[GUIDE] ROOT Gionee Elife E7 (16/32 GB)

Search This thread

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
you have uninstalled some system app. re install stock ROM with flash tool and then try to update. though i would like to point out that the update is almost useless. it contains some extra theme and Fahrenheit temp unit only

bro checkout my posts in elife e7 community on fb..The current upgrade is of amigo 2.1.2 which has optimized the whole UI which we called lagging or sluggish. U can check for ur self...How can I say this...ppl from philipines got this upgrade as amigo 2.1.2 with the same size apporx 107 i dont remember...

Reactions: 971006

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
bro checkout my posts in elife e7 community on fb..The current upgrade is of amigo 2.1.2 which has optimized the whole UI which we called lagging or sluggish. U can check for ur self...How can I say this...ppl from philipines got this upgrade as amigo 2.1.2 with the same size apporx 107 i dont remember...

Hmm after you said i uninstalled adw launcher and noticed changes. They are definately an improvement honestly though i dont like miui/amigo much due to chinese/applish feel they give

Reactions: xs400

ztobs

Jan 11, 2012
Please help me. I upgraded my gionee e7 32gb to official kitkat now i cant root it again. The normal proceedures dont work. What can i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,
    This is a tutorial for rooting your Gionee Elife E7.
    THIS WORKED ON MY INDIAN GIONEE E7 32 GB MODEL. I CANNOT GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU.

All you have to do is.
    1) Go to: www.shuame.com

2) Download latest Shuame PC client.
    Or
    Google "ShuameSetup_2.0.2"
    Install it, It's in Chinese,
    choose your pref. Install location,
    Tick the license agreement box (If unticked)
    hit the BLUE BUTTON!

3) Now download the attached file from:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49775640&postcount=39
    And don't forget to thank him!

4) Extract the "shuame_EN.exe" from it in the Shauame application directory
    (Place where you installed Shuame).
    It will ask Administrator permission to write to system directory, grant it.

5) Now launch the "shuame_EN.exe"

6) Enable 'USB debugging' in your phone.

7) Plug your phone into PC.
    Now wait for a while till Windows installs the drivers, grant Administrative permissions when required.
    When it's all done, it will install Shuame app to your phone and open it up, it's in Chinese, ignore it.

8) Once you see your phone's specs listed on screen, with your screen at left, Click on the "Root" button at TOP
    (It has an Android with a Patch on it's right eye)

9) On your phone you might receive warnings from Google, tick the box and give it permission.
    (May or may not happen)

10) Once done you will get a prompt on the screen confirming your root!

It installs an app called "Kinguser". Its similar to SuperSu or Super User, You can off course remove it using Ti Back and install your fav. root manager. But I would suggest sticking with it as it works just fine.

!!ENJOY!!

Credits go out to those who made this app and the person who translated it motuslechat
    Ok.. So Any custom recovery is available ?

Sent from my E7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just created a recovery using Recovery Builder, but it gets stuck at Boot logo. I reflashed to stock for now.
    Hi all, I have rooted my e7 32gb model using above procedure, but now I am trying to update my Elife e7 but getting error message as 'assert failed: apply_patch_check system/build.prop'. Installation Aborted.
    plz help !!

you have uninstalled some system app. re install stock ROM with flash tool and then try to update. though i would like to point out that the update is almost useless. it contains some extra theme and Fahrenheit temp unit only

Hmm after you said i uninstalled adw launcher and noticed changes. They are definately an improvement honestly though i dont like miui/amigo much due to chinese/applish feel they give