Can anyone confirm if the Moto G would work on AT&T with a data block?

Search This thread

deepen915

May 8, 2013
I read the other thread above me, and the guy said AT&T didn't detect is as a smartphone in their system. I want to make sure 100pct before I buy it off of Amazon. And I will be getting the Global GSM version. also I read there is a GPe version? but on Google's site, it says compatible with AT&T, so I would assume it is probably flagged at AT&T.

referring to this thread BTW: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2585854

"It won't connect to mobile network. Called AT&T and they said the IMEI is not recognized in their system as a phone, and as such, will not be assigned a data plan."

Last edited:

slippers67

Nov 8, 2010
I read the other thread above me, and the guy said AT&T didn't detect is as a smartphone in their system. I want to make sure 100pct before I buy it off of Amazon. And I will be getting the Global GSM version. also I read there is a GPe version? but on Google's site, it says compatible with AT&T, so I would assume it is probably flagged at AT&T.

referring to this thread BTW: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2585854

"It won't connect to mobile network. Called AT&T and they said the IMEI is not recognized in their system as a phone, and as such, will not be assigned a data plan."

No issues here. I'm on AT&T, and simply took the sim card out of my One X and plugged it into my global gsm moto g. Selected the AT&T APN, rebooted, and no issues with data over HSPA.

deepen915

May 8, 2013
No issues here. I'm on AT&T, and simply took the sim card out of my One X and plugged it into my global gsm moto g. Selected the AT&T APN, rebooted, and no issues with data over HSPA.

no, I DON'T want the Data plan to be active lol, that was my question. I am trying to use it with a line that has a data block. Currently there is an international unlocked LG P500 on the line. AT&T sees it as unknown..

shlurpee

Jun 23, 2010
It won't work. This is what happened to me. At first they blocked data, then they turned me on to a pay-as-you-go data plan, which was $2/mb. It added up very quickly to $60. So I would not recommend using this device without a data plan attached.

deepen915

May 8, 2013
It won't work. This is what happened to me. At first they blocked data, then they turned me on to a pay-as-you-go data plan, which was $2/mb. It added up very quickly to $60. So I would not recommend using this device without a data plan attached.

oh dammit -_- .. I thought I finally found a non flagged phone for AT&T.. do you have any other phone suggestions to use without being caught as a smartphone by AT&T?

deepen915

May 8, 2013
So I've had the Moto G for a week now.. I disabled data before inserting the SIM. So far, no issues (crossing fingers) with being detected. the AT&T My Devices page shows it as a Motorola device, but no image. I also haven't received any data plan texts from AT&T. I disabled background data as well, just to be safe. Let's hope for the best!

xaudiblex

Apr 20, 2008
So I've had the Moto G for a week now.. I disabled data before inserting the SIM. So far, no issues (crossing fingers) with being detected. the AT&T My Devices page shows it as a Motorola device, but no image. I also haven't received any data plan texts from AT&T. I disabled background data as well, just to be safe. Let's hope for the best!

deepen915, any update on whether they forced a data plan on you?

Thanks in advance!