sensation_6.6.3_XE.zip.crdownload"
    Should i delete .crdownload?

yup, should just be a .zip file
    is it okay to add the sony bravia engine support?