[GAPPS][5.1.X][5.0.X][4.4.X] Open GApps for Stock

Search This thread

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Introducing Open GApps for Stock
This package aims to help everyone that wants to integrate updates to the GApps into their ROM without the risks of Titanium Backup.
It was originally a fork of the work of TKruzze and it's now part of the Open GApps project.
Some things changed from the old PA GApps package to accommodate the installation on stock ROMs. The largest part of the changes is not visible to the user, but I would like to list them here:
• All the libchrome libs from /system/lib and /system/lib64 are now removed.
• The sizes of the apps are now directly measured from the zip, thus resulting in a more accurate estimation of the occupied space.
• The Google Email client (the one that became a stub following an update on the Play store) will be removed if Gmail is going to be installed.
• Android System WebView has been added to the Stock package.

The gapps-config functionality is still here and can be used to exclude some apps or to reduce the package to a smaller size.

GApps for Stock joined the Open GApps project and became Open GApps for Stock

It's just like the standard Open GApps stock package with the added ability to flash over Stock ROMs. This new package is called "fornexus" and is intended to use on Nexus devices with Stock ROMs from Google. Open GApps for stock is now included in the main code of the OpenGApps project, so you can now flash the stock package or smaller ones directly on your Nexus device. The compatibility with other ROMs is not guaranteed, but you can ask for help here (and not in the Open GApps thread) providing the debug logs (found in the same folder of the ZIP file) and I can tell you if your problem derives from a complete incompatibility or can be solved by me.

Download available now! (Post #3)

Last edited:

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Thanks to the joining with the Open GApps project, this package is now available for both arm and arm64 devices, from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Download:
You can find the latest version from the website OpenGApps.org
You can download now any package and if a Stock ROM is detected, it will switch to the "for Stock" mode.

Last edited:

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Gapps for Stock 20150501 released
Changelog:
• The package has been tested (on my Nexus 5 using gapps-config to reduce the size) and all went fine. I can say it's safe to install.
Google Play Music updated to version 5.9.1853R.1893462
Google Play Newsstand updated to version 3.4.0 (2015040709)
Google App (Search) updated to version 4.5.13.19.arm
Maps updated to version 9.8.1

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Gapps for Stock 20150525 released
Changelog:
Android System WebView updated to version 43.0.2357.76
Docs updated to version 1.4.192.11.36
Drive updated to version 2.2.183.17.36
Exchange Services updated to version 6.5-1791555
Gmail updated to version 5.2.93937770
Google Play Books updated to version 3.4.9
Google Play Games updated to version 3.0.11 (1917563-03X)
Google Play Movies updated to version 3.8.8
Google Play Music updated to version 5.9.1854R.1904527
Google Play Newsstand updated to version 3.4.0 (2015040712)
Google Play services updated to version 7.5.71 (1955121-43X)
Google Play Store updated to version 5.5.12
Google App (Search) updated to version 4.6.10.19.arm
Google+ updated to version 5.5.0.93566200
Keep updated to version 3.1.204.00
Maps updated to version 9.9.0
Sheets updated to version 1.4.192.08.36
Slides updated to version 1.2.192.12.36
Sound Search downgraded to version 1.1.8
TalkBack updated to version 4.2.0
YouTube updated to version 10.20.55

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
Gapps for Stock 20150529 released
Changelog:
Android System WebView updated to version 43.0.2357.86
Chrome updated to version 43.0.2357.78
Fit added to Full and Stock package
Google+ updated to version 5.6.0.94508375
Google Play Store updated to version 5.6.6
Photos added to Stock package

Reactions: jesus_c

mrshark

Apr 3, 2007
hi!
great idea, finally!
i tried the stock_gapps-5.0.1-20150529 package on stock OnePlus cm12S latest official rom, and have FC on both gmail and calendar just after boot... attach logs...
as i was on a different gapps package, i've done what usually needs to be done:
wipe cache+dalvik+system
flashed stock rom+gapps (+kernel, mooab and supersu)
wipe cache+dalvik again

Attachments

• stock_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
    74.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
hi!
great idea, finally!
i tried the stock_gapps-5.0.1-20150529 package on stock OnePlus cm12S latest official rom, and have FC on both gmail and calendar just after boot... attach logs...

The problem is that your ROM includes some GApps in non standard paths and you now have Google Calendar and Gmail installed two times in /system. Can you test if also Google CloudPrint is crashing while I build and upload the new package?

mrshark

Apr 3, 2007
The problem is that your ROM includes some GApps in non standard paths and you now have Google Calendar and Gmail installed two times in /system. Can you test if also Google CloudPrint is crashing while I build and upload the new package?
never activated it, even if installed, but the constant FCs were of gmail and calendar... i can't try now, passed 2 hours in testing and now battery is gone and charging :D
do you plan to fix this, if you can? Other gapps packages don't install at all or i've to remove many apps because they fill the system partition (even if i successfully flashed about EVERYTHING using your package)...

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
never activated it, even if installed, but the constant FCs were of gmail and calendar... i can't try now, passed 2 hours in testing and now battery is gone and charging :D
do you plan to fix this, if you can? Other gapps packages don't install at all or i've to remove many apps because they fill the system partition (even if i successfully flashed about EVERYTHING using your package)...

GApps are meant to be installed on top of AOSP ROMs that do not include already some of the Google Apps. Your ROM is not an AOSP ROM, but my package is meant to be installed on top of Stock ROMs, that already include GApps. The problem is that your ROM not only includes some GApps, but they're also in the wrong location, and installing a GApps package would bring to conflicts. I updated my package to remove the GApps installed in your ROM too, so that there should be no more FCs. Also you'll gain another 34MB of space to include even more GApps to your config (you don't have to exclude TalkBack and Messenger anymore if you want). The updated package is currently uploading and will be available tomorrow or later today, depending on your timezone.

mrshark

Apr 3, 2007
GApps are meant to be installed on top of AOSP ROMs that do not include already some of the Google Apps. Your ROM is not an AOSP ROM, but my package is meant to be installed on top of Stock ROMs, that already include GApps. The problem is that your ROM not only includes some GApps, but they're also in the wrong location, and installing a GApps package would bring to conflicts. I updated my package to remove the GApps installed in your ROM too, so that there should be no more FCs. Also you'll gain another 34MB of space to include even more GApps to your config (you don't have to exclude TalkBack and Messenger anymore if you want). The updated package is currently uploading and will be available tomorrow or later today, depending on your timezone.
thanks a lot, you're great! There's no other packages that allow to keep gapps in rom updated in stock roms that already have them, like OPO cm12s...
i didn't remove those apps for lack of space (there are STILL 136mbs free, even though i flashed the big STOCK package and other personal stuff like franco kernel, mooab adblocker, maxxaudio and supersu, too)... i removed talkback because don't use it, and messenger because i use hangout, instead :)
what do you think of EMAIL? in stock rom it's named EMAIL, but it's really BOXER, the email client made by cyanogen and released as full app just for OPO... do i have to explicit put a line like "+Email" in config or it's left untouched, as email is the stub for the old email client made by google?
tomorrow i'll download and flash your new gapps package, thanks again! :)

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
thanks a lot, you're great! There's no other packages that allow to keep gapps in rom updated in stock roms that already have them, like OPO cm12s...
i didn't remove those apps for lack of space (there are STILL 136mbs free, even though i flashed the big STOCK package and other personal stuff like franco kernel, mooab adblocker, maxxaudio and supersu, too)... i removed talkback because don't use it, and messenger because i use hangout, instead :)
what do you think of EMAIL? in stock rom it's named EMAIL, but it's really BOXER, the email client made by cyanogen and released as full app just for OPO... do i have to explicit put a line like "+Email" in config or it's left untouched, as email is the stub for the old email client made by google?
tomorrow i'll download and flash your new gapps package, thanks again! :)

Boxer will not be removed and +Email is unnecessary. However I added the Boxer keyword to remove the CM Email client if someone wants to.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing Open GApps for Stock
    This package aims to help everyone that wants to integrate updates to the GApps into their ROM without the risks of Titanium Backup.
    It was originally a fork of the work of TKruzze and it's now part of the Open GApps project.
    Some things changed from the old PA GApps package to accommodate the installation on stock ROMs. The largest part of the changes is not visible to the user, but I would like to list them here:
    • All the libchrome libs from /system/lib and /system/lib64 are now removed.
    • The sizes of the apps are now directly measured from the zip, thus resulting in a more accurate estimation of the occupied space.
    • The Google Email client (the one that became a stub following an update on the Play store) will be removed if Gmail is going to be installed.
    • Android System WebView has been added to the Stock package.

The gapps-config functionality is still here and can be used to exclude some apps or to reduce the package to a smaller size.

GApps for Stock joined the Open GApps project and became Open GApps for Stock

It's just like the standard Open GApps stock package with the added ability to flash over Stock ROMs. This new package is called "fornexus" and is intended to use on Nexus devices with Stock ROMs from Google. Open GApps for stock is now included in the main code of the OpenGApps project, so you can now flash the stock package or smaller ones directly on your Nexus device. The compatibility with other ROMs is not guaranteed, but you can ask for help here (and not in the Open GApps thread) providing the debug logs (found in the same folder of the ZIP file) and I can tell you if your problem derives from a complete incompatibility or can be solved by me.

Download available now! (Post #3)
    FAQ:
    Some Frequently asked Questions about the Open GApps package can be found here. If you don't find your question in the FAQs, you can post it here and you will be answered.

This post will be populated with the time as questions arise.
    Thanks to the joining with the Open GApps project, this package is now available for both arm and arm64 devices, from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
    Download:
    You can find the latest version from the website OpenGApps.org
    You can download now any package and if a Stock ROM is detected, it will switch to the "for Stock" mode.
    Gapps for Stock 20150501 released
    Changelog:
    • The package has been tested (on my Nexus 5 using gapps-config to reduce the size) and all went fine. I can say it's safe to install.
    Google Play Music updated to version 5.9.1853R.1893462
    Google Play Newsstand updated to version 3.4.0 (2015040709)
    Google App (Search) updated to version 4.5.13.19.arm
    Maps updated to version 9.8.1
    Yes, 5.0 only, 5.1 version will come out in the near future.