[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20 - Windows/Mac/Linux

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR M XT907. Do NOT use this on an XT905!

DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
Batakang

Filesize: 595 MB (624,299,179 bytes)
MD5: 4867E801B70FCB54A33A1B7EC47BA6A6

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20:
*These are not to be done in numerical order. Options 3,4, and 6 require Root Access.
Code:
  1  Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
  2  Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
  3  Flash TWRP 2.323 Custom Recovery by Hashcode - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  4  Flash CWM Custom Recovery by Hashcode - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
  5  Motochopper Root Exploit by Dan Rosenberg [from Normal Boot]
  6  Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 5 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for CWM and TWRP. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse!

Last edited:

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
Thanx a lot for the update. Please, tell where did you get stock images of 4.1.2 for Verizon Droid RAZR M. As i know sbf or xml is not released yet.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
How long should the "sending system" step take? It's the first one when I try to flash 4.1.2 and it's taking a really long time

Mysticdroid

Mar 2, 2011
eugene
i'm using the this on a mac and i'm getting a couple of error messages, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of fixing things.

I get this error when after i enter the commands listed to start the app:

32 bit Mac System
chmod: ./fastboot.osx32: No such file or directory

I select option 1 and this error comes up

sudo: fastboot: command not found

i'm running this on a macbook w/ a C2D. that first error makes me think this might be meant for a newer Mac. Thanks in advance guys :)

sloosecannon

Sep 10, 2012
Your directory doesn't exist where it's expected - you sure you're running it from the right place?

Sent from my XT907 on CM10 using Tapatalk 2

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I'm just getting "sending system" hanging forever...I tried flashing 4.1.2 stock recovery too and same thing "sending recovery"

Does the rom selected on safestrap matter? I wouldn't think so

Not sure what's going on

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I'm just getting "sending system" hanging forever...I tried flashing 4.1.2 stock recovery too and same thing "sending recovery"

Does the rom selected on safestrap matter? I wouldn't think so

Not sure what's going on

Need 2GB+ RAM free and not using USB 3.0 ports.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
delete this

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

thanks so much dude...I finally got it to work. I have a lot of android devices and I was using a different micro usb cable. Sorry about that.

you're the man!

only question I have now is...when booting the phone, safestrap isn't coming up anymore. does that mean the partition it created is wiped as well as the space it was taking up replenished to the stock ROM?

thanks again man

Last edited:

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart
I tried following the instructions and this is all I get. phone was in AP Fast boot, I'm just trying to flash TWRP

Erisnoob

Dec 31, 2010
Bellevue
I did and it does nothing

Isn't option 3 done in normal boot not fastboot?

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I tried following the instructions and this is all I get. phone was in AP Fast boot, I'm just trying to flash TWRP

Yeah use normal boot with USB debugging enabled. Not fastboot

Reactions: ktracho13

ktracho13

Jan 19, 2013
Elkhart
Isn't option 3 done in normal boot not fastboot?

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Yeah use normal boot with USB debugging enabled. Not fastboot

thanks for the help I managed to flash TWRP is it normal the whenever I plug the phone to the computer it immediately reboots into TRWP ?

oh and before rebooting it says "AdB shell has been granted permission"

Last edited:

Sutitan

Dec 12, 2010
Will either Option 1 or 2 allow me to update to 4.1.2 without wiping my data? Id like to update, but OTA require i put all the bloatware back. Id like to just flash 4.1.2 without having to redo my phone.

Erisnoob

Dec 31, 2010
Bellevue
It's a data wipe. You could flash just the radio, boot image etc... Those are extracted and available on another forum. Or you could reinstall the bloat as system apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY ON THE LATEST 4.1.2 OTA UPDATE.

DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR M XT907. Do NOT use this on an XT905!

DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20
    Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
    Dev-Host
    Batakang

Filesize: 595 MB (624,299,179 bytes)
    MD5: 4867E801B70FCB54A33A1B7EC47BA6A6

- Windows Instructions
    Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
    Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
    Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
    Code:
    cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20:
    *These are not to be done in numerical order. Options 3,4, and 6 require Root Access.
    Code:
      1  Flash 4.1.2 Stock System, Kernel, and Radio (Data Wipe) [from AP Fastboot]
      2  Flash 4.1.2 Stock Recovery [from AP Fastboot]
      3  Flash TWRP 2.323 Custom Recovery by Hashcode - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
      4  Flash CWM Custom Recovery by Hashcode - UNLOCKED BL REQUIRED [from Normal Boot]
      5  Motochopper Root Exploit by Dan Rosenberg [from Normal Boot]
      6  Unlock Bootloader (Install Motopocalypse App) [from Normal Boot]

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 System, Kernel, and Radio as well we wipe your data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official 4.1.2 Stock Recovery.

Number 3 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash TWRP Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally with USB Debugging enabled, and be already Rooted. This will flash CWM Recovery by Hashcode.

Number 5 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's root exploit called 'Motochopper'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 6 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install an App version of Dan Rosenberg's Motopocalypse exploit for unlocking the bootloader.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for CWM and TWRP. Thanks to Djrbliss for Motochopper and Motopocalypse!
    Thanx a lot for the update. Please, tell where did you get stock images of 4.1.2 for Verizon Droid RAZR. As i know sbf or xml is not released yet.

It will be on http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ soon enough. I don't need to share my sources, and doing so would ensure I couldn't get them early for you folks anymore who need them :)

Many users on DroidRzr reported bugs on 2.4 and not on 2.323. When 2.5 launches I will update this tool :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Use my RSD Script Generator.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ni0ona6q482c185/RSDScriptGenerator.jar

Drop that in your extracted FXZ directory, run it (it's an executable java jar so java 7 or higher must be installed and configured to open jars), select the xml file from your FXZ directory, and press the generate scripts button. You'll then have FULL, KEEP DATA, and UNIVERSAL scripts. KEEP DATA is what most people need. If downgrading on an unlocked phone, UNIVERSAL is what you want.

P.S. I'm on vacation so my replies are extremely limited this week.

Choose 3: TWRP...

Sent from my GT-P3113 on CM10.1 using Tapatalk HD