Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Set to Receive an Update

Search This thread

alexp1289

Nov 18, 2011
Moto G Power
Just throwing this out there because there's bound to be one of you to take the update and lose root. Don't do it till someone has a root method if one is needed. But this should be common sense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
Maybe it will fix those low radio power outputs that were noted from the FCC filings...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

waleed300

I'm so fed up with the "your internet connection is unstable" notifications that I would give up root for a fix.

You said it, you and I both!! I don't know if it's just me or my area, but Verizon's 4G has gotten worse than it has ever been! I don't know whether it is a lack of optimization on the towers not having any back haul capabilities and getting congested? Or if the last 4 phones I've had in the past two months all just sucked, including a GS4, LG G2, and two Note 3's, I'm betting Verizon is just starting to suck plain and simple! I barely get above 2-3 Mbps, and that's if I'm lucky, otherwise my speeds are generally under 1 Mbps, yes 3G speeds! I feel like I'm on Sprint all over again. May be time to switch to T-Mobile!!

BA0714

Feb 23, 2012
You said it, you and I both!! I don't know if it's just me or my area, but Verizon's 4G has gotten worse than it has ever been! I don't know whether it is a lack of optimization on the towers not having any back haul capabilities and getting congested? Or if the last 4 phones I've had in the past two months all just sucked, including a GS4, LG G2, and two Note 3's, I'm betting Verizon is just starting to suck plain and simple! I barely get above 2-3 Mbps, and that's if I'm lucky, otherwise my speeds are generally under 1 Mbps, yes 3G speeds! I feel like I'm on Sprint all over again. May be time to switch to T-Mobile!!

I agree you you on that! Before my data use to be faster then my home Internet but now it's the other way around. Like wtf man 4g lite is slower then my home Internet. And yes I live in a good area where I have 4 to 5 bars! Hoping thus update fixes that issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Ktheman

Dec 10, 2013
Just had the notification for the OTA update pushed to my phone about 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping it will be as easy as running OTA Rootkeeper, like it was last time.

DLCPhoto

Nov 12, 2009
www.dlcphoto.com
Just got my GN3 4 days ago, and am apparently one of the lucky ones. Great battery life, everything just works. Also works perfectly with my Blueant S4 Visor unit, so that S-Voice handles everything perfectly, enabling completely handsfree operation for calls, texts, etc.

My question here is how would I go back to what I have now, should I decide to take the update, and it breaks something that is currently working fine now. That wouldn't be the first time an update broke something.

I have no need for root, so that is not a concern for me.

Thanks.

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
I'm so fed up with the "your internet connection is unstable" notifications that I would give up root for a fix.

I had a bunch of that when I first got the Note 3 ... finally decided to fix my Internet problems and I don't get it any more... Went out and got a new router and modem that weren't 2 years old and all is well now...

and yes... all my other devices "seemed to work fine" on my old router setup... but then my other devices weren't as advanced as this thing is and had no way of letting me know i had instabilities in my connectivity.

vincey2kr1

Sep 3, 2010
Use to like updates but my note 3 has been great worried this is actually going to break non root WiFi tether through foxfi.. *Running stock for once and actually liking it

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Just had the notification for the OTA update pushed to my phone about 10 minutes ago. I'm hoping it will be as easy as running OTA Rootkeeper, like it was last time.

I had the update notification show up as well.
I haven't done it yet.....waiting to see if root is still possible (kingo or other method).
I believe when the last update hit, it was said that OTA RootKeeper did not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    working on flashable version of mje stock root should have it up soon :)
    How were you able to get Triangle Away to get rid of the "Custom" at the bootloader screen? I've got it installed and it shows Current Status as:

Code:
    Counter: 0
    Binary: Official
    Device: SM-N900V
    System: Modified

I tried turning on the "System modified workaround", but that didn't change anything for me. :(
    Right underneath that status, there's a "Flash reset counter"
    Just click it, accept the warning... etc. Then reboot.
    Worked for me.
    Just did the OTA update. Checked save root on super user. Everything went good and still have root.

I pulled the update.zip and stuck it my Dropbox if anyone wants it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8119920/12-10-13-N3_update.zip
    Just throwing this out there because there's bound to be one of you to take the update and lose root. Don't do it till someone has a root method if one is needed. But this should be common sense.