[Q] Internet pass through, HTC sync not working on HTC One X after Jelly Bean update

Search This thread

jfdfbc

Nov 28, 2012
Internet pass through, HTC sync not working on HTC One X after Jelly Bean update.

Error: MTP USB Driver failed.

Any suggestions ?

jfdfbc

Nov 28, 2012
My question is not about HTC sync manager.

I was able to connect to Internet-pass through with I was using ICS 4.0.4, after upgrading to JB I'm unable to connect to Internet pass through.

The error which I get is latest HTC sync application is not installed, I'm not talking about HTC sync manager here.
I've installed HTC sync application Version: 3.3.10
However this is not getting detected in my HTC One X ... I've also Installed MTP device driver...

Freddy1X

Jun 7, 2012
Astral Planet
www.omghackers.com
I used Windows 8..when the problem occured, I downloaded the latest HTC Sync for HTC One X, which is 3.3.17..
But unfortunately the HTC Driver Installer that included was failed to be installed..

So I took a radical move, I reinstall my Windows 8..and tried to reinstall HTC Sync..
wal-lah, the HTC Driver Installer was installed successfully..
And the best of all I can use Internet Pass-through again! Cheers to my office internet speed, 1gbps.. :D
I'm also on JB ROM right now..hope this will help you.. :)

Reactions: HkDng

Jamesch

Aug 10, 2012
Same problem, phone is not detected in newest HTC Sync.

When I first plugged my phone in I didn't have Sync installed, I just wanted to copy some files on the phone. Even though Windows 7 popups said that driver installation failed, the phone showed up in file explorer and worked.

I am guessing I should somehow return everything to the state before I plugged the phone in, but how do I do that?

Reactions: BabyTasmania

BabyTasmania

Dec 3, 2012
Cant pass through Internet

Mine is XP 32bit Pro.. Already Install HTC latest Sync.. Still Cant pass through... Any way to fix it ???
Thanks.

Jamesch

Aug 10, 2012
Mine is XP 32bit Pro.. Already Install HTC latest Sync.. Still Cant pass through... Any way to fix it ???
Thanks.

I actually managed to do it by installing HTC Sync manager from the link above and the updated drivers in device manager. Pass-through works now, though HTC Sync still doesn't show any devices connected

jakedilla

Aug 11, 2012
I actually managed to do it by installing HTC Sync manager from the link above and the updated drivers in device manager. Pass-through works now, though HTC Sync still doesn't show any devices connected

How exactly did you do that... which subsection is the Phone located under in Device manager? I tried doing it with the one under "disk drives" and it just tells me the driver is already up to date..

vijayendra16

Jul 10, 2010
Sync Manager installation and Dell Laptop

How exactly did you do that... which subsection is the Phone located under in Device manager? I tried doing it with the one under "disk drives" and it just tells me the driver is already up to date..

I have the same problem. Internet Pass through was working before Jelly bean update on my Dell Inspiron.Actually i used the PC internt to upgrade to JB. Now after the update, i am unable to connect on my Dell but it works fine on a HP laptop.
Internet pass through on the phone says you "either do not have the latest Sync manager....." Also, the sync manager does not install on my Dell Inspiron but gest easily installed on my XP.
I have been trying for almost a month now, but no luck..Need help!!

rockinsnake

Mar 26, 2009
Nothing Phone 1
I have the same problem. Internet Pass through was working before Jelly bean update on my Dell Inspiron.Actually i used the PC internt to upgrade to JB. Now after the update, i am unable to connect on my Dell but it works fine on a HP laptop.
Internet pass through on the phone says you "either do not have the latest Sync manager....." Also, the sync manager does not install on my Dell Inspiron but gest easily installed on my XP.
I have been trying for almost a month now, but no luck..Need help!!

I'm facing the same issue.
Did anyone checked the same after JB update?

Ikke_Niet

May 10, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S7
I use Win7 64 bits and have the same problem after the update to Android 4.1. Called HTC a few times but the are saying there is nothing wrong with the software but with my computer. I have to buy a new one according to them. Yeah, right. A 1500 euro I7 with 16gb ram.

I tried on sereval other computers and also the same problem. Maybe i have to buy new ones for them to.

iLawal

Apr 24, 2012
Internet Pass-through HTC One X+_

Had that same problem after i updated to latest HTC Sync manager. You can solve it by downloading HTCdriver. Install and you are good to go.:eek:

grahame

May 28, 2007
Solutions provided by HTC international call centre: a) JB doesn't work with HTC Sync any more. Uninstall it and replace with HTC Sync Manager (http://www.htc.com/www/softwar... b) Internet pass through still available but buried in a new sub-menu: Settings/Wireless and Networks/More/Mobile network sharing/USB network setting/Internet pass-through.

harshjv

Jun 25, 2012
brightbucket.wordpress.com
This worked for me!

Hello,

I have HTC Desire X, and the same problem was with me,

May this help you, same as me :D

• Disable USB Debugging

• Select charging mode when popup appears

• Now check Internet pass-through from Settings > More

:)

rockinsnake

Mar 26, 2009
Nothing Phone 1
I'm on win 7 x64 and was unable to make internet pass-through work even after installing the latest HTC Sync.

So, after doing an extensive search over the internet, I found a solution which worked for me.
I manually installed 32-bit driver for MTP device(displayed in device manager) from the htc sync folder in program files(x86)(filename: WPDMTPHW.INF)
and internet pass-through started working.

Hope this might help!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used Windows 8..when the problem occured, I downloaded the latest HTC Sync for HTC One X, which is 3.3.17..
    But unfortunately the HTC Driver Installer that included was failed to be installed..

So I took a radical move, I reinstall my Windows 8..and tried to reinstall HTC Sync..
    wal-lah, the HTC Driver Installer was installed successfully..
    And the best of all I can use Internet Pass-through again! Cheers to my office internet speed, 1gbps.. :D
    I'm also on JB ROM right now..hope this will help you.. :)
    Same problem, phone is not detected in newest HTC Sync.

When I first plugged my phone in I didn't have Sync installed, I just wanted to copy some files on the phone. Even though Windows 7 popups said that driver installation failed, the phone showed up in file explorer and worked.

I am guessing I should somehow return everything to the state before I plugged the phone in, but how do I do that?