Xperia Neo Disassembly

Search This thread

BBOXPT

Oct 21, 2009
Porto
www.tudoladentro.info
Was anyone able to do this? I'm stuck on the sensor part! I can dettach the back part, but it's still stuck somewhere :\

EDIT: just did it. lots of parts were "glued" to the original front case, so i had to be very carefull taking them out.

Last edited:

maRRRco89

Aug 10, 2011
i'm planning to remove a speck of dust between glass and Lcd
never seen something similar in a smartphone
chinese assembly .... :mad::mad:

Reactions: bokagavrilov

mondaza

Mar 23, 2012
I'm going to save the videos because I want to change the cover of my neo. Where do they sell the cheapest? :p

maRRRco89

Aug 10, 2011
i want disassembly only the front cover to remove a little speck of dust under the glass, but is it so easy like appear?
The cover is glued to the phone or not?

Could be consequences for this procedure, can i compromit the air gap?
I don't want remove a speck of dust and then with the use collect 100 of them :eek::eek::eek:.
If i get the phone to service, i will lose all my mods :D.
Please, say me is a safety procedure and very very easy.

maRRRco89

Aug 10, 2011
The neo doesn't have an air gap, Arc only. I think you will get only more dust, I had the samebon my older SE phone l

Via Tapatalk 2.0 on ICS

Do you speak about the disassembly ?
Of course if you don't pay care, you can get more dust, you have to be fast and precise, not opening all the glass, but only a bit.
In someway the employe had to assembly it during the process and perhaps a little speck of dust remained between lcd and glass, but is is too visible under sun light.
If a careless employe allowed the access of a speck of dust, i can do better because i have not hurry, so i'm not worried about more dust during this process.
I ask you this question only to know if can enter more dust when the phone is again assembled.
Now, apart this speck of dust just out of the box, never entered dust in these months.

Maxximus007

May 2, 2011
Okay that is a video to bookmark!

About a dust specle: Use a can with compressed air, I believe it's called Dustfree or something. Don't start with cotton swipes, you'll make it worse.

sepviri

Nov 18, 2009
Hi,

I've disassemble my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V yesterday and mounted it again now with a white housing, but now whenever I make a call, as soon as I press on the CALL button the screen automatically goes black... as it happens with we put the phone in contact with our ear or head.

I disassemble and assemble it again a few times but still the same problem...
I'm guessing I've messed up the sensor, but I can not be sure...

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
/Vitor

arunsankar

Nov 17, 2011
Kochi
Hi,

I've disassemble my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V yesterday and mounted it again now with a white housing, but now whenever I make a call, as soon as I press on the CALL button the screen automatically goes black... as it happens with we put the phone in contact with our ear or head.

I disassemble and assemble it again a few times but still the same problem...
I'm guessing I've messed up the sensor, but I can not be sure...

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
/Vitor

Its surely the issue of your proximity sensor. Please re-check that once again and you'll be good to go :)

JN3141

Oct 5, 2011
How do you detach the digitizer and sensors from the front plate? The glue doesn't really give and I'm scared of breaking the ribbon cable. :(

Last edited:

JMSpurs

Oct 15, 2011
Somerset
How do you detach the digitizer and sensors from the front plate? The glue doesn't really give and I'm scared of breaking the ribbon cable. :(

I'd like to know too please... though I've already broken the ribbon cable and am replacing the digitizer...

EDIT

Actually I meant I broke the small ribbon cable but anyway. I found out how to do it, take a thin, small and sharp knife then very gently cut away the glue, it should come off very easily. Then slowly prise the connected section of the phone, I don't know the name but the part with the orange cables. You will have to cut away more glue and you will also have to prise it off the rubber as it is quite firmly stuck in the rubber. Hope I helped, this image should help you figure what should dis-attach from the casing.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: phil427

Montoyatok

Mar 27, 2011
Singapore
I'd like to know too please... though I've already broken the ribbon cable and am replacing the digitizer...

EDIT

Actually I meant I broke the small ribbon cable but anyway. I found out how to do it, take a thin, small and sharp knife then very gently cut away the glue, it should come off very easily. Then slowly prise the connected section of the phone, I don't know the name but the part with the orange cables. You will have to cut away more glue and you will also have to prise it off the rubber as it is quite firmly stuck in the rubber. Hope I helped, this image should help you figure what should dis-attach from the casing.

attachment.php

When you reassemble the phone, do you have to glue the sensors back? If you do, what type of glue do I use?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you want to change your front case,LCD,... this can help =)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOE_Z-y8FUs

When you want full disassembly check this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-d-fdE6UDU
    i'm planning to remove a speck of dust between glass and Lcd
    never seen something similar in a smartphone
    chinese assembly .... :mad::mad:

EDIT

attachment.php
    Well I've successfully replaced my silver housing with a silver one, and i didnt need to use any glue.
    @arisremounia: that would be the antenna.
    can you try soldering it?