After upgrade to 9.2.1.24, were SOD/RR fixed for u ?

Search This thread

rashid11

Mar 4, 2010
If u have upgraded to 9.2.1.24 (released May 16 to US/TW), please let us know if your SOD/RR issues were fixed. Another annoying issue we had was Gmail crashing.

Last edited:

wingzero2085

Feb 27, 2011
The .24 update has been up for less than 24 hours, and you folks are saying that you've already experienced a random reboot and/or sleep of death? Wow -- surprising to see it come up so quickly. I hope you guys performed the cold boot (shut down, then power+vol down and then either wait or choose the cold boot option) as we were told to do after applying the update.

So far I can't say anything about whether its fixed or not. It hasn't been nearly long enough, and won't be for at least 2 weeks. Announcing that its "solved" before running for at least that long seems silly, given the past history on this issue.

For those reporting that it isn't solved for you -- perhaps you could explain what you had happen?

wingzero2085

Feb 27, 2011
Well, I can now confirm on at least one unit that the RR problem is still there, too (I have 2 TF101s in my house). OTA update was applied to a stock, unrooted TF101, cold booted, and about an hour ago it rebooted on its own. It was a full reboot and did not hang on the logo screen.

rashid11

Mar 4, 2010
dang ... I guess I will keep waiting for TF700 then, while enjoying the TF101 that I downgraded to HC few days ago ...

BTW, the TF300 seems to not be immune to SOD/RR either, bummer

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
any updates on screen tearing?

also, minor note to those having RR/SOD issues? you guys should seriously consider using the "test" kernel by guevor. i recommend 17 or 17c.

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
guess i'm gonna answer my own question....no more screen tears (for me anyway) with the new update. add that my guevor's custom kernel...and my ics is perfect.

w00ts!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 26, 2011
Mine's been on for almost 12 hours. No problems so far. Hearing people still having it though, makes me anticipate it happening.

illusionist84

Apr 27, 2012
Never had RR boot since last update and none since current update too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

yhw22

Dec 12, 2010
From yesterday til now is still running smoothly without any SOD/RR. I'm still monitoring.

Seranath

Mar 23, 2011
No RR or SOD for me so far. Didn't perform a cold boot yet.
But my Gmail App is kinda buggy. Sometimes it won't load new emails. Going back from reading one to the inbox is buggy, sometimes the app stucks und I have to close it using task killer :/

tonydevon

Mar 13, 2012
Devon
Serial No's

Can you add your serial numbers with your updates as some are Happy and some are clearly having problems.

May be helpful to others ?

sbiriguda

Feb 3, 2011
L'Aquila
But my Gmail App is kinda buggy. Sometimes it won't load new emails. Going back from reading one to the inbox is buggy, sometimes the app stucks und I have to close it using task killer :/
NVIDIA's fault, their GLESv2 library is buggy as hell (even to the point of crashing the Dalvik VM instance under which GMail is running).

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
ASUS UK is saying to perform the cold boot BEFORE updating now, conflicting the instructions to do it after the update.

Quote:
All users MUST perform this before installing the new update. Post below if you have any issues with performing the cold boot and we’ll see if we can help you out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They posted this way before the update was pushed, not their faults that you don't read.

As for a custom ROM I have had no problems with AOKP. All the features of the stock ROM with actual stabiIity.

You won't get Gmail issues on a custom ROM.

No, It's Asus fault for not making a pop up as part of the upgrade on the device "cold boot before installing this upgrade" Not all of us go to the Asus site every damn day looking for posts from them! If your device says "upgrade available" most people just hit the "upgrade now" button.
    Installed .24, cold booted, and have experienced one RR and Gmail issues in the first few hours of use. No SOD yet thankfully.
    So far, so good...

40 Hour uptime here so far and not one RR or SOD yet. I would of had 2 or 3 by now on the last build.....hoping it lasts....
    Does anyone know how to perform a cold boot with cwm installed?

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk 2

The same way you would do it without it installed. Volume Down + Power then let it do its thing.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

No, It's Asus fault for not making a pop up as part of the upgrade on the device "cold boot before installing this upgrade" Not all of us go to the Asus site every damn day looking for posts from them! If your device says "upgrade available" most people just hit the "upgrade now" button.

Sorry, you have a problem with an update you look for a solution which they posted. If you have no problems why would you cold boot? Just making more update steps that the average consumer doesn't need/want.