Chipped s pen already

Search This thread

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some microscopic paint chip? Be glad that's the extent of your problems with this phone. Every phone is going to have its problems. Paint will naturally come off if suffers regular abrasion, either from sliding in and out of the phone or from us handling it. I'm just glad this phone doesn't have real problems like a poor radio or battery over heat.

Sent From My Gargantuan Note 2

Everyone should think like you.. haha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

traveye

Sep 24, 2011
Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some ...

It's a conversation, brah. No one is demanding a boycott or anything. Personally, I just like to know as much about something I'm going to spend $300 on as possible beforehand. I'll probably still buy it. I bought my GNEX knowing full well it had issues. I just want to know what they are.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
It's a conversation, brah. No one is demanding a boycott or anything. Personally, I just like to know as much about something I'm going to spend $300 on as possible beforehand. I'll probably still buy it. I bought my GNEX knowing full well it had issues. I just want to know what they are.

The only issue I've had with the phone is the chipping spen. I fixed that by a minor mod anyways..

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
Ooooohhhhh a mod, I like mods! What did you do?

I took the chrome off with really fine sandpaper, cut a larger groove into the top so it's easier to pull out, then polished the tip with some Brasso to make it shiny. Nothing too extreme, just got rid of the chipping paint.

ninjamark72

Feb 13, 2013
When my s pen bites it i wont be replacing it with the original for the GN2. I recently used my mom s pen from her Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it worked great. You might wonder what the difference is and the answer is a replacable tip. Not sure why the note 2 doesnt have a replacable tip, but the tab does....FYI. Havent shopped the price difference, but thats my plan. Kinda sucks that wacom, a company who provides tablet and pens, and every one has replaceable tips, somehow misses doing this for the GN2, while remebering on the Tab 10.1. Go figure.

UPDATE
oh...note sure if it fits in the phone, i believe it does, but no promises, and obviously this would chang things a bit...but ill try it again and give a responce. Looks like Amazon has the spen at 26 bucks or so.

Last edited:

traveye

Sep 24, 2011
I took the chrome off with really fine sandpaper, cut a larger groove into the top so it's easier to pull out, then polished the tip with some Brasso to make it shiny. Nothing too extreme, just got rid of the chipping paint.

Nice! I'll add "phone mods" to my list of unexpected things Brasso is awesome for. :D

Sent from my AOSPA GNEX

Reactions: ChaoticWeaponry

jpleez

Oct 12, 2009
I wish the Verizon logo on the home button would "chip" off. My S-pen has the chrome paint chipping off too, but I am a heavy S-pen user, so I figured it would happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some microscopic paint chip? Be glad that's the extent of your problems with this phone. Every phone is going to have its problems. Paint will naturally come off if suffers regular abrasion, either from sliding in and out of the phone or from us handling it. I'm just glad this phone doesn't have real problems like a poor radio or battery over heat.

Sent From My Gargantuan Note 2

Nice! I'll add "phone mods" to my list of unexpected things Brasso is awesome for. :D

Sent from my AOSPA GNEX