UPDATED 29/2 - iPhone-ish v4.2 Theme for PocketCM 0.20 - Green, White, YBLaze8

Search This thread

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
What is iPhone-ish?
I am using a customized iPhone-ish theme for my device and wanted to share it here:

I prefer to have my contact's phone number as my second line (as opposed to the company name as in other similar themes) hence the continuation of the iPhone-ish themes however, we have converged so much that there are only a few minor differences.

iPhone-ish Specific
:: Bolded First Line in contact list ::
:: Phone number on second line, instead of company name ::
:: Favourite 'star' overlay graphic on Contact Details Page ::
:: No outlining of Favourite picture on contact detail page ::
:: Small Button Mauve ::
:: 'Star' Favorite indicator in contact list (v2.2+) ::
:: Cleaned up graphics thanks to Davehutch (v2.6+) ::
:: new back button (v4.0) ::

v4.2 now available. It supports PocketCM v0.20 only.

Fixed in this release:
- Green (thanks brambk) and White sms bubble themes
- Edit box categories fix
- Add contact from sms page fix
- Header SIP menu fix
- Phonepad fix
- Smaller theme file
- New SMS Text bubbles and several other fixes.

Screenshots thanks to nanastas

See the known issues section below for remaining items.

Please do not post adaptations/changes to this theme without PM'ing me first. I want to complete it before we start creating copies.

Be sure to check out my other themes:
iPhone-ish: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=356092
HTC-ish: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=359817
Vista-ish: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1953696
PointUI-ish: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=357389

Release History:
v3.0 and earlier:
- Theme for pocketCM 0.18 only
- Discontinued version

v4.x: (Feb 20, 2008 AM)
- Support for PocketCM 0.20 only
- New SMS Text Bubbles
- Several bug fixes
- YBLaze8's version of the theme added (new sms bubbles) - FEB29th

Known Issues:
V4.2:

- Dialer not supported in Landscape mode
- Phonepad alignment is not perfect
- I am sure there are other bugs, let me know what you find

Installation:
To Install, copy the appropriate theme file to the pocketcm folder and then select 'Theme' from options in pocketcm.

Credits:
Credits go to Torx-Tevelopment, brambk, ExtraDuckSauce, Anja31, Olioaglio, lightbiter, YBLaze8, DaveHutch and of course TENE!.

Enjoy

DvT

Attachments

• English.lang.ini.txt
    140 bytes · Views: 1,984
  • SMS.jpg
    SMS.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7,417
Last edited:

tomazez

Jun 25, 2007
leusden, holland
screenshots can be found on the other torx development page,
I garantee you that it is exactly like the iphone, the colours, buttons almost everything,
got to say thanks!

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
Nice theme.
Problem though with sending e-mail. I select a contact, select there account, choose message store. The to section sometimes will work and show there e-mail and sometimes will not. Also the Pocketcm slides in and covers up the section where the body of my e-mail would be. Not sure if it was the english ini that did this or a bug with .18. Seems to happen in all themes now and i hadn't checked it until after installing your theme so it may just be a .18 bug.

robbyr

Sep 30, 2006
Reno
I LOVE IT!!! But...

REVISED
:: sms panel colors to match the iPhone colors (kind of)
:: letter scroll color now bright blue
:: settings menu, items not overlapping anymore
:: contact details: first line: last, first name; second line: company
:: white background on the notes page

-
EDS

I LOVE IT!!! But... I can't get it to send a text message. when I click the field to start entering text, a lot of errors pop up and I have to soft reset. I have tried this with different keyboards too with the same problem. Any ideas??

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
I LOVE IT!!! But... I can't get it to send a text message. when I click the field to start entering text, a lot of errors pop up and I have to soft reset. I have tried this with different keyboards too with the same problem. Any ideas??

This is a bug with v0.18 of PocketCM.

A temporary workaround is to select your theme and then do a soft reset so that PocketCM will load with the new theme pre-selected when you re-start it.

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
v1.3 (Jan 3, 2008)
- Fixed bug with the loading of the favorites not showing the favorite icon properly
- Fixed notes page colours

Last edited:

superflysocal

Jul 31, 2007

REVISED
:: sms panel colors to match the iPhone colors (kind of)
:: letter scroll color now bright blue
:: settings menu, items not overlapping anymore
:: contact details: first line: last, first name; second line: company
:: white background on the notes page

-
EDS

i like this, but you don't have some of the fixes of the dvtonder version 1.3 , like the favorites icon. also, for some reason, pocketcm runs a little slower with the eds theme compared to dvtonder theme, maybe it is just my imagination.

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
Can I ask that we keep this thread for discussing my theme (iPhone-DVT) as the topic clearly indicates, that way I can make fixes and adjustments as needed rather than intermixing discussions on 2 or more different themes.

acc0101

Dec 13, 2007
There is a bug actually.
When I scrolled the sms, there was a "Add Contacts" bar overlapped the screen
12.jpg

DvTonder

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2007
Toronto
its Torx-Tevelopment

lets get that straight.

Updated the appropriate text as requested.

I made it very clear that I respect your work by stating clearly that credit goes to you (pardon the typo) for the original theme. I also left the original readme.txt file in the theme which clearly indicates this was your original work.

We are all working at making our devices and more specifically PocketCM better and I see no problem with me sharing my tweaks and bug fixes as long as credit is given where credit is due.

Last edited:

extraducksauce

Jan 25, 2007
jeez, i didn't realize that this was going to cause such a stir. holy crap. IMHO, i didn't think that this forum needed ANOTHER thread dedicated PocketCM and specifically to Torx Tevelopments iPhone theme. i liked the DVT revision and changes, so i went a step further with some color changes. sorry if i stole anyone's thunder and i humbly apologize. anyhow . . . ALL respect should go to TENE for creating the app and LETTING us play with the settings. Let's get that straight, too.

Last edited:

AstronusX

Jul 14, 2006
I agree, Torx Development is incomplete and haven't seen update on the iphone theme. This is theme by the way not code. We are aware this is modified version of Torx Develepment. Credit goes to both Torx and Dvt and especially Tene to make this happen

Last edited:

extraducksauce

Jan 25, 2007
DVTonder let's start working on the SMS bubble threader together. :)
24iphonesmsmediumbd2.jpg

i wonder how you could set the sms bubbles on either side like that and not have the images pixleated. hmmmm.

Last edited: