Found a dock that works with the Z1 Compact

Search This thread

His Dudeness

Feb 24, 2014
Thanks to the OP for the research :good:
Saving me to pay 5 times the price of the DK31 here.

D

Deleted member 3493119

I got myself one of these noname docks for 5 USD like 2 months ago, works perfectly fine with Z1C. Even the usb passthrough charging works fine.

Bought it at http://banggood.com

vu4enupa.jpg

Reactions: codified

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I just received the DK31 dock from here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Magnet...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1391267223&sr=1-1

I wasn't sure if it would work with the Z1c as Sony have a new version DK32. However, I can confirm the magnetic dock works fine with one of the included inserts. And the best thing is, you can take the dock apart by the screws and just use the cable instead of the dock if you want to.

Price is on par with other official mobile phone docks but it's pricey if you just want it for the magnetic charging cable.

Cheers,
    Pete.
    After seeing a review on amazon (uk) left for the DK32 where someone got their phone to fit with the Terrapin hard case I picked up a DK31 (as it was only £16 vs £25) and tried myself, and it worked pretty well.

All I had to do was cut a couple of mm off either side of the charger slot on the case then removed the insert that would normally hold the phone in the dock and it fitted and charged perfectly!
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Which one have you ordered? This one is the only one I can find and it looks different than yours. :confused:
    http://banggood.com/Magnetic-Charger-Cradle-For-Sony-DK31-Xperia-Z1-Ultra-L39H-p-920599.html

5,99 USD incl. worldwide shipping :)
    My eBay dock arrived today! It is the same as the one swong1 ordered.

It is very light but that is to be expected for the price. The narrower of the two inserts fits the bare phone perfectly but the wider one is still too narrow for the phone with the Terrapin Hybrid case.

I spent about 30 minutes scraping away layers of plastic with a sharp blade and now the phone fits perfectly with the Terrapin case on.

Only thing I don't like is the weight. When you pick the phone up, the dock comes with it! I though I might open it up and glue some coins inside to give it some extra weight but there is hardly any room. If you wish to open the dock, there are two small screws under the rubber strip at the back only. I broke one of them before realising this. Think I might just stick it to a heavier base, if I can find something suitable.

Final assessment: Does what it is meant to and really can't complain for the price!

I have a Nilkin case and it's a perfect fit with the insert taken out!
    As glennza said, it's a bit light and the magnet is strong so you have to hold the dock if you remove the phone. But at least this means it won't stop charging if you accidently knock it. And it also charges very fast. For the price, it's perfect. I bought 2 more of them. :)

Here are some photos:
    bQZCXbK.jpg

YJSrL4F.jpg
    Hi also a new owner of Z1 Compact. Tried the dk31 in the sony store today but that did not fit my z1 compact? Does z1 compact actually fit in dk31

DK31 has interchangable sized fittings.