[Q] Lost power menu (Android Revolution HD™ 6.1.1)

Search This thread

buggage

May 13, 2011
Noticed recently that I no longer have the power menu when holding down the power button. Screen still turns off/on, but none of the shutdown, restart, etc options come up.

Using Android Revolution HD™ 6.1.1 and everything has been fine until a few days back. Read another similar topic where it was suggested to use the camera, but that didn't seem to do anything in this case. I've added a shutdown/restart widget, which seems to work, but looking to see if I can get the regular power menu back somehow.

Any other suggestions besides re-flashing?

sammael1069

May 6, 2011
NYMA
is fastboot turned off in settings-power, when it does reboot it might not be powering down all the way. did you flash any mods?

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
the issue with this can be resolved by activating secure credentials. go to settings, security and check use secure credentials and you'll be able to access your power menu again

Reactions: droritos

buggage

May 13, 2011
Your right, that worked, thank you. Can I ask why that works, when it had been working previously without that setting enabled?

After enabling that option and confirming it worked, disabled the option again, and still working. Is this just something that happens with Android Revolution, or other roms? Never had this happen when I used to be running stock.

Last edited:

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
Your right, that worked, thank you. Can I ask why that works, when it had been working previously without that setting enabled?

After enabling that option and confirming it worked, disabled the option again, and still working. Is this just something that happens with Android Revolution, or other roms? Never had this happen when I used to be running stock.

It's an odd bug on 6.1 :/ not sure if it's a bug in the base that was used to build it though

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

NM

Nov 11, 2013
Paris
www.tutoriels-android.com
After quite a long search and a lot of worries, I finally found THE solution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dbrerUacw

how to get out of factory mode for a s4 but it worked on my N7105

- efs/factoryApp/factorymode/ouvrir avec/editeur de texte/ON
- efs/factoryApp/keystr/ouvrir avec/editeur de texte/ON

Have the same problem on my note3. I tried this but did not work. Any other solution.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the issue with this can be resolved by activating secure credentials. go to settings, security and check use secure credentials and you'll be able to access your power menu again
    Hi... have to tried to go to "efs/imei/" with root explorer or root browser /add a new file "keystr" / Open the file with text editor /type ON/ Save/ Reboot?

hi.. thanks. it works on my gallaxy s4 that had the same issue...:D