[RAM-HACK-SD CACHE]Sense 3.6|Sense 4.0|More free RAM|More speed|More smoothness|07-31

Search This thread

memnoc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
both zip include:
-init.qcom.postboot.sh
-services.jar
the .sh script that will automatically change your governor to badass
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: 1 Those flashable zips contain a script that will automatically modify your build.prop during the flash 2: those flashable zip have being tested on latest Sense 4, and Sense 3.6 base, as soon as a new base appears, they won't work anymore!It means that they need to be updated according to the new software update!​

Last edited:

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011
n00b proof tutorial

n00b proof tutorial
Q:What should I do?!
A:Flash the zip file in the second OP
Q:How can I understand what zip is suited for my ROM?!
A:Read the software base and the Sense version in the zip name itself
Q: Do I have to edit something manually, like build.prop?!
A:No, the zip will do all the job for you
Q:Why did write down a tutorial?! Should I follow it?
A:I've wrote down a tutorial for advanced user, to explain my hack, allowing you to reproduce the hack without my help if you feel like it
Q: So I just need to flash one of the 2 zip files according to my Sense and software version, is that right?!
A:Yes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback about the hack

I love it bro! It's constantly keeping my ram above 180, even when it dips to 150 during use, once I turn the screen off it goes to work freeing up ram back to 200. Phone is fast and snappy with no lag whatsoever. Nice job bro and I will be flashing it on every sense 4 rom
@marseillesw

Lovely mod, system now goes as a butter! ;)
Thank you very much for your work!
@framir

works great ;)
@romskii

Just flashed it, using OrDroid 8.7.0 + faux 007u, feeling a little smoother, no problems noticed so far, thanks for ur work
@d.kuit

After taking a break overnight the hack seems to have taken affect!
With a few apps open, when the phone wakes I am above 220MB to the good.

memnoc you rock!

THANK YOU!
@PamelaGirl

Great hack! This is what i need to increase the performance of my sensation.

Great work mem, as always...
@hardcore4ever

RAM- yes! DesireS free memory is around 160MB, earlier I used to get ~110MB.
And I do confirm that it feels faster though.
Flashed zip, not manual process

On Sensation, I've upgraded to the new base, will check how it fares with it..

Thank you once again!
@fazalali110

Last edited:

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011
Lol, cool thanks..I'm currently using ur script and its working quite nice. Why'd u decide to change it from a flashable zip to this way? Sorry for all the questions, I just like answers :D

sent from my phone..yeah that's what it is

because I like share my stuff, maybe some other dev could find this useful, maybe some users don't like my roms but like the script, it's to accomplish everyone lol

nothing, is the same stuff:rolleyes:
are you still testing it? what's your feedback?

I love it bro! It's constantly keeping my ram above 180, even when it dips to 150 during use, once I turn the screen off it goes to work freeing up ram back to 200. Phone is fast and snappy with no lag whatsoever. Nice job bro and I will be flashing it on every sense 4 rom

Last edited:

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011

ok good, very good, and thanks for the feedback, this exactly how should it works, on sense 3.6 it seems not so impressive anyway, I'll make more test...

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011
I'm currently testing a new way to "massage" the apk and jars LOL this stuff comes from baadnewz and it has been suggested me from @wilkii on of my SmartDroid team member, so basically the hack remove the debugging info from every single jar and apk, this should increase the speed a lot..let's see..

Reactions: mczhu
I'm currently testing a new way to "massage" the apk and jars LOL this stuff comes from baadnewz and it has been suggested me from @wilkii on of my SmartDroid team member, so basically the hack remove the debugging info from every single jar and apk, this should increase the speed a lot..let's see..

Sounds good, can't wait to try it

sent from my phone..that's really my Decepticon protector

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011
Sounds good, can't wait to try it

well, tonight I'll upload Resurrection 3.3 sense 3.6 with ram enhancement, sd card enhancement, and this debugging info earaser, same speech for Berserk 1.3, and RCMixSmartDroid 2.2 (if some I'll have enough time)

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
does your flashable zip for sense 4 work on baads latest IC 2.0? its the new base...1.11.401.110

does your flashable zip for sense 4 work on baads latest IC 2.0? its the new base...1.11.401.110

I'm using it on that rom
d03604cd-4731-e04e.jpg

Um, disregard the pkmn tweaks, I just pulled the apk from pkmn and am using it on ic evolution 2.0

Reactions: memnoc

memnoc

Feb 23, 2011

I'm using it on that rom
d03604cd-4731-e04e.jpg

Um, disregard the pkmn tweaks, I just pulled the apk from pkmn and am using it on ic evolution 2.0

well, the problem is services.jar, since the new base is just a very small update it means that services.jar code doesn't changed too much or at all, that's why it works, good for us ehehe

ravish_919

Jul 11, 2010
will try it now...
i used to edit build.prop & whole init.d folder with old GB & Zep's mods in the every rom i flash.
but didn't knew minfree limit in ICS until pacha showed up with his init.qcom.post_boot.sh files..
i guess minfrees in my signature r way too aggressive for Sense 4... but they were best till Sense 3.5 with GB..
anyway thanks for the mod..

P.S u could also suggest people to use lag nullifier from zep's thread... that works..

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
In your tutorial, the build.prop hack in 1) does not work on ICS because all memory values and other crap got moved out of ramdisk and into services.jar for ICS whereas in GB they where in ramdisk so the build.prop hack worked on GB but not ICS

Top Liked Posts