Verizon phone will have missing features?

Search This thread

bisquick24

Nov 17, 2011
I hear rumors the U.S. versions of the phone will not have as many features as the "international" version? Like no 4K video etc. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Gil Smash

Jan 14, 2011
I hear rumors the U.S. versions of the phone will not have as many features as the "international" version? Like no 4K video etc. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

4k video is exclusive to the snapdragon 800 which all the US versions will have. Other then that I haven't heard of any missing features.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Wouldn't surprise me... We were missing a few on the Note 2. Blocking mode and the ability to sync with a Samsung Account come to mind off the top of my head...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 while I impatiently wait for my Note 3 X-(

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
No action memo for us

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Is this confirmed??!! I can't see how this could be! It's one of the huge draws for the N3! If this is true that may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me! I will pay my $35 restocking, cancel my line and promptly go to the closest T-Mobile and get my N3 there!

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
also missing ...

Well surf and talk on 3g ( like my s3 can do but not the s4 ) and

My biggest annoyance : no blue tooth and aux simultaneous , so if you are using an aux for music, phone calls wont get rerouted automatically to bluetooth ,something HTC phones can do , because verizon seem to always cripple that electivelyon samsung phones , mean while AT&t and t-mobile keep it enabled .

I use my cars aux and i have to unplug my phone every time i get a phone call to make it go to bluetooth headset, unless i am on aosp , then they both work on my s3

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
My biggest annoyance : no blue tooth and aux simultaneous , so if you are using an aux for music, phone calls wont get rerouted automatically to bluetooth ,something HTC phones can do , because verizon seem to always cripple that electivelyon samsung phones , mean while AT&t and t-mobile keep it enabled .

I use my cars aux and i have to unplug my phone every time i get a phone call to make it go to bluetooth headset, unless i am on aosp , then they both work on my s3

MAN! I thought I was the only one that noticed this! Drives me absolutely crazy!! And it's the main reason I always ran/run an international based ROM on my Note 2!

K

keymaster911

Once I get my hands on this note 3.. Everything going to change for the verizon customers.. Scott will have the international rom laying across it in a few days.. Verizon will block a few things.. BUT USE ROOT USER WILL TAKE ARE NOTE 3. . BACK... :laugh:

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010

on my S4 i have the iBolt Dock and run the iBolt app when its in the dock. i use the micro-USB cable from the phone that has the USB and 3.5mm headphone jack on the other end. i plug the 3.5mm into the AUX in for better sounding Spotify and Pandora however when i get a call i hit answer and the call is over BT to my truck.

so if i understand your concern correctly then on the S4 you get AUX out and BT phone at the same time and i would assume the Note 3 would be the same.

if i misunderstood what you were saying sorry just thought i would mention my experience.

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
really bad interference

on my S4 i have the iBolt Dock and run the iBolt app when its in the dock. i use the micro-USB cable from the phone that has the USB and 3.5mm headphone jack on the other end. i plug the 3.5mm into the AUX in for better sounding Spotify and Pandora however when i get a call i hit answer and the call is over BT to my truck.

so if i understand your concern correctly then on the S4 you get AUX out and BT phone at the same time and i would assume the Note 3 would be the same.

if i misunderstood what you were saying sorry just thought i would mention my experience.

I tried every dock known to man with my s3 and i have a horrendous experience with pandora and interference in 3 different cars. The best i can do it aux and bluetooth set with minimal interference that way. but music through usb on my s3 was a massive fail, i hope note 3 will not have it also .

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
I tried every dock known to man with my s3 and i have a horrendous experience with pandora and interference in 3 different cars. The best i can do it aux and bluetooth set with minimal interference that way. but music through usb on my s3 was a massive fail, i hope note 3 will not have it also .

on S4 i can use BT or AUX with cable with no issues so maybe that a good sign since S4 would be more like Note 3 that S3 would. i use it daily and only choose AUX cause it just seems better to be hard wired that BT. either way both work great for me on S4.

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
I find it ironic that people root and ROM a phone to get rid of carrier bloat yet here we are in a thread bemoaning the loss of bloat.

jmichaels1982

May 30, 2011
Long Island, NY
on S4 i can use BT or AUX with cable with no issues so maybe that a good sign since S4 would be more like Note 3 that S3 would. i use it daily and only choose AUX cause it just seems better to be hard wired that BT. either way both work great for me on S4.
the whole idea is for them to function seamlessly simultaneously. Aux for music and phone calls route automatically to bluetooth, while aux is plugged in . SOmething every htc phone and non verizon samsung comes with.

Once I get my hands on this note 3.. Everything going to change for the verizon customers.. Scott will have the international rom laying across it in a few days.. Verizon will block a few things.. BUT USE ROOT USER WILL TAKE ARE NOTE 3. . BACK... :laugh:
I am sorry , i dont really speak high .

but from what i could decipher : Scott is not really a bootloader dev , nor does he mess with recoveries . His roms are amazing , clean and reliable. But if Scott sees a non rooted , locked bootloader , he wont touch that phone.

I understand root is very different that locked bootloader, and he did make roms for the rezound with a locked bootloader, before they figured out s-off.

I am not sure , however, how all that ties with bluetooth and aux simultaneously as well as surf and talk on 3g that happens on my s3 , and what that has to do with Scot !
but cheers mate, pass on whatever it is your enjoying

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I would hold off for a dev edition if you want to mod this device...word is Beans is getting one. After what happened with the S4, I doubt anybody will put the effort into trying to unlock a qualcom device. Best hope is for something like a kexec or safetstrap workaround.

K

keymaster911

I would hold off for a dev edition if you want to mod this device...word is Beans is getting one. After what happened with the S4, I doubt anybody will put the effort into trying to unlock a qualcom device. Best hope is for something like a kexec or safetstrap workaround.

Whats up man.. I been waiting foe you to come over here. . You have a message. .

Android is just the beginning.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Whats up man.. I been waiting foe you to come over here. . You have a message. .

Android is just the beginning.

Not much...been away from android, have not had alot of time to mod. Also I have lost some interest since all of the locked bootloader crap has started. development is not what it use to be imo. I am still thinking about getting a N3, especially if a dev version is released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    also missing ...

Does the IR blaster work on the Verizon version? I haven't seen anyone comment on that yet.

Yes. Just turned off my TV with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I don't know if you guys consider this a feature but Samsung Apps is missing. I used that only to download the video editor that they offer. Everything else is crap in the play store.

What I look for in a video editor is the ability to join multiple video files into one, and to look decent.

open the stock camera and tap the chevron at the bottom to show the camera filters. scroll all the way to the right and tap the download button. once you do this you should see an update for samsung apps which will then allow you to install it.

i've setup a few of the note 3's and it's been missing on all of them until i do this. i'm sure there is another app with a download button like this but i haven't really found one yet.

update: i just noticed the full screen "samsung hub" widget (stock, came pre-loaded on the home screen) also has a button at the bottom: "samsung apps". again, there are probably more places samsung apps shows up but it seems silly the app itself isn't pre-loaded with the phone.