Still can't view Google Hangout messages on gear

Search This thread

TopDogg1

Aug 14, 2008
Even after the update today...I can't view Google Hangout notifications on my gear....omg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ragnarkov

Feb 26, 2010
Maple Ridge
After the update, did you enable the additional notifications in the gear manager? if you click on notifications, at the bottom there is a 'more notifications' toggle, which then allows you to have any app installed (that would normall have notifications in your task bar) send their notifications to the gear.

This worked for me. I can read the messages from hangouts without any issue at all. I also have facebook notifications and such shown on the watch as well.

AdamsBig

May 22, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
I'm having the same issue I'm on wicked v9 now with a samsung galaxy s4 for t-mobile and I don't see a "more notifications" tab anywhere just a notification tab. It has hangout on it but it only opens the app on the phone.

TopDogg1

Aug 14, 2008
Yep mine is the same as Ragnarkov. ..don't have more notifications. ..maybe I have to wait for another update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seetully

Nov 22, 2012
After the update, did you enable the additional notifications in the gear manager? if you click on notifications, at the bottom there is a 'more notifications' toggle, which then allows you to have any app installed (that would normall have notifications in your task bar) send their notifications to the gear.

This worked for me. I can read the messages from hangouts without any issue at all. I also have facebook notifications and such shown on the watch as well.

what version of gear manager are you on?

Ragnarkov

Feb 26, 2010
Maple Ridge
what version of gear manager are you on?

The latest version available to me on the Samsung App Store. Both Note 3 and Gear are full stock, no rooting.

Attached screen caps of how it shows up on my phone. Not sure if it would be different on a different carrier variant, different roms, or different phones etc.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386916670957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386916670957.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 153
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386916770662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386916770662.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 141
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386916789423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386916789423.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 143
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386916802409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386916802409.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140

hus3695

Apr 5, 2007
Milwaukee
The latest version available to me on the Samsung App Store. Both Note 3 and Gear are full stock, no rooting.

Attached screen caps of how it shows up on my phone. Not sure if it would be different on a different carrier variant, different roms, or different phones etc.

I don't have that option on my gear. I live in the United States and my gear is through my Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ragnarkov

Feb 26, 2010
Maple Ridge
I don't have that option on my gear. I live in the United States and my gear is through my Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Thanks in advance

I am actually shocked. I honestly thought software-wise (with any OTA/Kies updates) we recieved them at the same time. I usually check for availability with AT&T or another american provider because the ones here in Canada are TERRIBLE at giving out updated information.

Sorry I couldn't be of help :(

hus3695

Apr 5, 2007
Milwaukee
I am actually shocked. I honestly thought software-wise (with any OTA/Kies updates) we recieved them at the same time. I usually check for availability with AT&T or another american provider because the ones here in Canada are TERRIBLE at giving out updated information.

Sorry I couldn't be of help :(

That's okay I just got the gear and the Note 3 a couple of days ago. Us in the states usually get stuff late

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
I don't have play store/ink pad or new stand on my notification

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1387078701992.jpg
    1387078701992.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 65

Ragnarkov

Feb 26, 2010
Maple Ridge

Are you running an alternate rom on your note 3? Or are you using an s4 or note 2 perhaps? I'm using a stock, fully updated note 3 here in Canada (bought on and sold by bell) with a fully updated gear directly from samsung brick and mortar store.

I still am stumped. I could have sworn American providers got all software updates at same time as, or earlier than, Canadian providers.

I have heard that you needed all software/firmware updated in order for all notifications to show and work. If your gear manager is same version as mine, is your gear firmware same as well?

I attached a picture of my firmware on the gear to compare. The end part I'd the most important, the MK7 part. That's the latest firmware from what I know available to everyone in North america, or so I've been lead to believe.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387081258122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387081258122.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: mr pnut

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
I'm running x note international Rom 6.0 on my T-Mobile note 3

My gear software is v700xxuamll

Last edited:

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
I guess I don't have an update yet :(

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1387090114173.jpg
    1387090114173.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 49

hodula1

Jun 5, 2005
I am in the US on Verizon and I don't have to update either

calimegot

Jan 30, 2009
i had the same issue,
but now it works fine...

TO HELP US :
activate patern on the galaxy gear

on your phone
FOR HANGOUT ONLY :
remove any SMS software (Go SMS, and others)
Because it was the problem for me... (but i will give you a solution after)
activate hangout SMS
Go to options, SMS, and activate Notifications and Vibrate
On the gear manager, go to Notification, more, and check "Hangout"

Go to Hangout, send a message to your own phone number to test it, and wait 1 or 2 minutes to validate if it's okay

FOR GO SMS :
Go to Hangout (if you have) and uncheck the SMS option
Go to GO SMS, settings, "advanced", and UNCHECK other SMS softwares in the section "other settings"
return in "settings", go to "notifications" , check "enable notifications"
go to "defaut notification settings" , and uncheck "vibrate"

Now you can use GO SMS on your phone and receive the notifications from the stock SMS software on your gear

The only one problem is you will receive 2 notifications on your phone, (but only one vibration)

Sorry if the paths and names are not the same in english for you, because my phone is set in French...

Cya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you running an alternate rom on your note 3? Or are you using an s4 or note 2 perhaps? I'm using a stock, fully updated note 3 here in Canada (bought on and sold by bell) with a fully updated gear directly from samsung brick and mortar store.

I still am stumped. I could have sworn American providers got all software updates at same time as, or earlier than, Canadian providers.

I have heard that you needed all software/firmware updated in order for all notifications to show and work. If your gear manager is same version as mine, is your gear firmware same as well?

I attached a picture of my firmware on the gear to compare. The end part I'd the most important, the MK7 part. That's the latest firmware from what I know available to everyone in North america, or so I've been lead to believe.