Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Post 1 - Information
Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC First. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
- Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
- Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
- Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
- Install Recoveries
  • User Provided Recoveries
  • CWM Classic
  • TWRP
Kernels
  • User provided kernels
- Link to this thread
- Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
- Link to the One Development thread
- Boot Into Recovery/Bootloader/Phone
- Flash kernel/recovery/RUU zip
- Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
- APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
- Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
3. Extract the folder anywhere.
4. Run the program.

Credits
- The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
- Flyhalf205 for building CWM
- Devs for making us ROMS!
- The community for being awesome!
- HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
- To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Bugs
- Directory has to have one word.
Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
- Kernels
- More recoveries
- Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.

ron1n541

Oct 9, 2009
Where is the RUU Zip? DO we not have one? I need to flash the stock recovery back so please help.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I really should stop using dev host. It's down every other day. If I can get another file hoster with ftp support, that would be awesome

Sent From My HTC One via Someone's Room ;)

I can hook you up on androidfiles.org if you want...hit me up on gtalk if interested

Sent from my M7 using xda premium

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So there's an OTA out there (19.8MB, nothing big), but when it rebooted to update, it got stuck in CWM and I couldn't flash it there. I intended to pull the zip so we could make it flashable (and by "we", I mean someone more skilled than I), but I don't see it on the phone when it's plugged in, and when I check Software Update again, it says no update is available.

I'm well aware that flashing the OTA will likely kill root for me, but at this point, I don't really care. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the few bugs I'm having with the phone, and that's more than worth losing root over for me.

EDIT:
Posted the update in the development forum.

Last edited:

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
So there's an OTA out there (19.8MB, nothing big), but when it rebooted to update, it got stuck in CWM and I couldn't flash it there. I intended to pull the zip so we could make it flashable (and by "we", I mean someone more skilled than I), but I don't see it on the phone when it's plugged in, and when I check Software Update again, it says no update is available.

I'm well aware that flashing the OTA will likely kill root for me, but at this point, I don't really care. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the few bugs I'm having with the phone, and that's more than worth losing root over for me.

EDIT:
Posted the update in the development forum.

I will make it flashable soon. I pulled the ota off my device. I just need to go back to stock. I will work on it tomorrow

Oh, I took a peek at it and it just seems like it's video type of update. Just updating a bunch of libs. I haven't checked to see if new firmware is in it yet

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
Well, I'm no noob when it comes to working with HTC devices as I successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted my One X with no problems back in the day. However, I'm running into a problem with the HTC First. I have unlocked the bootloader, and I am attempting to use the Toolkit to install a custom recovery. Unfortunately, when I try to do so, it gives me the following text:

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\First_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>

After that it just hangs there and doesn't do anything. I'm not quite sure why it's doing that, nor do I understand why it's trying to access a non-existent folder in C:\

Any insight would be much appreciated. :)

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Well, I'm no noob when it comes to working with HTC devices as I successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted my One X with no problems back in the day. However, I'm running into a problem with the HTC First. I have unlocked the bootloader, and I am attempting to use the Toolkit to install a custom recovery. Unfortunately, when I try to do so, it gives me the following text:

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\First_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>

After that it just hangs there and doesn't do anything. I'm not quite sure why it's doing that, nor do I understand why it's trying to access a non-existent folder in C:\

Any insight would be much appreciated. :)

It doesn't like the spaces. Put it at c:/ and try again

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

Reactions: RCon227

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
It doesn't like the spaces. Put it at c:/ and try again

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

Thanks for responding. I couldn't quite figure it out so I ended up ditching the tool-kit method and manually flashing it through command prompt.

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
All you had to do was look at post 3 of this thread and it mentioned the bug.

I read all the posts before hand. I wasnt convinced that it was the same thing because mine didnt show Users/John as your example did. My computers username is Admin yet when I ran the toolkit it showed it was trying to access Documents which is a non-existent folder on my desktop. That's what I didnt understsnd.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I read all the posts before hand. I wasnt convinced that it was the same thing because mine didnt show Users/John as your example did. My computers username is Admin yet when I ran the toolkit it showed it was trying to access Documents which is a non-existent folder on my desktop. That's what I didnt understsnd.

Well, it did say this

edxmon

Mar 20, 2011
adb won't recognize my phone. I use the toolkit to install the HTC drivers, but when I run the first script it get a "device not found message"

I'll try this on my laptop, see if it makes a difference. I have rooted many phones with this computer: Xperia X8, Xperia Sola, Atrix 4G, Atrix 2 and adb has always shown something when I run "adv devices" command.

I'm open to suggestions though! I'm running windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, in case this information in useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC First. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • CWM Classic
    • TWRP
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
    - Link to the One Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery/Bootloader/Phone
    - Flash kernel/recovery/RUU zip
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Flyhalf205 for building CWM
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 4-20-2013
    - Initial Release
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    this doesnt work. ive followed it to a teeeeeeee...... it doesnt mention anywere that u have to be in bootloader.. do you? sooo,download this file,go from left to right...those instructions do absolutly nothing. this toolkit does nothing but frustrate.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

show us how to dich the tool kit!!!! pls!!!! show us how to use the "command prompt"

This is for those of you having trouble rooting with the HTC First All-In-One Toolkit.

Pre-Requisites

*You must already have your bootloader unlocked to use this method. Unlocking your bootloader is a very easy process and the HTC Dev site walks you through each step.*

***I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device. I ONLY recommend using this method if you understand what you are doing.***

- Download the Toolkit if you haven't already. Then you'll want to unzip it and place it on your desktop.

- Under Start, My Computer, Local Disc (C:\) make sure you have a folder named fastboot with SDK manager/SDK files (adb/fastboot files). Most of you should already have these files and a fastboot folder. If not, let me know and I will assist you in geting them.

- Make sure you have the proper drivers for your HTC First already installed.

Steps

1) Open the folder where you have extracted the HTC First All-In-One Toolkit. You should have the First.exe and a folder named Data.

2) Open the folder named Data. Inside you will want to look for 2 folders. One is named SU and the other is named Recoveries. These should be the first 2 folders.

3) Open the folder named SU and inside you will see SuperSU.zip. Move this file onto your desktop for now.

4) Go back and open the folder named Recoveries. Inside you will see your 2 recovery options: CWM.img and TWRP.img

5) Choose the one you want (Clockworkmod or Team Winn Recovery) and move it into your folder named fastboot under Start, My Computer, Local Disc (C:\) and then the folder itself fastboot.

6) After moving your choice of recovery into the fastboot folder, rename it recovery.img

7) Close everything out and go back to your desktop and plug your phone in via MTP connection so that you can transfer the SuperSU.zip folder from your desktop to the base/root of your internal SD card.

8) When you finish moving the file and safely disconnecting your phone from the computer, power off your device.

9) Once the phone is fully powered off, hold volume down and power to boot into the bootloader/hboot (make sure you start holding volume before power or it will power on normally).

- Since your bootloader should be unlocked you should be familiar with the bootloader and its selection mechanics. Using volume down, navigate to Fastboot and use power to select it.

10) Plug your device into the computer and set it aside. It should run through the drivers unless of course it already recognized them as installed.

11) Once the drivers finish or if it already recognizes them, open up command prompt.

- Depending on your version of windows it will either be Start, Run, cmd, Enter -OR- Start, type cmd in the search box (Vista or W7), Enter.

12) Run the following command: cd c:\fastboot

- You should now see C:\fastboot> which indicates that it has identified the fastboot folder.

13) Run the command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (yes, type recovery twice)

- It should show that it is flashing the recovery along with its progress in doing so. Once it finishes the device should reboot.

14) Once your device reboots, power it off once again. Using the same method as indicated in step 9, boot into the bootloader.

- This time, instead of fastboot, navigate to recovery with the volume down key, select it with the power button.

15) The phone should then boot up into the recovery you chose and flashed earlier on. Once it boots the recovery, choose to install zip from sd card and flash the SuperSU.zip.

-When it finishes flashing the zip, reboot your phone and voila, you now have either CWM or TWRP recovery and root access.

:)
    I really should stop using dev host. It's down every other day. If I can get another file hoster with ftp support, that would be awesome

I can hook you up on androidfiles.org if you want...hit me up on gtalk if interested