Official Firmwares

Search This thread

7kartoon

Apr 2, 2011
I have a question about official firmwares. Let's say I flash an official firmware that was not intended for my device. I can see that every country has their own. Will I still get updates when they are released or should I have the firmware that the phone came with?

Thank you in advance

cviniciusm

Sep 13, 2010
Brasília - DF
I have a question about official firmwares. Let's say I flash an official firmware that was not intended for my device. I can see that every country has their own. Will I still get updates when they are released or should I have the firmware that the phone came with?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

You should be worry whether the devices have different hardwares, because using such firmware can brick your device.
If the devices have the same hardware then you can use that firmware and after this I think you will have to update manually.

Enviado de meu GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk

7kartoon

Apr 2, 2011
Hello,

You should be worry whether the devices have different hardwares, because using such firmware can brick your device.
If the devices have the same hardware then you can use that firmware and after this I think you will have to update manually.

Enviado de meu GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk

I will flash official firmware for the specific device. I8190. I will not flash firmware intended for other model. Just other country.
I would like to know if I would still get OTA updates.

Thank you for replying