[APP] Android Wear Force Closing

Search This thread

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Just got my G watch today, setting everything up and I go to open android wear.. and it constantly force closes. I've searched around.. and it seems to be issues with Security and Exchange services... but... I don't have any of that on my phone. I don't have any exchange services that I use... that I know of. I used Cloud Mail for my yahoo... Which i uninstalled and installed the stock email app from the play store... still force closes.

Uninstalled all my extra sync accounts (Soundcloud, pushbullet, twitter, etc) in hopes that maybe one of those would be causing it.

So i've been sitting here looking at the watch saying "Please install android wear on your device" since it got here at 3PM (granted i was at work till 9) and I've just about had it.

Any ideas how to get this crap to work? :mad:

Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 Paranoid Rastakat on ART runtime, with Faux Kernel. Don't see how this would effect it.. but just throwing it out there. FYI, it works fine on my mothers S3 for some reason.. does Android Wear not work with ART? That would be kind of stupid...

Last edited:

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
Could be art. Did you enable wear in settings, security, notification access?

ce06595aa7335436697ad4597f0bc3fb.jpg

Jan 6, 2011
near Aachen
Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 Paranoid Rastakat on ART runtime, with Faux Kernel. Don't see how this would effect it.. but just throwing it out there. FYI, it works fine on my mothers S3 for some reason.. does Android Wear not work with ART? That would be kind of stupid...

I think it is the ROM. If the Watch works fine with your moms device, it is for sure a Problem on your Phone.
As far as I remeber to have seen somewhere in the forums, ART will not work. But maybe it is something different?

I use the "original" PA 4.45 ROM on my N5 and it's working perfect (Not using ART). No Battery drain or any other issues.
So maybe do a Backup and try an other ROM or go back to Dalvik and have a try again. I am sure it will work fine then.

Reactions: ÜBER™

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I think it is the ROM. If the Watch works fine with your moms device, it is for sure a Problem on your Phone.
As far as I remeber to have seen somewhere in the forums, ART will not work. But maybe it is something different?

I use the "original" PA 4.45 ROM on my N5 and it's working perfect (Not using ART). No Battery drain or any other issues.
So maybe do a Backup and try an other ROM or go back to Dalvik and have a try again. I am sure it will work fine then.
It was in fact the ROM. Flashed PA over it and it worked fine. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.